Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by bob_wooler »

Jasper wrote:This pandemic thing is so pervasive and long-lasting that it will eventually make sense for characters on shows set in the present to sometimes wear masks and social distance.
I would be shocked if Curb Your Enthusiasm s11 won't touch this. It's a goldmine for Larry!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

bob_wooler wrote:
Jasper wrote:This pandemic thing is so pervasive and long-lasting that it will eventually make sense for characters on shows set in the present to sometimes wear masks and social distance.
I would be shocked if Curb Your Enthusiasm s11 won't touch this. It's a goldmine for Larry!
The most recent season plays very differently now! The hand sanitizer, him refusing to hug Laverne Cox. Larry has been vindicated.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:I think whatever project Sabrina/Lynch are hinting at is something akin to What Did Jack Do
I think there was so much semi-evidence before the virus hit that Lynch was involved in a new major project, that it is almost unthinkable that they are not impatiently waiting to get back to whatever film/series was in pre-production.
I disagree with your premise. My recollection is that optimistic/wishful fans were choosing to read innocent/meaningless comments as augurs, and crediting questionable sources like that horror museum. I can’t even now recall a single shred of “evidence“ besides the HHM tweet, although I remember people citing to lots of tweets and comments that to me meant nothing one way or the other.
I disagree with your disagreement. :D

I think eyeboogers is on the right track as there was definitely more than that. A casting call for a Lynch project picked up by some reputable (seriously) nudie website, for example, which they reported on twice since the casting call required nudity. World of Reel reporting on a possible Lynch project as well, based on his insider sources. The unsubstantiated rumors of Dern/Watts meeting with Netflix having something to do with Lynch. And now Sutherland and Lynch's comments, which are easier to read in light of all the previous "semi-evidence." I was 99% certain something was coming based on all the tidbits. Not necessarily something Twin Peaks, though. Something else, more likely, as these reports never had anything specifically to do with Twin Peaks. The strong rumor was a series; a specific, though unsubstantiated rumor was that it would have (iirc) an 85 mil budget. Which is specifically why I was asking about Netflix last week.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?
As far as I recall from "Conversations with Frost" he is/was focusing on writing a play.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

LateReg wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
I think there was so much semi-evidence before the virus hit that Lynch was involved in a new major project, that it is almost unthinkable that they are not impatiently waiting to get back to whatever film/series was in pre-production.
I disagree with your premise. My recollection is that optimistic/wishful fans were choosing to read innocent/meaningless comments as augurs, and crediting questionable sources like that horror museum. I can’t even now recall a single shred of “evidence“ besides the HHM tweet, although I remember people citing to lots of tweets and comments that to me meant nothing one way or the other.

I think eyeboogers is on the right track as there was definitely more than that. A casting call for a Lynch project picked up by some reputable (seriously) nudie website, for example, which they reported on twice since the casting call required nudity. World of Reel reporting on a possible Lynch project as well, based on his insider sources. The unsubstantiated rumors of Dern/Watts meeting with Netflix having something to do with Lynch. And now Sutherland and Lynch's comments, which are easier to read in light of all the previous "semi-evidence." I was 99% certain something was coming based on all the tidbits. Not necessarily something Twin Peaks, though. Something else, more likely, as these reports never had anything specifically to do with Twin Peaks. The strong rumor was a series; a specific, though unsubstantiated rumor was that it would have (iirc) an 85 mil budget. Which is specifically why I was asking about Netflix last week.
Let's not forget what Dern said about Lynch asking her to skin her head for some project.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

eyeboogers wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?
As far as I recall from "Conversations with Frost" he is/was focusing on writing a play.
IIRC, he said he was working on a biography of Theosophy defector Jiddu Krishnamurti, and called it the most rewarding project he has worked on because it unites all his interests.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

LateReg wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Heh. Well, I’d never bet money against you when it comes to TP rumors. I sincerely hope you are right that Lynch has something in the works, TP or otherwise. I forgot about that nudie listing.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
IIRC, he said he was working on a biography of Theosophy defector Jiddu Krishnamurti, and called it the most rewarding project he has worked on because it unites all his interests.
This is a very interesting tidbit!
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

HHM have tweeted "We can only wait til October for TW Fan Fest", in response to a chase on their previous claims (this was posted on Reddit a few hours back).

Interesting that they are doubling down, but nothing new really.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Do you guys think that the October event would get postponed based on the covid situation?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:Do you guys think that the October event would get postponed based on the covid situation?
There's a very serious chance of it. I see that in August they're doing "Virtual Elvis Week" rather than an in-person event.

Good weather would probably allow them to do a lot of things outdoors. That's the most optimistic thing that I can say. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the event planners.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

krishnanspace wrote:Do you guys think that the October event would get postponed based on the covid situation?
Yes, absolutely. There is zero chance that is safe here in America.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

The event being postponed again doesn't mean an announcement will get postponed with it.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I am privy to knowledge that *something* Is very close to being a deal and/or announced. Covid isn’t helping but it’s been in the works a while. I have my fingers crossed, and think y’all would be excited. This something is obvy not TP.