Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Rainwater »

Is this the first time Lynch has grown a beard out in his life? If he keeps going, he can be Santa next Christmas, no wig needed.
One wonders if it's for a role. I hope it is.
I'll see you in the trees
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Rainwater wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:27 pm Is this the first time Lynch has grown a beard out in his life? If he keeps going, he can be Santa next Christmas, no wig needed.
One wonders if it's for a role. I hope it is.
He has a beard in some pictures from the late 60s but nothing like what he's got now.
Lux&Ano

Post by Lux&Ano »

hi im new, I need a new David Lynch movie ... I hope this series is something new, The anthology thing can be interesting, I remember i read quite a few months ago that it may be different stories set on the same "world"... THE LYNCHLAND-VERSE!
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

The idea of a Lynch anthology series sounds very interesting to me and I would definitely entertain that possibility if Lynch himself hadn't always insisted on his love for a continuing story.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think The Return was a bit of both - anthology and continuing story. I wouldn't be surprised if Wisteria/UN continues that trend, perhaps moreso. I could see Lynch only continuing certain characters from TR and mixing it up with a lot of new storylines and characters. I think that would be cool, though I'm still not entirely convinced it will be more TP. I had been at first and I hope it is, but I have some doubts. We'll see, I guess.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

I wonder how much America's complete plateauing of vaccination is going to mess with any potential production.

God, two months ago, it was looking like America would be in the 70% range come today. But, anti-vaxxers gonna anti-vaxx ..
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Rudagger wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:50 am I wonder how much America's complete plateauing of vaccination is going to mess with any potential production.

God, two months ago, it was looking like America would be in the 70% range come today. But, anti-vaxxers gonna anti-vaxx ..
I mean, unless the show is a hidden camera prank show where Lynch jumps out from behind dumpsters and hugs and kisses random strangers on the street...I don't think that's going to impact a closed off production too much. Lynch and his cast/crew can all be vaccinated pretty easily and it should be pretty self-contained.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Lynch was vaccinated months ago, and I’m sure many others are as well (I’m almost certain Dern was vaccinated for her Oscars appearance if not before, for instance). I’m sure the Hollywood community has protocols in place; this shouldn’t be a huge issue in terms of the production. (Although, Lynch-land aside, I certainly share your frustration.)
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sat May 22, 2021 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Ickles wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:03 am

I mean, unless the show is a hidden camera prank show where Lynch jumps out from behind dumpsters and hugs and kisses random strangers on the street..
Hey! No spoilers damnit! Haha
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Do you all think Evelyn Marsh could return in Season 4?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Jonah wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:09 pm Do you all think Evelyn Marsh could return in Season 4?
If she doesn't, then, I dare say Season 4 has really missed the heart and soul of Twin Peaks.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Agreed. Seems weird to me they're not going to continue on with one of the most compelling subplots and just act like it never happened. :?
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:11 am I think The Return was a bit of both - anthology and continuing story. I wouldn't be surprised if Wisteria/UN continues that trend, perhaps moreso. I could see Lynch only continuing certain characters from TR and mixing it up with a lot of new storylines and characters. I think that would be cool, though I'm still not entirely convinced it will be more TP. I had been at first and I hope it is, but I have some doubts. We'll see, I guess.
Yeah, guess I can see what you mean here. I think that would actually be really exciting, both those who want an S4 and those who want a new, original series would get something out of it.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Only way we'll get more Evelyn Marsh is if you make your own fan fic. Queen of Marsh.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Catching up on weather reports/numbers from the past few days. For those of you who theorized he might pre-film/stockpile “numbers” videos, here’s more evidence that he is too superstitious: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jq78bBPc778