Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jacob »

Metamorphia wrote:
mickeyfickey wrote:After seeing how frail and old Lynch looked accepting his Oscar, my expectations for more peaks dropped considerably. He's aged a tremendous amount in the past few years.
Too hard to make any kind of judgement about his condition based on a 60 second one angle appearance, but I must admit I was shocked by how old he came across (not just in appearance but in speech too). Although he did seem very nervous. I suppose Lynch doesn't get out much anymore if his press bits are anything to go by.
It's been almost a year now. Honestly I thought it was kind of a "tacit mutual agreement" to not speak about it on this forum.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jacob wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:
mickeyfickey wrote:After seeing how frail and old Lynch looked accepting his Oscar, my expectations for more peaks dropped considerably. He's aged a tremendous amount in the past few years.
Too hard to make any kind of judgement about his condition based on a 60 second one angle appearance, but I must admit I was shocked by how old he came across (not just in appearance but in speech too). Although he did seem very nervous. I suppose Lynch doesn't get out much anymore if his press bits are anything to go by.
It's been almost a year now. Honestly I thought it was kind of a "tacit mutual agreement" to not speak about it on this forum.
What's that mean? Not speak about what?
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

LateReg wrote:
Jacob wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:
You don't lose that much weight at this age because you're going on a diet. And since late 2018 (see his masterclass), it's kinda obvious.

I hope I'm wrong though.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jacob wrote:
LateReg wrote:
Jacob wrote:
You don't lose that much weight at this age because you're going on a diet. And since late 2018 (see his masterclass), it's kinda obvious.

I hope I'm wrong though.
My grandfather got pretty gaunt just through natural aging. I don’t find David’s appearance that alarming. He looks perfectly healthy for his age to me. Watching the clips from the Governor’s Awards, I think his pausing/wavering speech and brevity were due to him being a little emotionally overwhelmed. You can see during Kyle and Laura’s speech that he’s pretty moved.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I just watched the video based on the above descriptions, expecting to see a haggard man close to death.

He looks fine! He was clearly nervous, but in his book he goes into great detail about his intense fear of public speaking.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
thedougpa wrote:For the record, I personally hope this whole thing ends up being that Showtime is greenlighting a Lynch-directed RONNIE ROCKET 2020..
We’re probably among the few who would be equally excited by that. :mrgreen:
RONNIE ROCKET 10 episode limited series would be a dream come true.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Wow, I was expecting some graven visage. He looks and sounds fine to me. Just nervous.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

Yeah he looks fine, certainly not significantly more aged than he was as Cole in S3, where he clearly looked far too old to be doing FBI field work (not that I'm nitpicking).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

According to someone on reddit:

"Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise haven't heard anything official on season 4. Was at a q&a with them at Milwaukee tonight. Someone asked. Sheryl Lee said she hadn't heard anything official, just that there was a rumor of a rumor. Ray Wise just recalled what David Lynch told him before season 3, that the town was still there."
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

If Ray Wise was sipping a cup of joe as he was saying it, I think we might have something there...
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

After years and years of saying no, there's finally talk of "something happening" with FRIENDS (probably not a reboot, maybe a movie - we'll see), so if FRIENDS comes back, TWIN PEAKS could definitely come back again. Remember how unlikely The Return seemed before it happened? Season 4 doesn't seem as unlikely to me. I just think they should probably get a move on if they're going to do it. No one's getting any younger and, sadly, a lot of the cast have already passed on.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Weird. For the third time in a month I dreamt David Lynch came to my house. Forgot to ask him about season 4 every time. He looked healthy though.

Re> Oscars > Note Tarantino very happily clapping for Lynch! Ha!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jacob wrote:
LateReg wrote:

I hope I'm wrong though.
My grandfather got pretty gaunt just through natural aging. I don’t find David’s appearance that alarming. He looks perfectly healthy for his age to me. Watching the clips from the Governor’s Awards, I think his pausing/wavering speech and brevity were due to him being a little emotionally overwhelmed. You can see during Kyle and Laura’s speech that he’s pretty moved.
This picture doesn't look so great: https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/hLlDv ... 3657e4e78d

I still feel Lynch has the Harry Dean Stanton genes, though. I.e. he'll probably get visibly gaunt and old before too long but he'll live (and work, if he chooses to) on into his 90s.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I remember reading a long time ago some old saying women had in Italy, which was something like as you age, you make the choice between your face and your butt. It meant that you can have a face that looks younger, but your butt will be big, or you can have a more svelte figure, but your face will look older.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

He looked kinda exhausted when he wrapped post-production on Season 3. But now he's almost 74. For a guy at his age with so much smoking, I think he looks perfectly normal.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.