Twin Peaks 30: Official Fan Celebration (Graceland)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Twin Peaks 30: Official Fan Celebration (Graceland)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
EMFjECqXUAAS5vt-1.jpg
EMFjECqXUAAS5vt-1.jpg (70.76 KiB) Viewed 14781 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks 30: Official Fan Celebration (Graceland)

Post by mtwentz »

So maybe this is what Sherilyn was complaining about? Maybe they initially were not going to invite her?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I hope this is not what HHM was referring to. This seems to be your average Twin Peaks Convention/Festival
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:I hope this is not what HHM was referring to. This seems to be your average Twin Peaks Convention/Festival
This seems much more than the other conventions. It’s at Graceland!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Lol. I just checked out, the significance of Graceland and it seems it’s Elvis Presley’s estate. Is that an odd location to host such a thing?
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

The 3 different ticket levels seems tacky to me.
:(
-23-
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:Lol. I just checked out, the significance of Graceland and it seems it’s Elvis Presley’s estate. Is that an odd location to host such a thing?
Would make more sense for a Wild at Heart convention.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Let's just say I'm not "squaling and giddy" at the news of this - at all.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.52.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.52.24 AM.png (381.11 KiB) Viewed 14602 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I hope this isn't replacing the Twin Peaks festival that usually happens in North Bend. (wow I guess that was answered with the post above which was sent while I wrote this crazy)

I think this is what Sherlyn was talking about but not what HHM claimed. Tho HHM might be full of it. 2020 better bring a big announcement like they said.... I'm not putting many eggs in that basket anymore just a little hope.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Why isn’t Mark Frosts name there for the Twin Peaks festival takeover?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

TwinsPeak wrote:I hope this isn't replacing the Twin Peaks festival that usually happens in North Bend. (wow I guess that was answered with the post above which was sent while I wrote this crazy)

I think this is what Sherlyn was talking about but not what HHM claimed. Tho HHM might be full of it. 2020 better bring a big announcement like they said.... I'm not putting many eggs in that basket anymore just a little hope.
That CBS is taking even more of an active interest certainly only supports the rumours that "Twin Peaks" is far from over.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:Lol. I just checked out, the significance of Graceland and it seems it’s Elvis Presley’s estate. Is that an odd location to host such a thing?
If you think that is an odd choice of location then you haven't read "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" :D
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

eyeboogers wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:I hope this isn't replacing the Twin Peaks festival that usually happens in North Bend. (wow I guess that was answered with the post above which was sent while I wrote this crazy)

That CBS is taking even more of an active interest certainly only supports the rumours that "Twin Peaks" is far from over.
THIS.

It seems odd CBS want to take the festivals over unless more content is planned in the future.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Wow. I guess it can be said that CBS has a real talent for alienating an entire gala of some of the most serious fans of its property in one swoop. Seriously, this has been a down to earth, pure-love fan thing for 27 YEARS. At that point you should have the good grace to just let them continue. There's no reason not to, except for maximizing profits.

There's a bit of a stink emanating from how the franchise has been handled in this past half year. 2 entire box sets dubious in their being necesarry, the absolutely crud-looking VR licensed game, and now a swanky resort fan convention that has taken the rights out of people who have been doing it, I repeat, for 27 years in a thankfully non-corporate environment.

This just seems real sour to me, and I don't have much faith that if CBS is trying to sustain the franchise, they're going to do it respectfully. I fully expect a crappy spinoff without L/F involvement or something.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.