Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by bob_wooler »

NormoftheAndes wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:What's up with the jar?
I don't recall jars featuring in other Lynch productions - maybe others remember...? But in this instance, it only makes me think of SCORCHED ENGINE OIL. Clearly Lynch knows the fans will associate it with that.
I've read in comments elsewhere that Lynch has used "jar" as metaphor for a place where ideas are being kept and grow. Also, a silly interpretation of the short film is to try and understand it backwards; it starts with the jar (ideas) , goes via some machinery (the filming/creative prosess) and ends with the product, in this case, wood 8)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Well, New Zealand has several new virus cases, and they're apparently reimposing lockdown in Auckland with some lighter restrictions for the rest of the country. This is after a run of 102 days with no known community spread.

I guess we'll find out if this will significantly impact any of the multiple major filming projects going on there.

I never seriously expected Lynch to film Twin Peaks or anything else in New Zealand, but this sort of underscores how tricky things will be generally, for any project anywhere, even in a best case scenario situation like NZ.

Here's hoping that our kiwi friends handily (re-)contain the problem and this is nothing more than a blip.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

How the hell insurance is going to work in future is anyones guess.

I still think that this is going to be with us for years.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Here is a really fascinating look at what film and television will be dealing with for the foreseeable future. Better Call Saul features prominently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... -industry/
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Thanks Jasper - that was indeed a great read.

I know others have said this already, but Lynch is surely the best director in the world who could run with these conditions and make something genuinely thrilling.

One might even say that TMFAP rubbing his hands together in the red room predicted the current need to sanitise :D
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

As for what’s ahead in the “Twin Peaks” world for Lynch, who historically keeps his projects wrapped in impenetrable secrecy, MacLachlan said “anything is possible.” (A most Lynchian answer.) “To be honest, I would be the last person to know,” he added. “He kept it from me on ‘The Return’ for a long time and didn’t want anyone outside of himself and [co-creator] Mark Frost to know what was going on. At this point, he hasn’t discussed anything with me.”
I believe him.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

What is everyone's take on the lottery ball thing that Lynch has been doing since the last 2 days? Will there be an announcement after all the numbers are out?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:What is everyone's take on the lottery ball thing that Lynch has been doing since the last 2 days? Will there be an announcement after all the numbers are out?
The numbers are never going to be “all out.” He picked 8 two days in a row. It’s the same ten balls every day, it’s not like he’s eliminating them.

I think it’s just a “lucky number of the day” type thing. It’s a fool’s errand to read “possible TP announcement” into everything the man does, especially in the midst of a health crisis when filming isn’t happening.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:What is everyone's take on the lottery ball thing that Lynch has been doing since the last 2 days? Will there be an announcement after all the numbers are out?
The numbers are never going to be “all out.” He picked 8 two days in a row. It’s the same ten balls every day, it’s not like he’s eliminating them.

I think it’s just a “lucky number of the day” type thing. It’s a fool’s errand to read “possible TP announcement” into everything the man does, especially in the midst of a health crisis when filming isn’t happening.
To be fair, thread title aside, krishnanspace didn't specifically mention Twin Peaks, only an announcement, and Lynch and Sabrina Sutherland did suggest that they might have something to tell us about soon.

I agree that the timing is odd, at least if it's meant to be a film project of any significant scale, but then again, they didn't mention a timeline.

Just to be clear, I don't expect Twin Peaks, though naturally I'd be extraordinarily pleased to get Twin Peaks.
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Hmmmm.....Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Hmmm..
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

What’s the status of the convention? I see that it’s scheduled for 10/30. Are they planning to hold it in person or virtually or what?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

JohnGSmoke wrote:Hmmmm.....Image
OK, that's a little odd. It could just be something like "Audrey lives on . . . in our hearts". I wouldn't normally give much weight to a tweet like this, though with the recent cryptic comments from Lynch and Sutherland it might merit a little bit of extra consideration. I guess we'll see if any other cast members say/tweet anything unusual.
Mr. Reindeer wrote:What’s the status of the convention? I see that it’s scheduled for 10/30. Are they planning to hold it in person or virtually or what?
It was set for early April, then moved to three days with Halloween in the middle. The most recent Graceland event was virtual. I don't see anything on the calendar from now until Twin Peaks, which is still being advertised as in-person.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

From reddit user thomasjthomasj:

I wouldn't hold too much stock in the Audrey tweet. It looks like it was in direct response to a question she asked about what you would call a Twin Peaks sequel

https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 6731160576
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 3990675457
https://twitter.com/sherilynfenn1/statu ... 7266824198

She hasn't threaded them but they're all clearly related and implies she's working on an Audrey book rather than a new series