Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by jakemartinez »

eyeboogers wrote:Kimmy didn't know anything before season 3, why would she be in the loop before season 4? I don't see this as being much of a debunk
Exactly. Not trying to be rude to her but I don't think she's the first person to find out if Lynch and Frost are working on this, lmao. Some people are acting like she's one of the producers.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Soolsma wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Remember that L/F were denying there would ever be new TP even while writing it the last time.
No, not at all. Besides Mark Frost debunking the actually untrue rumours about TP being about the reporter and bad coop being in jail for killing TP residents, no. Actually, his statement:
Dear Internet: You are very good at spreading rumors. Truth is more valuable and much harder to come by.

Slightly implies that there was in fact another truth (TP being written).

The only thing I remember is Lynch saying:
"Well, Ray, you know, the town is still there. And I suppose it's possible that we could revisit it. Of course, you're already dead, but we could maybe work around that.

Which is actually very positive!

I've asked about this before but so far without response. Honestly, as far as I know, there has been no denial coming from L&F in the pre-TPTR announcement era (that would be 2010-2014?) The ''dead as a doornail'' remark was a decade earlier!
Hmm. Perhaps not specifically TP-related, but I certainly remember interviews circa 2011-2013 where Lynch was asked if he was working on any film projects and he said no, and that he was waiting for the right idea to inspire him, which obviously was misdirection. Both he and Frost have also said that they didn’t tell anyone about TP during the first year of the writing process.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

krishnanspace wrote:That’s because The Television Collection only contains the Tv series. The Z to A includes Fire Walk With Me
The point is the removal of the word 'complete'.

As in, the television collection is NOT complete.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No worries. I hear we're getting two seasons, a feature film and a box of chocolates.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

OK. Even the admin is being sarcastic.

Emergency breaks on the hype train everyone. :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Confirmation bias works on both sides. I've seen people here interpret the most innocuous and meaningless tweets to mean Season 4 is both definitely happening and definitely not happening. The only ones I take note of are Michael Horse, Al Strobel and Kyle.

As for Kimmy, most of the actors were the last to know on Season 3. IIRC they were literally calling each other begging for news on the day it broke to the press. As of now we still know nothing.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

sneakydave wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:That’s because The Television Collection only contains the Tv series. The Z to A includes Fire Walk With Me
The point is the removal of the word 'complete'.

As in, the television collection is NOT complete.
Correct. The TV Collection, whether it states complete or not, still only contains the TV stuff. That's the point of the box. The removal of the word complete signifies that the TV portion is not yet actually complete.

Of course this is just grasping at straws, but I actually do find this piece of evidence fun to latch on to.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

N. Needleman wrote:Confirmation bias works on both sides. I've seen people here interpret the most innocuous and meaningless tweets to mean Season 4 is both definitely happening and definitely not happening. The only ones I take note of are Michael Horse, Al Strobel and Kyle.

As for Kimmy, most of the actors were the last to know on Season 3. IIRC they were literally calling each other begging for news on the day it broke to the press. As of now we still know nothing.
Last to whom then, I wonder. From the people who should know early on (earlier than the actors), I can only imagine a couple of executives.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

Jerry Horne wrote:No worries. I hear we're getting two seasons, a feature film and a box of chocolates.
At least, it boosted views on a couple of youtube-videos....:-)
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

ah well, it was fun to get a little bit of that buzz again, anyway. Shame they didn't quash it a bit sooner, but hey.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Pinky wrote:ah well, it was fun to get a little bit of that buzz again, anyway. Shame they didn't quash it a bit sooner, but hey.
They haven't.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Yeah, really. Nothing has changed today. It's still both not happening and could be happening.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Went from a "no" to a "no comment"?
Attachments
qRrho6M.png
qRrho6M.png (138.42 KiB) Viewed 7533 times
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

N. Needleman wrote:
Yeah, we know nothing. As we knew nothing since S3 went off the air. The point is, completely nothing has changed all this time, except that a bunch of bozos who claimed to be "in the know" had had their little fart on social media, and had enjoyed their measly seconds in the semi-public limelight. Woe unto poor fools who believed them - and I mean no disrespect, I was one of them for a few moments. Vincent Price & David Lynch my ass.
Last edited by Agent Earle on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

LateReg wrote:Yeah, really. Nothing has changed today. It's still both not happening and could be happening.
Schrodinger's Peaks
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*