Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by baxter »

:-D

I dread to think what Dr Amp would make of Covid and the US election. I'm not getting into politics here, just suggesting that there is plenty of scope for dark comedy ;-)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

baxter wrote::-D

I dread to think what Dr Amp would make of Covid and the US election. I'm not getting into politics here, just suggesting that there is plenty of scope for dark comedy ;-)
Oh man. Also not getting into politics, but I’d kill for weekly Frost-scripted Tamblyn-performed Dr. Amp routines, like a deranged version of Weekend Update.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Frost could start Mark Frost Theatre on YouTube
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
baxter wrote::-D

Oh man. Also not getting into politics, but I’d kill for weekly Frost-scripted Tamblyn-performed Dr. Amp routines, like a deranged version of Weekend Update.
That would free up a little time for other interests.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

With the cancellation of the fan event on October 30th, I guess that is another deadline for announcing new stuff that no longer exists (not that it was going to happen anyway, but you never know).
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

baxter wrote:With the cancellation of the fan event on October 30th, I guess that is another deadline for announcing new stuff that no longer exists (not that it was going to happen anyway, but you never know).
The only other deadline was the one based upon Hollywood Horror Museum essentially making a positive claim about Twin Peaks news being announced this year.

January 1, 2021 would have been the deadline after which we could have completely disregarded them. Unfortunately the virus situation has provided HHM with some wiggle room, (or perhaps weasel room).
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Pine weasel room?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I bet HHM designed and released COVID-19 because they figured they were wrong about the rumors and found this as a way to save their reputation.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

On a positive note, Paul Thomas Anderson is currently directing a film with an ensemble cast set in the seventies that isn't being shot primarily on studio lots. Apparently everyone not in the shot wears a mask, including Anderson himself, and everyone gets tested weekly.

Another positive development is that the FDA just gave emergency authorization to a 15-minute covid test from Abbot that doesn't require lab equipment, and only costs five dollars. The results can be read even by school nurses with little training, so I assume that it would be pretty inexpensive to have someone on a film set administering these things every day if need be. It was accurate in initial testing, and if that holds under wide release, it could make all sorts of film projects (and other things) much more feasible from a safety and cost standpoint.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jasper wrote:On a positive note, Paul Thomas Anderson is currently directing a film with an ensemble cast set in the seventies that isn't being shot primarily on studio lots. Apparently everyone not in the shot wears a mask, including Anderson himself, and everyone gets tested weekly.

Another positive development is that the FDA just gave emergency authorization to a 15-minute covid test from Abbot that doesn't require lab equipment, and only costs five dollars. The results can be read even by school nurses with little training, so I assume that it would be pretty inexpensive to have someone on a film set administering these things every day if need be. It was accurate in initial testing, and if that holds under wide release, it could make all sorts of film projects (and other things) much more feasible from a safety and cost standpoint.
Awesome news on both counts, thanks!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:I bet HHM designed and released COVID-19 because they figured they were wrong about the rumors and found this as a way to save their reputation.
I was thinking that too
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Hmm.. the word percolating makes me optimistic :)
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

https://collider.com/kyle-maclachlan-in ... eaks-dune/

Do you think that there’s a chance of there ever being more Twin Peaks episodes, or do you feel like we’ve definitely come to the end of that saga now?

MacLACHLAN: I don’t know. David is such an interesting and enigmatic person. I would never say never. I don’t think it’s probably gonna happen, but knowing David, I just don’t know. If he were to return, it would be so much fun. I would love to come back and reprise that role, in any situation. Any way that he would create it would be really exciting to me. But at this point, I just don’t know.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Jasper wrote:On a positive note, Paul Thomas Anderson is currently directing a film with an ensemble cast set in the seventies that isn't being shot primarily on studio lots. Apparently everyone not in the shot wears a mask, including Anderson himself, and everyone gets tested weekly.

It'll be interesting to see how these productions play out. Weekly testing doesn't seem frequent enough, but the 15-minute test could really make a difference, if it proves to be accurate and reliable. The PTA film revolves around high school so presumably much of the cast is younger (which isn't to say it's exclusively a younger cast). As much as I want to see new Lynch cinema I hope he's only going to shoot something when there are some proven logistics to keep people safe. The setback with the Robert Pattinson Batman film shows some of these productions still haven't figured everything out.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:The setback with the Robert Pattinson Batman film shows some of these productions still haven't figured everything out.
I hope the poor guy doesn't have any significant problems. At least the project itself is just another comic book movie reboot. Honestly, I'm mainly hoping for some industry success because I want Lynch to be able to make something.