Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Jasper wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/1187550666975145985
Come on now, this is too much!! I think Horror Museum have been told to bury the rumour and everyone is just playing along with it. Mark Wants everyone to think the original tweet was about the exhibit.
The original tweet said its something to do with the future of Twin Peaks and the exhibit in no way affects it and it also mentioned that it would be something in 2020.
It is strange that Frost would so casually interact with an account that he must know has been spreading rumors, be they true or false. You'd think that if the rumors were false Frost would see HHM as complete clowns and ignore them, and if the rumors were true he'd see them as infuriating loudmouths.

Whatever the case, Mark Frost doesn't seem to mind the hype.
I'm usually the one keeping up with all these posts, but I had to go away for a couple of days without internet, so I'm just back now and catching up on this stuff. I do agree this is VERY strange. That and all his other tweets of late (which I've chronicled earlier in this thread).

Not sure what to make of the Great British Bake Off post either. I thought that was a bit odd too, though not necessarily indicative of anything.

Did I miss anything else or was that everything in the last few days?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Please forgive my small rant:

O&A is a joke, it's fake sources keep changing their fake minds. (I think his sources are reading this thread)

I have to admit Mark Frost being cordial with HHM makes my ears perk up a bit.

And I'm still of the mind we hear nothing till 2020 if there is even anything. Season 4 or a movie of new material. If its not one of those I'm going to be disappointed. VR doesn't cut it, and a re-cut Season 3 or 3B, is only interesting if its a whole new story imo. I've been thinking/hoping it will just be an announcement to shoot a new season/movie, I never thought maybe the footage is already in the can and I still don't but I guess it could be possible.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

N. Needleman wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:I don't think HHM is a quote-worthy source at this point. Not anymore, anyhow. Maybe when they explain the Vincent Price bullshit.
Like Obnoxious & Anonymous, who outright made shit up for clicks during production?

Since you asked: When Amanda Seyfried and others were cast, they claimed the network was forcing Lynch to showcase "millennials" and not use the veteran cast. This wasn't their only bit of nonsense. They have always trafficked in stunt headlines and outrageous behavior to get attention, and before that used to do these screeds decrying how they hated "hipster millennials" watching TP. They'd lift stuff from our spoiler threads, call it 'an exclusive' and then attack this site for respecting the spoiler lockdown later on. Given the reams of mess they pulled last time for views, I wouldn't trust O&A to tell me the weather.
I have no desire to pick beef with you over this, Needleman, but, just to be fair, I have to say that 90 % of the things regarding O&A's behaviour of which you speak in harsh and hostile tone I took/take as an innocent joke and nothing more - just people larking about a bit. I mean, the stuff with "forbidding hipsters to be a part of the TP phenomenon"??? C'mon, man, which intelligent person should ever take such statements seriously? Other things from their "headlines" that they retrospectivelly got wrong are/were merely innocent speculations and fan theories - I dare any reader of this forum who's a TP fan to proclaim his innocence of such behaviour. Since when is it a crime to indulge in fan fantasies and some rampant speculations from time to time? Other than that, they (or he, as I gather there's really just one regular guy doing O&A show for a number of years now, the less "controversial", shall we say, half of the former duo) clearly know their TP lore and analyze it - or obsesses over it, if you will - in a fun, clever and welcoming manner, even if there's admittedly no "exclusive news" included more often than not.

But to get back on topic, and for the record: so you steadfastly believe this HHM thing that something of importance (ie. not just an Nth variation of basically the same boxset contents or a VR game) is cooking at the TP creators' drawing board as we type? And if so, are you basing your belief on anything other than that one cryptic tweet from them and a plethora of tweets the social media-savvy TP cast and crew have been known to churn out regularly during the 2014-onward TP resurgence and are really just some self-promotion (I'm not knocking them for doing so)?
Last edited by Agent Earle on Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

TwinsPeak wrote:Please forgive my small rant:

O&A is a joke, it's fake sources keep changing their fake minds. (I think his sources are reading this thread)
Care to name any names? Otherwise it's just slander.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Agent Earle wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:Please forgive my small rant:

Care to name any names? Otherwise it's just slander.

Just 2 weeks ago he was saying season 4 and 5 and a movie now the sources say different. He's unreliable and lying for clicks. You can continue to be a fan but I think the guy is full of it.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Agent Earle wrote:I have no desire to pick beef with you over this, Needleman, but, just to be fair, I have to say that 90 % of the things regarding O&A's behaviour of which you speak in harsh and hostile tone I took/take as an innocent joke and nothing more
It was a joke the first few times they talked about it. Then they began obsessively whining about it, and finally inventing rumors around the premise. Which they never admitted were untrue. Just like they never will about their latest big exclusives.
Other things from their "headlines" that they retrospectivelly got wrong are/were merely innocent speculations and fan theories
They regularly presented outlandish clickbait as breaking news and contributed to misinforming a lot of fans. When they were called on this stuff they invariably turned nasty and demanded to be taken seriously, while simultaneously claiming it was all "just a joke". Then they appropriated material from Dugpa, passed it (or even just fan theories they found here) off as "inside scoop" and finally attacked this forum when it stopped giving them spoilers to mishandle. That's not "all in good fun". It's fine if you like them. But their record is clear and not just here. Their fan film seemed to have imploded too, with its actors getting in some sort of public spat with them. Maybe it got completed, I don't know; I don't pay much attn to them.
for the record: so you steadfastly believe this HHM thing that something of importance (ie. not just an Nth variation of basically the same boxset contents or a VR game) is cooking at the TP creators' drawing board as we type? And if so, are you basing your belief on anything other than that one cryptic tweet from them and a plethora of tweets the social media-savvy TP cast and crew have been known to churn out regularly during the 2014-onward TP resurgence and are really just some self-promotion (I'm not knocking them for doing so)?
First: Yes, and as I said before when asked, not entirely for reasons I am going to discuss. But as to the ones I will discuss: You may believe all this social media chatter is "really just self-promotion." I don't, as it simply doesn't fit the profile of every single member of the production in question. Especially Frost's reaction. If there was nothing to this you would've seen Sutherland and Frost react by the time it made major outlets. They haven't. It also makes no sense for HHM - an outfit with a rep to uphold, unlike O&A - to troll major news outlets and jeopardize itself. You can believe what makes you happiest. I know what I believe.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Just heard something interesting. Let’s stick a pin right here and see what happens. Could be nothing.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote:Just heard something interesting. Let’s stick a pin right here and see what happens. Could be nothing.
:shock:
Jerry, you're such a tease! :P
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Probably nothing.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Saw this on reddit.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (156.22 KiB) Viewed 12445 times
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jerry Horne wrote:Just heard something interesting. Let’s stick a pin right here and see what happens. Could be nothing.
Don't do this to me right before I turn in for the night Jerry....
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Has this tweet been taken down?ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Fake, apparently.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

took 25 years to have a season 3 and all this nonesense
i'v e always been around here lurking
loved Season 3, fuckun OUt There, they did'nt need to give 'us' what we wanted
season 4? why not
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ok so, according to posts on Twitter, reddit, and Facebook, a film crew (a very small crew) was spotted at Twedes Cafe in Snoqualmie? And now people are saying it's "fake news" so someone saw something there, but maybe not a film crew? Or not a TP film crew but another film crew? Or not a crew at all? Could just be filming a local TV spot. People on Twitter now calling this "fake news", though - why? So confused. Can someone expand on this please?

Also, did they keep the blue RR2Go on the building? I thought it had been painted back over. Pretty cool if they decided to keep it, regardless of the rumours.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (317.43 KiB) Viewed 13228 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (436.86 KiB) Viewed 13228 times
Last edited by Jonah on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.