Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

garethw
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by garethw »

Rudagger wrote:
Even then though, anyone on the Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul subreddits knew it was happening because set photos were out there. They did do a fairly decent job of keeping it bottled down enough that the mainstream didn't know too much about it though.
Trying to maintain perspective and not have my hopes built up and knocked down, but this passage made me hope there will in the future be a new [SPOILERS] thread that I'll dutifully ignore like last time...
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Mark Frost re-tweeted something strange about New Mexico:
mfrst.png
mfrst.png (109.96 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
Episode 8 was the first thing that came to mind, but driving a set speed along a desert road to achieve some... result just made me think of Cooper and Diane driving from day into night in episode 18.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Cappy wrote:Mark Frost re-tweeted something strange about New Mexico:

Episode 8 was the first thing that came to mind, but driving a set speed along a desert road to achieve some... result just made me think of Cooper and Diane driving from day into night in episode 18.
I think it could just be a jab at the one they have in California. They did a musical road there, but messed up when making it so it's like out of tune, lol.

Not sure what there's to be mined from Mark Frost's twitter though, he'll be super tight lipped (beyond general Twin Peaks references once in a while that don't necessarily mean anything), other than political news (which, hey, it is a damn interesting time) and just hoping he doesn't deny the rumours.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

garethw wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
Even then though, anyone on the Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul subreddits knew it was happening because set photos were out there. They did do a fairly decent job of keeping it bottled down enough that the mainstream didn't know too much about it though.
Trying to maintain perspective and not have my hopes built up and knocked down, but this passage made me hope there will in the future be a new [SPOILERS] thread that I'll dutifully ignore like last time...
I didn't ignore it, and I never regretted it, because of how much I enjoyed that time, but I wouldn't do it the same way again. If it is happening again, I'm staying away from spoilers. Knowing next to nothing at all about what you're going to watch is the best way, as Lynch himself knows.

But I have to say, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, I'll be really fucking disappointed if this leads to nothing, and angry, at the Horror Museum people in particular. "Nothing" being anything less than a Lynch production.
I'll see you in the trees
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 7.07.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 7.07.32 AM.png (138.18 KiB) Viewed 9485 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Doesn't he look like 45 y.o. or something in that photo? Still interesting.
Last edited by bob_wooler on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Hey, if everyone's expressing his wishes, I'll chip in: give me Windom Earle in some - ANY - capacity and I'll be one happy camper :D
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

So much for the "Michael Horse must just have felt like posting about Twin Peaks at this exact moment in the most cryptic way possible" theory.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hopefully something substantial comes up from all that. As much as I felt satisfied from the ending, I really crave for more of the world where Cooper and Carrie ended up.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Not sure what to add in terms of theories, but top of my wishlist would be a FWWM type film centred around Carrie Page. Something set around the town rather than in it, that fits some of the puzzle pieces together.

I'm loving the hype from a distance, but as per usual I'm going to not get invested in anything until I see something a little more substantial or concrete. Although I feel like the only person that considers themselves a TP obsessive, who doesn't actually want another series!
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Panapaok wrote:Hopefully something substantial comes up from all that. As much as I felt satisfied from the ending, I really crave for more of the world where Cooper and Carrie ended up.
I don't. Characters having different names, more tired "identity" crap shoehorned in - no thank you. It's been done by Lynch so many times and was stuffed into that hour. It's not necessary to explore that world.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So do we think the announcement will come later today?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

FWIW, Sunday, October 6th, is the 5-year anniversary of the official announcement of S3.
Thursday would be the anniversary of the Frost-Lynch tweets.

But, dates and anniversaries have never meant that much for TP, have they
Last edited by Rainwater on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll see you in the trees
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

N. Needleman wrote:So much for the "Michael Horse must just have felt like posting about Twin Peaks at this exact moment in the most cryptic way possible" theory.
I don't know that anyone said this. However, is it not possible that a fan account posted the image, tagged Michael in it, and he re-posted it bc he just liked it?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

BGate wrote:However, is it not possible that a fan account posted the image, tagged Michael in it, and he re-posted it bc he just liked it?
....What? Why would you even jump to this?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.