Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJxH-PHgECz/

Instagram comments say "They're filming a Pacific Northwest tourism commercial" - but who knows.

It is a funny coincidence Kyle just posted a video of himself there in December (https://www.instagram.com/p/CJRyqMPJp7b/) (though his hair isn't black at the moment).

It probably is just a commercial/coincidence but nevertheless "Gentlemen, when two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention.” So it's gotten our attention anyway even if it's nothing. :D

Also, this reminds me of two things:

1. The rumoured Salish Lodge filming last year (wasn't Kyle spotted then too?)

2. Another time a small crew was spotted here (was it filming another commercial, for the lottery?)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

This is torture, but fun.
Smiling Bag
Roadhouse Member

Post by Smiling Bag »

I am an eternal optimist, but I just truly believe that if all these things including HHM posts in 2019 were all made up and coincidence, that someone would have come out and clarified more. Lynch and company (Including Kyle) may like to toy with us but they are not MEAN spirited and would not tease us if there was not something.........
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Smiling Bag wrote:I am an eternal optimist, but I just truly believe that if all these things including HHM posts in 2019 were all made up and coincidence, that someone would have come out and clarified more. Lynch and company (Including Kyle) may like to toy with us but they are not MEAN spirited and would not tease us if there was not something.........
I agree with this. I am also an optimist, and I have been feeling that we would get more Twin Peaks for more than a year now, maybe even longer, but especially since the news about a new David Lynch project broke out. And while I think that the cast, except for maybe Kyle MacLachlan, would normally not know anything until rather late in the pre-production phase, in this case, I think it is possible that they were cast or at least told that the new season is happening before the pandemic broke out, so there could be more people in-the-know than usual.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I remember something being announced at the 30th anniversary or at least the rumours said so. Also during 2019 Comic Con , Lynch was supposed to attend but couldn’t. Even then there were rumours that something was going to be announced
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:I remember something being announced at the 30th anniversary or at least the rumours said so. Also during 2019 Comic Con , Lynch was supposed to attend but couldn’t. Even then there were rumours that something was going to be announced
Was he?! I don’t remember hearing that. It strikes me as extremely unlikely that Lynch would consider attending Comic Con at this stage in his life. He’s a borderline recluse and didn’t even attend in 2017 to promote the show when it was airing. I also can’t even find any reference to a TP event at 2019 Comic Con.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I remember something being announced at the 30th anniversary or at least the rumours said so. Also during 2019 Comic Con , Lynch was supposed to attend but couldn’t. Even then there were rumours that something was going to be announced
Was he?! I don’t remember hearing that. It strikes me as extremely unlikely that Lynch would consider attending Comic Con at this stage in his life. He’s a borderline recluse and didn’t even attend in 2017 to promote the show when it was airing. I also can’t even find any reference to a TP event at 2019 Comic Con.
Lynch has never been involved in Twin Peaks festivals, apart from maybe back in 1992. Not sure what you mean by a borderline recluse - what would you expect him to be doing currently during the pandemic? He's always been one for staying in.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Lynch has never been involved in Twin Peaks festivals, apart from maybe back in 1992. Not sure what you mean by a borderline recluse - what would you expect him to be doing currently during the pandemic? He's always been one for staying in.
If you watch the movie The Art Life, he references the fact that he doesn’t like going out much anymore and basically has everything he needs to create in his houses. He also mentions being a bit agoraphobic. This was way pre-pandemic, pre-TR even. Obviously, the seven-month production of TP was a major exception to this. But he by and large seemed to be leaving the house very little the past few years and has even said he’s enjoying the pandemic in the sense that he loves being home and being left alone to paint and build. My main point is, I cannot see him subjecting himself to an event with such large attendance.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:agoraphobic
Suddenly, I'm reminded of his somewhat awkward acceptance of his academy award. This could be something that has grown over the years.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

That’s a joke, not an indication that he ever planned to attend.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Not a joke, cause i clearly remember them saying later that Lynch got stuck in traffic so he couldn’t make it.
https://twitter.com/nicolaliberte/statu ... 47105?s=21
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

krishnanspace wrote:Not a joke, cause i clearly remember them saying later that Lynch got stuck in traffic so he couldn’t make it.
https://twitter.com/nicolaliberte/statu ... 47105?s=21
I have a vague recollection of that and remember thinking that was also some kind of joke, lol!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

That was definitely all a shtick. He wasn’t actually going.

And also it was 2018, not 2019, so in any event, it’s two years too early for whatever 2020 announcement people think was supposed to happen.
moonmadness76

Post by moonmadness76 »

What if "Unrecorded Night" refers to February 23, 1989. When Laura's going off with Jacques and Leo and her subsequent murder were "unrecorded."