Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:He had a long documented history of reusing certain motifs and aesthetics from film to film and in his other work. He clearly likes the effect and he decided to start using it on the weather reports. I’m not reading anything into it.
Since 2007 Lynch has made a 3 hour abstract film and then a tv series. If he had made 5 films which variously used a host of effects including this blue filter I'd tend to agree with you. It is obvious he is not using this blue filter in a totally random way and knows Twin Peaks fans will associate it with the blue rose scene.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.52.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.52.34 AM.png (356.09 KiB) Viewed 8546 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I don’t know why but since the last 2 days I’ve been having a feeling that Season 4 would be announced soon.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:He had a long documented history of reusing certain motifs and aesthetics from film to film and in his other work. He clearly likes the effect and he decided to start using it on the weather reports. I’m not reading anything into it.
Since 2007 Lynch has made a 3 hour abstract film and then a tv series. If he had made 5 films which variously used a host of effects including this blue filter I'd tend to agree with you. It is obvious he is not using this blue filter in a totally random way and knows Twin Peaks fans will associate it with the blue rose scene.
I guess we’ll see. I’ll also point out that Lynch is only using the filter on clear days (when he typically says, “beautiful blue skies!”), and not on overcast days.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:I don’t know why but since the last 2 days I’ve been having a feeling that Season 4 would be announced soon.

I had an intuition that my dream and krishnanspace's
feeling were connected. I didn't go on dugpa this
morning so I wouldn't influence him. I'm a strong sender.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

There's blue all over Lynch's art, the color is very elemental to him but not exclusively Twin Peaks related. Remember the name of his fourth film. ;) Same goes for fire btw. I really like the new short film!

Maybe this whole corona thing gives L&F extra time to finish up an incredible script. And Lynch can pre-draw/craft/animate/conceptualize all the beautiful visuals we might get for a season 4. I don't expect the film industry to catch up again until at soonest early next year unfortunately.

Maybe he can do a very loud weather report as Gordon Cole.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I don’t know why but since the last 2 days I’ve been having a feeling that Season 4 would be announced soon.

I had an intuition that my dream and krishnanspace's
feeling were connected. I didn't go on dugpa this
morning so I wouldn't influence him. I'm a strong sender.
Maybe it is going to happen again? I think we are all part of a collective consciousness that Lynch keeps on describing.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

He's likely to be in the loop since he was in The Final Dossier
Attachments
TP.jpg
TP.jpg (23.32 KiB) Viewed 8132 times
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

eyeboogers wrote:He's likely to be in the loop since he was in The Final Dossier
I assume that tweet was about opening up the economy and so on. The collective consciousness can exert itself in all sorts of ways, even if the subject in question is entirely oblivious to the topic at hand.

Anyway, the clock is still ticking on the Hollywood Horror Museum, but this shutdown might have bought them a little wiggle room. I was giving it until New Year's Eve, but now we might have to allow for a few extra months before utterly condemning them, and I don't like that situation one bit.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jasper wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:He's likely to be in the loop since he was in The Final Dossier
I assume that tweet was about opening up the economy and so on. The collective consciousness can exert itself in all sorts of ways, even if the subject in question is entirely oblivious to the topic at hand.

Anyway, the clock is still ticking on the Hollywood Horror Museum, but this shutdown might have bought them a little wiggle room. I was giving it until New Year's Eve, but now we might have to allow for a few extra months before utterly condemning them, and I don't like that situation one bit.
If Lynch is as worried for his health as I think he is, now I think this new season may not happen, if it was indeed planned.

Edit: Not only Lynch, but maybe other older actors/crew would not want to risk being involved in a production and expose themselves to so many people. I think of Richard Beymer, Russ Tambyn, etc.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Eyeboogers was making a funny. But Trump is definitely the first person Mark would tell.

No one is remotely thinking about filming anything right now, least of all happily home-bound Lynch. He’s clearly in his element in quarantine.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

mtwentz wrote:If Lynch is as worried for his health as I think he is, now I think this new season may not happen, if it was indeed planned.

Edit: Not only Lynch, but maybe other older actors/crew would not want to risk being involved in a production and expose themselves to so many people. I think of Richard Beymer, Russ Tambyn, etc.
I haven't been convinced that anything was being planned, and as a result of that I'm not all that concerned about anything being cancelled. That said, we just don't know what's going to happen with this virus situation. Maybe we'll get lucky. It's just like the Twin Peaks manta, "We'll just have to wait and see."

It sure would be a bitch if this virus actually did end up scuttling concrete plans for a continuation of Twin Peaks. Talk about cruel fate. As if this isn't bad enough already.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

If they had big plans for Twin Peaks to be filming soon they might make a lockdown special. They could film 18 hours on webcams.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote:If they had big plans for Twin Peaks to be filming soon they might make a lockdown special. They could film 18 hours on webcams.
Parks & Rec did this (not 18 hours). It was pretty great as a one-off novelty (and will be an interesting piece of time capsule entertainment to look back on), but definitely not a sustainable ongoing format (and much better suited to a lightweight comedy about friends than a surreal supernatural mystery drama). I can’t imagine where Cooper would be skyping in from after Part 18.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Maybe Coop has an iPhone?