Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Every morning I grind coffee beans, drop the grounds into a French press, add hot water, then while the coffee is brewing, pour a little cream in a mug before bringing everything to the desk and getting down to business.

Today, for the first time ever, I forgot to pour cream in the mug. I think it means something.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Why does everyone seem to think there will be an announcement soon? My impression was that for whatever it is, it wouldn't be made public until 2020.
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

I mean, for the sake of the mental health of Peaks fans, it would be nice if they announced something soon.
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:I mean, for the sake of the mental health of Peaks fans, it would be nice if they announced something soon.
Most Peaks fans have mental health issues anyway.... :D
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:Every morning I grind coffee beans, drop the grounds into a French press, add hot water, then while the coffee is brewing, pour a little cream in a mug before bringing everything to the desk and getting down to business.

Today, for the first time ever, I forgot to pour cream in the mug. I think it means something.
You put cream in your coffee? Blasphemy :D
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

I’m sure they’ll drag this out like they did with the Dougie scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Another mainstream source, but nothing new: https://screenrant.com/twin-peaks-seaso ... explained/

Mark Frost retweeted HHM (who's TP S4 tweet sort of started this whole rumor thing). The tweet is about his book, so I know he'd probably retweet them anyway, but I still read this as tonuge-in-cheek that he knows about the rumors. Other people may think I'm reading too much into it. That's fine.
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Yeah, after he tweets something from a website that was the first to publish a popular S4 rumor article(I think? one of the first anyway), and then retweets the account that started the whole thing, it's not unreasonable to think he's doing that on purpose.
I'll see you in the trees
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

chalfont wrote:
ManBehindWinkies wrote:I mean, for the sake of the mental health of Peaks fans, it would be nice if they announced something soon.
Most Peaks fans have mental health issues anyway.... :D
I say this with love and as much compassion as I can muster.... having hung out with so many of them for over a decade in person, I’m finding many are.... oh, what’s the scientific or medical term.... oh, yes - batshit crazy.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Is this bollocks?
Attachments
bbb.jpg
bbb.jpg (275.42 KiB) Viewed 8675 times
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

bob_wooler wrote:Is this bollocks?
Nope, this one is actually completely true and I had forgotten this! Thanks for bringing this up. Here is the original artwork which was altered in a few ways but notably to remove the word "complete." Many surmised this was done to not upset fans when they realized it didn't include FWWM or The Missing Pieces but you could certainly make an argument it may have to do with these rumors...

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Hm. Could be the FWWM thing. Still, it clearly said "Television" though.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

It's probably a good rule of thumb not to name anything Complete until we know that it is.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

The removal of the word 'complete' from that set is another wee breadcrumb for us to follow. There was a bit of confusion when that original image was released as sites which had listed it soon took down the links and the pages could not be found anymore.

Given the recent rumours, I think it was geared up to be released as 'complete' until word came from up high that maybe the final word hadn't been spoken.

Wishful thinking I know.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Not bollocks, just old news.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM