Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Can everyone maybe stop speculating on Lynch's health please?

I thought he looked tired in the video too, but the fact is no one knows when it comes to these things. His father lived into his 90's. The most I will say is, no one is getting any younger, so if they're going to do more TP, they should do it soon based on everyone's age and the fact that we've already lost cast members before and after The Return. But it makes me super uncomfortable to see people openly speculating on his health on this forum. It's really no one's business and it reminds me of George R. R. Martin's fans. Why don't we just keep our speculations on whether there will be more TP without getting into personal stuff involving his or anyone's health?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jonah wrote:Can everyone maybe stop speculating on Lynch's health please?

I thought he looked tired in the video too, but the fact is no one knows when it comes to these things. His father lived into his 90's. The most I will say is, no one is getting any younger, so if they're going to do more TP, they should do it soon based on everyone's age and the fact that we've already lost cast members before and after The Return. But it makes me super uncomfortable to see people openly speculating on his health on this forum. It's really no one's business and it reminds me of George R. R. Martin's fans. Why don't we just keep our speculations on whether there will be more TP without getting into personal stuff involving his or anyone's health?
Without the need for an endless debate, I take these remarks about Lynch's health to simply mean that his fans - or at least the ones on this forum, cares for him and his well being, rather than some gossip hungry horde. I don't have a problem with that.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Jasper wrote:I remember reading a long time ago some old saying women had in Italy, which was something like as you age, you make the choice between your face and your butt. It meant that you can have a face that looks younger, but your butt will be big, or you can have a more svelte figure, but your face will look older.
So what you're saying is, Lynch has chosen the butt?
I'll see you in the trees
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Moviehole picked up on the recent filming at Twedes Cafe, though as we know it turned out to likely only be for the WA lottery (assuming the crew were telling the truth). Otherwise, nothing else in the media right now.

https://moviehole.net/something-is-film ... -location/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Rainwater wrote:
Jasper wrote:I remember reading a long time ago some old saying women had in Italy, which was something like as you age, you make the choice between your face and your butt. It meant that you can have a face that looks younger, but your butt will be big, or you can have a more svelte figure, but your face will look older.
Based upon his reported eating habits it would appear so.

Personally, I'd recommend eating more fish instead of just chicken. Catch the big fish...and eat it. :lol:
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I remember Lynch looking healthy in the picture with Joe Lynch recently. Maybe he recently lost weight
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

According to Sheryl Lee at the FWWM screening I attending Tuesday, she has heard nothing from anyone who would be involved to indicate anything new is coming. A very direct “no” from someone who would’ve certainly been involved. Thought I should tell you.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

raltenbach wrote:According to Sheryl Lee at the FWWM screening I attending Tuesday, she has heard nothing from anyone who would be involved to indicate anything new is coming. A very direct “no” from someone who would’ve certainly been involved. Thought I should tell you.
Well, she WOULD say that wouldn't she.

:D

I've stopped waiting for an announcement now to be honest.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The post I saw on twitter just said she hadn't heard anything. Which is no different than Season 3, in which she and most of the cast played phone tag on the day of the official announcement because they were blindsided by the news and not in the loop. I'm not sure anyone but Kyle, Catherine and Laura Dern had any advance notice.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah, exactly. Just that she hadn't heard anything. So I don't take that as a no. I believe that she just hasn't heard anything.

I think she did also mention there had been rumours as well.

Anyway, let's say she HAD heard something. It's not like she could say anything if there's no official announcement. And she couldn't say "I can't talk about it" because that would be too indicative. So even if there is something brewing, I'd expect her to say exactly what she said.

But I believe she probably hasn't heard anything.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

baxter wrote:I just watched the video based on the above descriptions, expecting to see a haggard man close to death.

He looks fine! He was clearly nervous, but in his book he goes into great detail about his intense fear of public speaking.
Compared with the following video (on Tuesday, from an hour long Q/A with Ringo and Henry Diltz) it seems pretty clear he was indeed nervous at the Oscar awards, and it made him look more fragile than he actually was/is. Looks almost perfectly fine here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... CGxKVzA-F0
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1190097268264693761

This is clearly Mark Frost telling us there either definitively will be more Twin Peaks or there definitely won't be. I can't decide which. Looking forward to everyone's theories! :twisted:
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ok... wow. I've seen people grasping at straws for ambiguous tweets but that one takes the cake.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

Rainwater wrote:
Lynch is thicc
thicclynch.jpg
thicclynch.jpg (119.62 KiB) Viewed 9251 times
Last edited by ^◊^ on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Soolsma wrote:Ok... wow. I've seen people grasping at straws for ambiguous tweets but that one takes the cake.