Deleted Scenes

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Deleted Scenes

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Cappy wrote:Wasn't there something filmed with the Giant/Fireman in the Red Room for Season 3? In some of the behind the scenes clips it looks like they are doing a scene with him. Someone suggested that Lynch had filmed Carel Struycken delivering the lines spoken by the Arm, I guess as a back-up in case the Arm didn't look good in post-production.
I don’t remember off-hand what he was saying, but it wasn’t one of the Arm’s lines. It was something that didn’t appear on the show. It might have just been a word or two.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Cappy wrote:Wasn't there something filmed with the Giant/Fireman in the Red Room for Season 3? In some of the behind the scenes clips it looks like they are doing a scene with him. Someone suggested that Lynch had filmed Carel Struycken delivering the lines spoken by the Arm, I guess as a back-up in case the Arm didn't look good in post-production.
I don’t remember off-hand what he was saying, but it wasn’t one of the Arm’s lines. It was something that didn’t appear on the show. It might have just been a word or two.
For some reason I'm under the impression that it was going to be the same conversation he had with Coop in black and white at the beginning, but they might have also shot it in the Red Room. No idea if there's any evidence to back this up, but that's what's in my mind for some reason.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What's this talk of a forthcoming new deleted scene from Season 1 to be released? Is it going to be on the new Z-A boxset? Does anyone know what the scene is?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote:What's this talk of a forthcoming new deleted scene from Season 1 to be released? Is it going to be on the new Z-A boxset? Does anyone know what the scene is?
Haven’t heard anything about this. Source?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think I saw something online about it, possibly even on Jerry's twitter (but don't hold me to that - I'll have to check). It might also have been on reddit, but I'm pretty sure it was on TPA on twitter. (I'll check. Hard to keep track sometimes with so much info on so many things flying around everywhere!)

Edit - Yep. Here. https://twitter.com/TwinPeaksArchve/sta ... 9912666113
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry/TPA has in the past released a few random outtakes/alternate takes/flubs from the original series that he came into possession of who-knows-how, so it might be something he’s planning on posting. That’s exciting!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ah ok. I thought it might be on that boxset due to the December date (even though the boxset seems to now have been pushed back to January).
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote:Ah ok. I thought it might be on that boxset due to the December date (even though the boxset seems to now have been pushed back to January).
The BBFC is usually a good source for seeing what content is on a home release, as they approve all content and list it on their website. Jerry posted the link to the BBFC page for ‘Z to A’ on that thread, and it doesn’t look like there’s any new deleted scenes.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Yeah, you definitely see clips of him in the Red Room. And I think him messing around/experimenting with Dern's Red Room sequence. Who knows if any of it adds up to full-blown scenes, or just shots and small ideas.

No idea regarding the latter point, if they had him filling in for the Arm.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

A few deleted bits from existing season 3 scenes! Very cool to see. I can't make heads or tails of the Fireman's deleted dialogue!

https://twitter.com/thatsourwaldo/statu ... 5068249088

https://twitter.com/thatsourwaldo/statu ... 3616817155
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Deleted scene from episode 2 directed by David Lynch. You may have noticed that the scene between Norma and Ed in the RR ends rather abruptly as it cuts to the blackboard scene behind the Sheriff Station. What was filmed continues on as Norma notices that Shelly is an hour late and calls her (The call is in the script but takes place in the kitchen). Norma then notices there is milk on the floor. Ed notices it is a "loose drain spout", Norma calls Ed her hero in a very touching scene.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.08.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.08.38 PM.png (842.08 KiB) Viewed 15593 times
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.10.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.10.53 PM.png (879.93 KiB) Viewed 15593 times
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.13.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.13.23 PM.png (784.38 KiB) Viewed 15593 times
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.15.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 1.15.13 PM.png (789.68 KiB) Viewed 15593 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 12.27.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 12.27.32 PM.png (18.1 KiB) Viewed 15589 times
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Deleted scene from episode 2 directed by David Lynch. You may have noticed that the scene between Norma and Ed in the RR ends rather abruptly as it cuts to the blackboard scene behind the Sheriff Station. What was filmed continues on as Norma notices that Shelly is an hour late and calls her (The call is in the script but takes place in the kitchen). Norma then notices there is milk on the floor. Ed notices it is a "loose drain spout", Norma calls Ed her hero in a very touching scene.
Thanks for posting, Jerry! Are they kissing at the end? I think that's their only on-screen kiss until they get together more formally in season 2, right?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes, they kiss right after Norma calls Ed her hero. First kiss I think.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I haven't been on here in a while, due to health issues. Just wanted to say thank so much for the links, pictures, etc in this thread. I'd say more than half of these are brand new to me! :P