Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by AXX°N N. »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've just been tipped off the the Salish Lodge Dining Room was closed for two days 9/18-9/20. 9/18 was when the King County Tweet went out by Lynch. 9/20 was when the Salish lodge posted about feeling the Twin Peaks vibes.
This has my paranoiac's brain in a tizzy.

However, for the sake of reducing everyone's expectations and setting the bar on the floor (thereby turning whatever this ends up being into good news) we should remember one thing:

That the Twin Peaks VR game that was announced at Lynch's own Festival of Disruption last October (this year's October being 1 day away) has since disappeared from the ether, despite plans for it to be released through multiple consoles, and yet it's still the cover photo for Lynch's official facebook account.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Heh, this reminds me of all the rumors of a possible Breaking Bad movie a few months ago, followed by the two series leads tweeting a series of photos that seemed like teases....which ended up just being a promotional lead-in to a mezcal they were putting out together. Fans were so outraged....until it was announced that the movie was in fact a thing after all!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

When I first heard these rumors, for some reason I assumed it would be a movie like 'El Camino'. Released in theaters for a weekend at the same time it premiered on Showtime...or Netflix.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Heh, this reminds me of all the rumors of a possible Breaking Bad movie a few months ago, followed by the two series leads tweeting a series of photos that seemed like teases....which ended up just being a promotional lead-in to a mezcal they were putting out together. Fans were so outraged....until it was announced that the movie was in fact a thing after all!
Right, anything that gets announced could just be part of a buildup campaign. The timing of the boxset is surely in that vein, and pehaps the game was delayed to more closely coincide with the same.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Yes, that's an excellent point.The box set could simply be part of a wider promotional campaign. That had never occurred to me before.

I am still trying to dampen expectations- it would be terribly disappointing if this is not a new series of film, and hugely irresponsible of the Horror Museum. They have been tweeting follow ups that insist that they wouldn't do this unless it was substantial, but they must realise that only a new series or film would be acceptable.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Twin Peaks: The Musical on Broadway.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Normally I check in here every day, but I've had guests for the last few days, and missed all of this, so I'm just reading it all now. I was very skeptical until I got to the Michael Horse post. Now I'm at least contemplating being open to the possibility of considering that maybe there could be a small sliver of a chance that Twin Peaks might perhaps be a continuing story.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:Normally I check in here every day, but I've had guests for the last few days, and missed all of this, so I'm just reading it all now. I was very skeptical until I got to the Michael Horse post. Now I'm at least contemplating being open to the possibility of considering that maybe there could be a small sliver of a chance that Twin Peaks might perhaps be a continuing story.
I was wondering where you were all these days. lol
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Hester Prynne wrote:The rumor’s been out for a few days now and has really taken off. No one’s denied anything, so maybe that’s a good sign?

Someone responding to the Hollywood Horror tweet either on Twitter or Reddit noted Very Interesting was capitalized and surmised that it was a code - V and I backwards is IV.

I think if they had been filming anything it would have leaked out earlier. Maybe it will just be an announcement of some sort and they’ve been scouting filming locations?
I was wondering about those caps. That theory totally makes sense. At least this must've been the HHM -tweets' intention.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I am now imagining a Twin Peaks ''inner circle" meeting to have taken place in the Salish Lodge.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

bob_wooler wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:The rumor’s been out for a few days now and has really taken off. No one’s denied anything, so maybe that’s a good sign?

Someone responding to the Hollywood Horror tweet either on Twitter or Reddit noted Very Interesting was capitalized and surmised that it was a code - V and I backwards is IV.

I think if they had been filming anything it would have leaked out earlier. Maybe it will just be an announcement of some sort and they’ve been scouting filming locations?
I was wondering about those caps. That theory totally makes sense. At least this must've been the HHM -tweets' intention.
I can't find it now but someone asked them this on twitter and they said it didn't mean anything.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

BGate wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:

I can't find it now but someone asked them this on twitter and they said it didn't mean anything.
Of course they said that. They probably unintentionally hit that CAP-button :lol: But if they had admitted it, then they would at the same time admit that a 4th season was the secret they couldn't tell.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

They did reply saying that they like to be Very Dramatic
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Heh, this reminds me of all the rumors of a possible Breaking Bad movie a few months ago, followed by the two series leads tweeting a series of photos that seemed like teases....which ended up just being a promotional lead-in to a mezcal they were putting out together. Fans were so outraged....until it was announced that the movie was in fact a thing after all!
Even then though, anyone on the Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul subreddits knew it was happening because set photos were out there. They did do a fairly decent job of keeping it bottled down enough that the mainstream didn't know too much about it though. So damn excited, and also curious how the show's style will transition into a traditional film structure. Then again, if the Deadwood movie could manage it, I'm sure Vince Gilligan can.

Other people were suggesting if this were to be a 'Between Two Worlds' type thing? Personally, I would be horrendously disappointed. I thought it was *okay* for a couple character nuggets, but, it really felt like a 'we threw this together in an afternoon because Lynch just felt like doing a little extra for the interview'. Similarly if it was just a neat 30th anniversary retrospective or something: I'm not sure I need to see many more interviews on the subject, and unless we get a 'Oral History' style tell-all about Season 3, I'm just not sure what's left to say that's actually worth getting excited for (namely, discarded plans, ideas Frost/Lynch pondered, roles for the actors who couldn't appear, etc.).

Season 3 Missing Pieces? Maybe. But, I'm also just highly skeptical there's much of anything of note, between the hectic shooting schedule and sheer length of the final product. It feels like there wouldn't be a ton of full-blown scenes. Similarly, I think part of the reason the Missing Pieces were so exciting when they got announced was because of them being missing for 20+ years, gave us a minor glimpse at a post-Season 2 finale world of story, as well as having the last footage of characters who we'd never see again since they were fully excised from FWWM. Whereas Season 3 has pretty much everyone represented in some capacity, and those who weren't were because they straight up never shot anything (Ontkean, MJA, Bowie). But, I'm also the type that doesn't really care about deleted scenes from television series in general (rather than films, where it seems gold often ends up on the cutting room floor just due to pacing issues, like with FWWM). If something was cut from The Return, it was probably really not needed footage, because there was definitely some leeway in the run times.

And I like VR, but, that Peaks VR thing is already very known, so, I hope someone wouldn't be trying to hype it up as if it's genuine news. Then again, there are plenty of tone deaf people out there.

I just hope we find out whatever direction things are going so. I'm loving feeling the hype right now, but, would prefer not to spend half a year excited for something that might not even have been a discussion or thought in Lynch's brain. How disappointing would that be.