Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:Anyone notice that Twin Peaks Season 3 has been removed from Netflix Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. It was on there last week and today its not there
In Scandinavia it has just been removed from its home on HBO Nordic, as well as the original series. It does not seem to have appeared on another streaming service. We have also started to see different products popping up, licensed to coincide with at Twin Peaks 30 celebration. I don't know what was planned for this year before the corona virus hit, but something definitely was
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

The idea of Lynch doing any kind of serious filming in the near-future still seems crazy to me, especially since he was (is?) isolating from his wife and daughter. California is at its worst point yet with virus deaths.

Then again, maybe Lynch and co. are planning to film in New Zealand. :D

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/lord-o ... 234698111/
“Our success at managing COVID-19 gives our country an opportunity to become one of the few countries still able to safely produce screen content,” Economic Development Minister Phil Twyford said in a statement obtained by Stuff. “The inquiries and interest we are getting from international production houses tells me that the international film community sees New Zealand as something of a global safe haven.“This is an opportunity friends that we must grab. Despite the turmoil that the world is facing, this is an exciting time for New Zealand’s screen sector.”
Right now they're letting people back in for Amazon's Lord of the Rings prequel, the Avatar sequel, Cowboy Bebop and several other projects.

EDIT: I don't seriously expect this to happen, but it probably would be easier to make parts of New Zealand look like Snoqualmie than it was to try to do the same in the vicinity of Hollywood.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:The idea of Lynch doing any kind of serious filming in the near-future still seems crazy to me, especially since he was (is?) isolating from his wife and daughter. California is at its worst point yet with virus deaths.

Then again, maybe Lynch and co. are planning to film in New Zealand. :D

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/lord-o ... 234698111/
“Our success at managing COVID-19 gives our country an opportunity to become one of the few countries still able to safely produce screen content,” Economic Development Minister Phil Twyford said in a statement obtained by Stuff. “The inquiries and interest we are getting from international production houses tells me that the international film community sees New Zealand as something of a global safe haven.“This is an opportunity friends that we must grab. Despite the turmoil that the world is facing, this is an exciting time for New Zealand’s screen sector.”
Right now they're letting people back in for Amazon's Lord of the Rings prequel, the Avatar sequel, Cowboy Bebop and several other projects.

EDIT: I don't seriously expect this to happen, but it probably would be easier to make parts of New Zealand look like Snoqualmie than it was to try to do the same in the vicinity of Hollywood.
Wouldn’t that be a costly affair? I mean getting all the cast /crew and equipment in New Zealand .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jasper wrote:The idea of Lynch doing any kind of serious filming in the near-future still seems crazy to me, especially since he was (is?) isolating from his wife and daughter. California is at its worst point yet with virus deaths.
Agreed. Although interesting that this video from 7/17 seems to show someone filming Lynch (the camera follows him throughout, different from his other pandemic-era videos where the camera position is locked): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYDrjfYrTF8

It would appear he has started letting at least one person into his home? It’s a start!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:
Jasper wrote:EDIT: I don't seriously expect this to happen, but it probably would be easier to make parts of New Zealand look like Snoqualmie than it was to try to do the same in the vicinity of Hollywood.
Wouldn’t that be a costly affair? I mean getting all the cast /crew and equipment in New Zealand .
I don't really know. I mean, if they get everyone there and quarantine them for a short spell, then they can pretty much do business as usual. In the states they'd definitely be spending a lot on Covid mitigation efforts, and if Lynch or a main actor got sick, that would really cost a lot.

Most non-Hollywood filming locales of any note offer all sorts of financial incentives for film projects, so that's probably the case with NZ as well.

In any case, I'm not even convinced that this is about TP, let alone that they'd take the extremely unlikely step of filming in NZ. (Though they could do a crossover called "Twin Peaks: A Precious Circle" where a dancing Hobbit sends Cooper on a quest to recover the owl cave ring and, um...no never mind. :lol: )
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Agreed. Although interesting that this video from 7/17 seems to show someone filming Lynch (the camera follows him throughout, different from his other pandemic-era videos where the camera position is locked): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYDrjfYrTF8

It would appear he has started letting at least one person into his home? It’s a start!
Interesting. Maybe it's Emily on camera duty.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I love that idea Jasper! :-D
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

If they are actually working on something TP-related, at least we know that Lynch/Frost have ample experience doing collaborative writing in a socially-distanced manner. (Though if it is TP, the writing might be largely done.)
baxter wrote:I love that idea Jasper! :-D
Well, that makes exactly one of us. :)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Lol. Now that I think about it , Twin Peaks is very similar to Lord of the Rings.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:Lol. Now that I think about it , Twin Peaks is very similar to Lord of the Rings.
They could do a prequel to the Return, including what happened as a result of this ring theft. (I don't imagine that things went particularly well for our nurse.)
nurse_sneaky.jpg
nurse_sneaky.jpg (76.84 KiB) Viewed 7489 times
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

A while back in the disappointed thread I suggested they film a Dougie Jones Las Vegas prequel (I think the name suggested was "Blue Desert Rose" or "Twin Peaks: Dougie Talk To Me") exploring the original Dougie's final seven days, 119 mom, Lucky 7 shenanigans, connections between Diane and Janey-E, Jade, etc. :lol:
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

Jasper wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:

Interesting. Maybe it's Emily on camera duty.
It's Sabrina Sutherland. She's been visiting him. Lynch isn't that secluded and I'm not sure he's that much afraid of the virus. I mostly think he find it pretty cool to be isolated from his wife and daughter, it's easier to work this way (in fact he already isolated himself from them before the coronavirus, Kristine McKenna explained it in "Room to Dream").

Anyway, Lynch has been teasing us with a mysterious jar in his last videos, maybe he'll use it in the next project :D
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

boske wrote:A while back in the disappointed thread I suggested they film a Dougie Jones Las Vegas prequel (I think the name suggested was "Blue Desert Rose" or "Twin Peaks: Dougie Talk To Me") exploring the original Dougie's final seven days, 119 mom, Lucky 7 shenanigans, connections between Diane and Janey-E, Jade, etc. :lol:
FWWM, but with Dougie? Hey, I'd watch it. I mentioned that I'd enjoy a comedy/drama about the new Dougie tulpa. A show could even do both, being a Dougie-centric prequel and sequel to the Return.

EDIT: Either one or both of these things would require a different actor to play Sonny Jim. I just looked at Wikipedia, and Pierce Gagnon is now 15, so I guess he'd have been about 10-11 when they filmed TR.
Last edited by Jasper on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

I think whatever project Sabrina/Lynch are hinting at is something akin to What Did Jack Do, shot at home possibly with Lynch playing one of the parts or by utilising combined forms of animation etc (and phoning in voice actors who Lynch can direct remotely). They seem to be pushing the David Lynch Theatre thing on YouTube which makes me think it could just be something slightly larger scale planned for self publication there.

It's feasible a bigger project could be in the works, but it would need a really strict cast and crew quarantine where they all live in the same space and are tested daily. Lynch being a 74 year old smoker obviously makes him at incredibly high risk (not sure what the insurance complications would be for this)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Metamorphia wrote:I think whatever project Sabrina/Lynch are hinting at is something akin to What Did Jack Do, shot at home possibly with Lynch playing one of the parts or by utilising combined forms of animation etc (and phoning in voice actors who Lynch can direct remotely). They seem to be pushing the David Lynch Theatre thing on YouTube which makes me think it could just be something slightly larger scale planned for self publication there.

It's feasible a bigger project could be in the works, but it would need a really strict cast and crew quarantine where they all live in the same space and are tested daily. Lynch being a 74 year old smoker obviously makes him at incredibly high risk (not sure what the insurance complications would be for this)
Twin Peaks would be very tricky business, since at least traditionally it has used a large ensemble cast. The Return also used a lot of locations, though that wouldn't necessarily be the case in a continuation. Along with Lynch himself, there are also a number of older actors in the cast who are important to that world, and this would further increase the risk relating to the virus.