Nike to Release Twin Peaks Inspired Shoes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Nike to Release Twin Peaks Inspired Shoes

Post by dugpa »

Please post a link. We'd love to hear your thoughts. And welcome to the board by the way.

-B
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I am very happy with my shoes. They are so nice and of high quality! D, have you bought yourself a pair yet? I suggest you get some for all the family :wink: :idea:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

After I found out the floor pattern was on the insoles, I decided to pass.

-B
John Soanes

Post by John Soanes »

Thank you for the welcome, will get some pics up and linked very soon!
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

dugpa wrote:After I found out the floor pattern was on the insoles, I decided to pass.

-B
If the insole pattern was the outer, you wouldn't wear them in case it wears off :P
John Soanes

Post by John Soanes »

Pete has a point there - I must admit that, when I thought it was on the outside, I wondered if the tread would wear off... anyway, I've posted a general review on my blog, and you can read it here - be interested to hear of other people's opinions on the shoes!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Mikeindustry wrote:
The guy at the store noted that there's some obscure trivia on the shoe, and ... you know, he got it wrong. I let it slide, but, here's what he told me - there's no "SB" logo on the shoe, as with other Nike SB shoes - instead, under one of the Owl flaps, you find, in a stylized font, "85", which, upside down, kind of looks like "SB". Kind of. Sort of. (if you really squint.) The kid claimed that it's because Twin Peaks was on the air in 1985. I said "Oh, uh, Twin Peaks was on the air in 1990." and he said "No, when it was originally on the air" and I just let it go, but... there's that.
i wouldnt have let him off so easily!
Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mikeindustry »

It crossed my mind... but I was really excited to get the shoe, and he was really excited to be telling me that (wrong) information, so I let the moment go...

Really? BOB had taken me over. But when BOB takes me, I don't kill, I just let misinformation continue to exist.

Oh, BOB... you scamp!
Rider

Post by Rider »

Mikeindustry wrote:Ok, so... odd turn of events... the store that said they'd hold a pair for me sold out right away and couldn't, so I figured - "Eh, I saved $130 - no biggie".

Then, this evening, I was out on a date and we were walking in the downtown area of the city I live in and I saw a store with a display in the window that caught my eye - lots of red and birds and donuts and saws and...

As I was telling my date "Hey - that's a pretty cool Twin Peaksy displa-" I realized what exactly it was and before I could finish my sentence we were in the store checking out the shoes.

Turns out they have TONS of them, as the wife of the owner of the store (according to the staff) is the one who designed the shoe. (Interesting!)

I got a pair - first pair of Nike's I've owned since.. like... 1981, I think. They feel great, and they look awesome, and they do set you back a pretty penny (I usually wear Cons when I'm not working, so these were about a hundred more than I usually pay for shoes, but eh, I'm gainfully employed. What the heck.)

The guy at the store noted that there's some obscure trivia on the shoe, and ... you know, he got it wrong. I let it slide, but, here's what he told me - there's no "SB" logo on the shoe, as with other Nike SB shoes - instead, under one of the Owl flaps, you find, in a stylized font, "85", which, upside down, kind of looks like "SB". Kind of. Sort of. (if you really squint.) The kid claimed that it's because Twin Peaks was on the air in 1985. I said "Oh, uh, Twin Peaks was on the air in 1990." and he said "No, when it was originally on the air" and I just let it go, but... there's that.

It's a pretty damn cool shoe, and the store I got it at had a swingin' Twin Peaks display in the window.
The 85 on the inner flap is not meant to look like "SB" upside down or anything like that. 1985 was the year of the dunk. These SB Dunks happen to be slightly un-sb'ed, noticeable by the lack of SB on the tongue tag. And I'm not gonna lie I find it hard to believe some shop-owner's wife designed these. It's mostly some people in Beaverton doing these shoes unless it's a collaboration which it seems these aren't. Well anyway, neat shoes.
garland

Post by garland »

I have such a mixed reaction to these shoes! On the one hand it is insane that they would come into existence... but at the same time they just aren't shoes I would want to wear!

(confession: I am a Doc Marten man. they are just so durable!)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Warning some videos have explicit language. Do not check out at work.

Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

jerry horne needs a webisode series of his insane TP loot! lol
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:jerry horne needs a webisode series of his insane TP loot! lol
I have no camcorder or understanding of how to get things onto YouTube. I'm surprised I mastered the art of converting a cd to MP3.

I would have purchased these shoes if the packaging was more Twin Peaks inspired. Maybe with comatose Leo hawking them from his wheelchair. New Shoes!

I take it that nowhere on the box does it say Lynch/Frost productions?

We actually see someone in the series wearing Nike apparel (not shoes). Anybody remember who?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey, B, do you know any of those shoe-buyers??? Oh, guys, doesn't that just make you want them now?

Jerry, the only people I can think of wearing any type of sports apparel were Bobby and Mike--was it one of those? Or maybe that's too obvious.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Annie wrote:Oh, guys, doesn't that just make you want them now?
Not really!

Nike Jumpman track suit:
Attachments
FinderScreenSnapz020.jpg
FinderScreenSnapz020.jpg (75.04 KiB) Viewed 12936 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM