Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

Agent Earle wrote:Holy smokes, are you people seriously still on that "S4" claptrap???
Yes, because it's very possible.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Hey, I'm all for it, if it happens, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think that what little "evidence" we were given two months ago amounts to nothing but speculatons of the kind that were circulating for a couple of decades before S3 eventually did manifest - nothing that has come to our attention recently points to the probability of a forthcoming S 4 (I actually think the odds are tipped slightly in the opposite direction, because a person or two that were actually of relevance to the production in the past /unlike HHM/ have come out and debunked it).

But since we're speculating, let me speculate away: maybe the upcoming S3 boxset holds a S4 announcement hidden somewhere among the bonus material as an Easter egg! :)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’m kinda with Earle. I think there’s a decent-to-pretty-good chance that L/F will revisit this world at least once more in some form at some point, but I’ve seen no persuasive evidence that it will occur in 2020. That’s not to say it’s impossible or won’t happen, but I see no reason to get my hopes up.

That said, I’ve never been more happy to be potentially proven wrong!
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I guess it doesn't matter that I really really want more Twin Peaks seasons and or movies. I'll never forgive HHM for playing with my emotions if there is no announcement in 2020. VR is coming like Harley Peyton said about what the rumors might be about. :(
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

HHM did say the rumors are about Season 4 in one of their replies and not the VR or some reunion
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:HHM did say the rumors are about Season 4 in one of their replies and not the VR or some reunion
Not quite, they specified that it wan't the VR game, but they also didn't say "season 4" just that someone in the know told them something exciting about "..the future of Twin Peaks".
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

eyeboogers wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:HHM did say the rumors are about Season 4 in one of their replies and not the VR or some reunion
Not quite, they specified that it wan't the VR game, but they also didn't say "season 4" just that someone in the know told them something exciting about "..the future of Twin Peaks".
They did. I’ll post the link In a while
Edit: https://twitter.com/horrormuseum/status ... 40?lang=en
Just read through their replies. There were more tweets where they kinda almost are explicit that its a Season 4
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

One of their replies actually makes it sound like it is about a re-release of "On The Air" which is certainly something that could happen (notice the capital letter in their answer), but it is a bit of a stretch to say that has anything to do with the future of Twin peaks.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 17.59.31.png
Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 17.59.31.png (139.31 KiB) Viewed 8932 times
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Maybe it's a new season of On The Air. :lol:
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Henrys Hair wrote:Maybe it's a new season of On The Air. :lol:
On The Air Season 2: The Revenge of the Hurry Up-twins
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

It seems the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has created a bit of an appetite for shows about showbiz in the 1950's -- perhaps On The AIr: The Return could capitalize on that?

I really don't feel like there will be a S4 of Peaks. The ending of S3, however messy and inconclusive it might feel at times, brings the story full circle in a really interesting way and I don't know how they could top it. That being said, that relative silence from most involved parties on the subject is very curious. It's easy to imagine Lynch/Frost/Sutherland making secret plans that can't be disclosed publicly, whether it's a new season or something even tangentially related.

I personally hope there is a new season. Although I would dread a scene where Big Ed drives his truck past a boarded up Double R Diner, or Gordon Cole talks loudly at some agents fresh out of the academy, none of whom have the wit or confidence to acknowledge his absurdity in a way Albert would. I'm sure Lynch/Frost would handle references to the deceased in a tasteful way, as they did in S3... it would just be kind of sad though. Albert is just about my favorite character, and the Double R is central to the mood and feeling of Twin Peaks, but damn, I don't know how they could have scenes in the Double R without Peggy Lipton. She was a big part of that setting -- her calm and comfortable demeanor really turned that location into something special.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

So it's not the VR game, and it's not the anniversary event. hmmmm......
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

baxter wrote:So it's not the VR game, and it's not the anniversary event. hmmmm......
Weren't they always relatively clear that what they were alleging wasn't something like that?

In any case, I'll believe it when I see some concrete evidence. We can give HHM some credit if and when they're proven correct. Their claim is falsifiable within about one year. The clock starts ticking on the first of January for some official announcement (or really obvious goings-on).

I wonder what we'll be talking about here on December 20, 2020.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Jasper wrote:
I wonder what we'll be talking about here on December 20, 2020.
That's easy: we'll be wondering whether there will be any kind of announcement before the day is over, given the numbers symmetry of the date :D