Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by BGate »

It is out of character/notable/whatever, I never disagreed with that. But sometimes people do out of character things for unknown reasons. It's not that hard to believe.
liquidspace

Post by liquidspace »

my guess that in 2020 they release a 19'th part of s3 in a vibe of episode 18 :) if i remember correctly Kyle was taking about some unused material with Cooper from s3. That can be basis for new part.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

mtwentz wrote: Their silence could mean a few things: it could mean the rumors are true or it could mean they no longer feel the need to shut down rumors etc.
[...]
Only time will tell. No need to be fighting over what we don’t know.
[...]
^ Exactly. Well said!

I personally think something is brewing, but can't quite say WHY I feel that! I haven't really weighed in on all of this in awhile. It was more fun for me when it was based on the speculating about social media posts, etc., and I got rather caught up with it for a couple of weeks there. It was a lot of fun. But haven't really been following things as closely lately. Things seem to have quietened down for now anyway.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

LateReg wrote:The key thing that I believe a lot of us are overlooking is in the first (I think) article that picked up the news. I'm too lazy to look back to which website it was, but they claimed that they had a source who told them that a Season 4 was happening, and they said it was the same source who told them other things in the past that they reproted early that ended up being true. Stuff having to do with Star Wars and the upcoming Ghostbusters. That, more than the HHM tweet, makes me curious. The question is whether their source for those rumors is HHM, or the same insider that supposedly spilled beans to HHM, or someone else entirely. Who gave them the inside info in the past? That's the thing that is actually worth finding out about this whole situation, imo.....
I believe what you're referring to is WeGotThisCovered.com. And this is the link - https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/showtim ... ks-season/

I'm not sure how trustworthy/reliable they are. I believe they had announced Blumhouse was working on the Scream franchise, and then Blumhouse shut that down, and they claimed someone else was working on the franchise and they got their facts mixed up but that the scoop was still true. Around that time, I believe I read some people online saying they were full of *****. But not sure if that means they're prone to announcing things that aren't true or not as I really don't know anything about them and they do seem to have gotten genuine scoops (Star Wars, etc.) so maybe someone else here can weigh in on how credible they are.

Btw, there's a list of all known rumours to date on Reddit. I'll link it here. I've posted a lot of the stuff on this thread too, but the list on reddit sort of summarises everything that's known. It's pretty complete, but as a result a lot of it is probably nothing - just social media posts, etc. But I think it covers every possible rumour if indeed there is something afloat.

Link - here: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ow_so_far/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

liquidspace wrote:my guess that in 2020 they release a 19'th part of s3 in a vibe of episode 18 :) if i remember correctly Kyle was taking about some unused material with Cooper from s3. That can be basis for new part.
My guess is it’s a Dr. Amp web series.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

[quote][/quote][quote="LateReg"]The key thing that I believe a lot of us are overlooking is in the first (I think) article that picked up the news. I'm too lazy to look back to which website it was, but they claimed that they had a source who told them that a Season 4 was happening, and they said it was the same source who told them other things in the past that they reproted early that ended up being true. Stuff having to do with Star Wars and the upcoming Ghostbusters. That, more than the HHM tweet, makes me curious. The question is whether their source for those rumors is HHM, or the same insider that supposedly spilled beans to HHM, or someone else entirely. Who gave them the inside info in the past? That's the thing that is actually worth finding out about this whole situation, imo. If it was HHM, then that gives them credibility. If it was someone else entirely, then that means its either HHM's same source, which once again lends that source credibility since they've provided correct info before, or it means that a second, different source also knows the rumor. And I do agree with Needleman that Sutherland would have shut this down rather than let it fester and blow over if there wasn't at least something in the works.

1. HHM isn't credible. the picture of that other kid named David Lynch with Vincent Price has been on the internet for years, and anyone
who is Lynch literate knows it's not Lynch. it doesnt even look like Lynch, and Lynch wasnt a movie buff growing up. someone tweeting that
maybe misunderstanding and jumping to conclusions on someone from the cast/crew saying something about S4.

2. We Got this Covered - I dunno how credible they are and whether or not their source is the same as HHM. It's pretty clear Showtime wants more TP, so if that's the lowdown, it's a moot point. Lynch has done a lot of interviews where he says he feels pressure sometimes to do something and doesnt have ideas, or something doesnt feel right. so it seems like it comes down to the creators here rather than the network.

3. Lynch and Frost - I can see being unaware of HHM and WeGotthisCovered - but Newsweek is definitely on their radar. They have families/kids who def would have noticed that and sent it to them.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

There’s also the reverse-“Boy Who Cried Wolf” syndrome to consider. If you go out of your way to correct every lie/misconception/rumor, then when the rumors are true and you remain silent, it’s obvious. At a certain point, it’s easier and safer to ignore all the bullshit, true or untrue, if you want to maintain your poker face.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Frost is also active on twitter, and while most of his posts are about politics, anything that is tangentially Twin Peaks related has fans blasting him about Season 4, so he's well aware. It doesn't mean the silence is definitively indicative of anything... but it's basically impossible that they are not aware of the rumors.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Frost is definitely aware. I could see Lynch maybe not knowing/not caring, but Frost knows about the rumours, so him interacting with HHM on Twitter was definitely interesting, and some of his tweets seemed tongue-in-cheek/teasing. Kyle's too. Same with Michael Horse's and Al Strobel's. But Kimmy's denial doesn't exactly line up with the rest. The Salish Lodge tweet was interesting too, though everything else was probably just coincidence or meaningless.

:?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I went to Lynch’s art show opening in NYC. He was there, seemed to be in good health and spirit. Dana Ashbrook was there too.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

JackwithOneEye wrote:I went to Lynch’s art show opening in NYC. He was there, seemed to be in good health and spirit. Dana Ashbrook was there too.
Sounds fun. Was it paintings or what?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Sounds fun. Was it paintings or what?
[/quote]

yeah, paintings w raised texture, semi-sculpture, plus some lamps.

some of them super big, way more impressive in person than in pictures, internet.

i turned around at one point and there was ashbrook right behind me chewing gum and looking at a painting.
tylergfoster

Post by tylergfoster »

Couple of things:

HHM confirmed in replies after their initial Tweet that Jen left the board last year.

We Got This Covered is notoriously unreliable as far as movie and TV rumors go.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

JackwithOneEye wrote:yeah, paintings w raised texture, semi-sculpture, plus some lamps.

some of them super big, way more impressive in person than in pictures, internet.

i turned around at one point and there was ashbrook right behind me chewing gum and looking at a painting.
I found a few images. The big impasto paintings are some of my favorite Lynch things, so I’m really happy that he’s been at that. One interesting thing in the show is the repeated appearance of a character named Billy. A certain (or uncertain) Billy was a mysterious, oft-mentioned individual in s3, spoken of by repeatedly by Audrey, as well as by random characters in the Roadhouse. Here are a couple of appearances of the painted character of the same name:

Billy Sings the Tune for the Death Row Shuffle
Billy Sings the Tune for the Death Row Shuffle, (2018).jpg
Billy Sings the Tune for the Death Row Shuffle, (2018).jpg (166.33 KiB) Viewed 10039 times

Billy (And His Friends) Did Find Sally in the Tree
Billy (And His Friends) Did Find Sally in the Tree (2018).jpg
Billy (And His Friends) Did Find Sally in the Tree (2018).jpg (182.52 KiB) Viewed 10039 times

This gives a sense of scale:
Main-Gallery-Installation-view-1.jpg
Main-Gallery-Installation-view-1.jpg (180.36 KiB) Viewed 10039 times
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

LateReg wrote:The key thing that I believe a lot of us are overlooking is in the first (I think) article that picked up the news. I'm too lazy to look back to which website it was, but they claimed that they had a source who told them that a Season 4 was happening, and they said it was the same source who told them other things in the past that they reproted early that ended up being true. Stuff having to do with Star Wars and the upcoming Ghostbusters. That, more than the HHM tweet, makes me curious. The question is whether their source for those rumors is HHM, or the same insider that supposedly spilled beans to HHM, or someone else entirely. Who gave them the inside info in the past? That's the thing that is actually worth finding out about this whole situation, imo.....
Jonah wrote: I believe what you're referring to is WeGotThisCovered.com. And this is the link - https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/showtim ... ks-season/

I'm not sure how trustworthy/reliable they are. I believe they had announced Blumhouse was working on the Scream franchise, and then Blumhouse shut that down, and they claimed someone else was working on the franchise and they got their facts mixed up but that the scoop was still true. Around that time, I believe I read some people online saying they were full of *****. But not sure if that means they're prone to announcing things that aren't true or not as I really don't know anything about them and they do seem to have gotten genuine scoops (Star Wars, etc.) so maybe someone else here can weigh in on how credible they are.
tylergfoster wrote:
We Got This Covered is notoriously unreliable as far as movie and TV rumors go.
Update based on the above comments - WeGotThisCovered reporting on more TP: Well, a new Scream has just been announced! So it seems they were right about this - or sort of right. They got the Blumhouse angle wrong. And others have said they were right about Star Wars. They may definitely be unreliable in general like Tyler says (I don't know either way) but now that the Scream movie has been announced, and the previous Star Wars thing, that means they were right with two fairly big things (even if they're generally unreliable). So could they be right about Twin Peaks Season 4 too?

Also, they reported on this before the HHM right? Did their report just come out of nowhere or was it based on the Salish Lodge post or Lynch's tweet or just came out of nowhere? Interesting if that's the case.