Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by underthefan »

In unrelated news, Apple destroy-- I mean restored the Tower Theater in LA that Lynch used in MD and TP. So I guess IF there is a new project, he is not likely to go back to filming there. Ugh.

https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE/status/ ... 72161?s=20
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:38 am In unrelated news, Apple destroy-- I mean restored the Tower Theater in LA that Lynch used in MD and TP. So I guess IF there is a new project, he is not likely to go back to filming there. Ugh.

https://twitter.com/TheGregoryE/status/ ... 72161?s=20
What the fuck? LMAO*. An Apple store. That image is straight up dystopian satire.

*I'm laughing cause I don't wanna cry
I'll see you in the trees
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Given its usage in film/tv/commercials I'm guessing they'll be still leasing it out for shoots? But yikes yeah, unbelievably depressing.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

And on the anniversary of Part 8 airing!

And on the anniversary of Purple Rain, Too.

Scandal.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQQ5L8nFED9 ... =copy_link

Sabrina liked this post referencing Netflix and presumably David Lynch’s next project being TP related

I definitely think something is happening and the Lynch camp is very excited
"Jade give two rides."
OneandtheSame

Post by OneandtheSame »

Kyle has a new role in a Fletch movie:
https://www.avclub.com/marcia-gay-hard ... 1847176778
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

OneandtheSame wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:23 pm Kyle has a new role in a Fletch movie:
"New Take."

Yeah, nah.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

look out the owls
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:36 pm
OneandtheSame wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:23 pm Kyle has a new role in a Fletch movie:
"New Take."

Yeah, nah.

- Mordeen
I never watched the original, and frankly I won't watch this, but it's at least nice to hear about Hamm and MacLachlan together on a project, since Lynch loved Mad Men and it seems to have influenced Dougie-Coop's workplace.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Histeria wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:54 pm KPJK.jpg
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Ceresia/stat ... 00042?s=19
Heh.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

So this could be the project he's bulking up for.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Haven't posted in a while. I was trying to stay in the optimisitc "Twin Peaks is happening again at some point" camp, but got to admit - the pendulum is starting to swing the other way again.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I'm with you, Jonah. Feeling less optimistic these days.

Also worth nothing, with the delta variant coming in strong and even vaccinated people getting infected (check the news in Israel), filming (especially in a studio) becomes more and more perilous right now. As much as I would love a new Lynch project, I wouldn't want it at the cost of him putting his health at a serious risk.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yeah we're not getting anything from Lynch. Except maybe a spanking new version of Inland Empire on this or that high-def format, a weather report/special number vid and an occasional "having fun" post/"hint" from his inner circle of acquaintances.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I do think something is happening but I also think all the speculation, while fun, is actually having an adverse effect. Every time we pin our hopes on a particular piece of information or a stream of it and then it turns out not to be leading to more TP, it's quite disheartening. A recent example being Kyle working out for a role, then the Fletch movie announcement. (Not necessarily related, but still - it didn't seem likely to be for Peaks anyway, so that's not one that really dimmed my hopes, I just mean that kind of thing in general.) Or Lynch teasing us by saying there was an announcement - that turned out to be just that he was going to keep doing his weather reports. Or it being pointed out that a certain social media post actually means something else. Or that someone might have another reason for posting what they did. Et cetera, et cetera. All that stuff in general - there's been a lot of it. So I think the speculation can be a lot of fun, but in the end it leads to just more disappointment or frustration. As for the cast and crew and Sabrina themselves - if they're just innocently posting stuff and we're all reading more into that we should be, then fair enough. But if they're actually teasing stuff, then pulling back, then teasing again - if that's actually what's happening (and I have no idea if it is), I'd likely rethink the strategy if I was them, as I think it will just end up putting more people off than exciting them. (Lynch's non-announcement announcement being the perfect example of that.)

I am confident Lynch is (or was - unless it's been cancelled) planning a new series. I'm less sure if it will be more Twin Peaks, but still hopeful. I really do think a new Lynch project is happening or is planned to happen given the scripts and all that kind of evidence, but I don't think everything we post about here necessarily plays into that narrative, and in fact can make us feel much less hopeful once it turns out to be something else. I'll leave it at that, I suppose - still hopeful for more, and fairly certain something might be brewing, but just really not sure.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.