Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

beano
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by beano »

what is this all about?Image

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Hmmmm.I guess there is some reunion for the 30th anniversary and maybe she's not yet invited?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Don't put too much mind into what SF posts on social media. She can be a bit of a... drama queen.

A little more than one month left of 2019. Next year, we'll see if HHM was correct. 8)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

then minutes later she posted this second tweet. i take every thing she says with a grain of salt. but this all feels very reminiscent of what she was tweeting during the production of season 3.Image

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yawn.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I know she can post a lot of random stuff on social media and that these posts should be taken with a grain of salt, but to be fair she did stay very quiet during the rumours. This does sound a bit like negotiations for a movie or Season 4 could be underway, as this is - as was pointed out above - very reminiscent of her posts regarding Season 3.

Her use of the word "reunion" and the recent news that a non-scripted "Friends" Reunion is airing in 2020 has me wondering though if this could be some sort of Reunion Special like that, not an actual movie or season. That could be what the 2020 rumours were about all along. I hope not. I'd rather a narrative return.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

these are all of my thoughts exactly..
Jonah wrote:I know she can post a lot of random stuff on social media and that these posts should be taken with a grain of salt, but to be fair she did stay very quiet during the rumours. This does sound a bit like negotiations for a movie or Season 4 could be underway, as this is - as was pointed out above - very reminiscent of her posts regarding Season 3.

Her use of the word "reunion" and the recent news that a non-scripted "Friends" Reunion is airing in 2020 has me wondering though if this could be some sort of Reunion Special like that, not an actual movie or season. That could be what the 2020 rumours were about all along. I hope not. I'd rather a narrative return.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

If it's a non-scripted reunion for the 30th, I'm just hoping for Ontkean and LFB.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

The idea of a reunion show three years after a revival does not excite me in the least.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jerry Horne wrote:If it's a non-scripted reunion for the 30th, I'm just hoping for Ontkean and LFB.
I'd watch this only if The Evolution of the Arm is in the panel.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

A non-scripted reunion directed by David Lynch.

Uh oh.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

A non-scripted reunion would be about the most dull thing. I don't get excited for that kind of stuff, in general. I feel like Twin Peaks has had plenty of those between the Gold Box, Entire Mystery set and all the Season 3 BTS, interviews, comic-con. There's just nothing that can really interest me there because they're 99.9% fluff anyway and the same old stories you've heard across a dozen actors.

*If* that were to be what all the rumours were about, it'd be a massive disappointment to me.

But yeah, not sure there's anything worth reading into Fenn's tweets because she's a bit .. y'know, kooky? But, they absolutely do remind me of the S3 behind-the-scenes drama and her very public posturing. But hell, who knows, she could just have an ear to the rumours (that still might be a whole bunch of nothing), and just freaking out thinking everyone got the memo but her.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think she was just using this theoretical TP reunion as an illustrative point to show Audrey’s/her importance to that world, and the contributions of women in general. Not reading too much into it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There's a big TP "reunion" next year in Fayetteville Arkansas (of all places) and I'm wondering if that's what she's talking about? She's not top billed and maybe she's mad.

https://fayettevillecomicshow.com/media
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I think she is talking about Season 4 or a movie and was offered scale once again but used the word Reunion in order to not break her NDA.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly