Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Nothing new here at all, but it seems to be getting more mainstream media coverage.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/10/david ... 202178287/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mojo1976
Roadhouse Member

Post by mojo1976 »

Didn’t Kimmy Robertson hint at possibly more at some Comic Con shortly after season 3 ended? I seem to remember she started telling a story then stopping abruptly and saying maybe we’ll find out in July (2018). Maybe she knew something then, but they wanted to wait longer?

EDIT:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... jub64IT-1Q

At the 11:50 mark
Last edited by mojo1976 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

mojo1976 wrote:Didn’t Kimmy Robertson hint at possibly more at some Comic Con shortly after season 3 ended? I seem to remember she started telling a story then stopping abruptly and saying maybe we’ll find out in July (2018).
Yep, there was something like that. Also, someone on reddit mentioned Amy Shiels messing up at Comic Con, and then Sabrina Sutherland stepped in to deny it. Apparently, she tweeted out that there would be some big announcement, so everyone thought more TP, but it turned out she'd just been cast in a Netflix movie by Dwayne Dunham. Not sure if these were the same Comic Cons or different ones?
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

This is interesting...
IMG_3202.JPG
IMG_3202.JPG (53.24 KiB) Viewed 7672 times
IMG_3204.JPG
IMG_3204.JPG (35.68 KiB) Viewed 7672 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

LateReg wrote:
mtwentz wrote:So to summarize, all we have is

1) a tease by a somewhat reputable Twitter account that something big in regards to Twin Peaks is coming in 2020.

2) No one in the TP world has stepped up to quash the rumor.

Everything else, including Michael Horse's post, may mean nothing at all.
That said, what I think is the best giveaway that something is coming is the reminder of the NDAs they signed. I'm not up on that side of the business, but isn't 10 years pretty extreme? What would be the purpose of such an extended NDA if not to protect against the possibility of leaking information about a future season, which is at least proof that Lynch/Frost were always considering the possibility?
The lengthy NDA probably might they were always considering the possibility of future series and/or movies, but unfortunately, that doesn't tell us whether something is actually happening or not.

And there might be other reasons for a lengthy NDA- maybe to protect future DVD releases and Box Sets of The Return.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Posted on reddit:

https://twitter.com/lovegwendoline/stat ... 62370?s=19

I'm not entirely sure who she is (an actress, I assume) or if this means anything. Probably just reacting to the rumors.
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (286.06 KiB) Viewed 7642 times
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

mtwentz wrote: The lengthy NDA probably might they were always considering the possibility of future series and/or movies, but unfortunately, that doesn't tell us whether something is actually happening or not.
I think it does actually, considering all the rest of Lynch's and Showtime's comments after The Return concluded, as well as a few other tidbits here and there. But then again, I'm an optimist. :D
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote:Posted on reddit:

I'm not entirely sure who she is (an actress, I assume) or if this means anything. Probably just reacting to the rumors.
She's a major actress at this point. Game of Thrones being her main role. She was just nominated for it. I believe I have read about her love for Twin Peaks before, but this certainly refers to the rumors, even as it doesn't prove anything.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Jonah wrote:Posted on reddit:

That's Brienne-of-fucking-Tarth!

Seems like she's just a fan though and wants more (or to be in it, or both).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

She does look familiar to me. Is she British? I've never seen Game of Thrones! Could she be connected to a new season? She'd hardly tweet like this if she was, would she?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:She does look familiar to me. Is she British? I've never seen Game of Thrones! Could she be connected to a new season? She'd hardly tweet like this if she was, would she?
Captain Phasma in Star Wars also.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JohnGSmoke wrote:This is interesting...
IMG_3202.JPGIMG_3204.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

LateReg wrote:
mtwentz wrote: The lengthy NDA probably might they were always considering the possibility of future series and/or movies, but unfortunately, that doesn't tell us whether something is actually happening or not.
I think it does actually, considering all the rest of Lynch's and Showtime's comments after The Return concluded, as well as a few other tidbits here and there. But then again, I'm an optimist. :D
You are probably right, but I am just trying to play devil's advocate: if you can get someone to commit to a 10 year NDA rather than a 5 year NDA, I would think you'd rather have the 10 year, since it would cover a lot more contingencies. What if, for example, the release of the series were delayed a few years. 10 years gives you more wiggle room.

Disclaimer: I am not in show business, so I don't know the industry enough to know how unusual a 10 year NDA might be.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jonah wrote:She does look familiar to me. Is she British? I've never seen Game of Thrones! Could she be connected to a new season? She'd hardly tweet like this if she was, would she?
Loads of people, people in the industry and people not in the industry, have requested more Twin Peaks in similar fashion. There was also a lot of celebration from various public and private figures alike when TP S3 was announced.

It doesn't mean anything. (If she was ever going to be in TP, it would have been as the Fireman's consort in S3, because she's quite tall. 6.3")
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

ringbearer wrote:Is it possible that IF this is indeed more Twin Peaks, It'll be part of the new Apple streaming service?
Nope.