Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by sneakydave »

Or maybe it has been mostly written and just requires shooting early next year? Doesn't have to be an 18 part extravaganza and they have all the infrastructure in place from shooting The Return. Just get the gang back together and off they go.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I would be shocked, let's put it that way.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Utter bullshit just piggybacking on the Horror Museum rumor, imo. The "premiering in 2020" thing is a dead giveaway, as that's clearly impossible (I don't care if it's a two hour special, Lynch ain't Clint Eastwood turning out a film in six months), but since their only "source" is a public tweet, they have to go along with the 2020 date.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

The Obi Wan and Ghostbusters stuff have indeed turned out to be true. Other than that, I have serious doubts about the integrity of that website.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

BGate wrote:Utter bullshit just piggybacking on the Horror Museum rumor, imo. The "premiering in 2020" thing is a dead giveaway, as that's clearly impossible (I don't care if it's a two hour special, Lynch ain't Clint Eastwood turning out a film in six months), but since their only "source" is a public tweet, they have to go along with the 2020 date.
Right. How can this article have the horror museum as a "source" when the latter has not said what information they might have? It's just total fabrication.

The horror museum folks are seriously serving no purpose. To say they have knowledge of something but don't want to say what it is so as not to get someone in trouble is ludicrous. Just the fact that you said anything is something. Their hint points to one of two things: a new season/movie or some special feature in the box set. It's not like it's an ocean of things it could be. So just say what you heard or don't say anything at all. It's like a newscaster saying "And now tonight's top stories" and then just staring at the camera for a half hour.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Soolsma wrote:The Obi Wan and Ghostbusters stuff have indeed turned out to be true. Other than that, I have serious doubts about the integrity of that website.

But why would their "source" on those two things know anything about Twin Peaks? If anybody other than those directly involved with TP knew there was something coming, it would've been reported by a legit outlet already. That's why I'm skeptical of even the Horror Museum rumor which seems at least somewhat legit.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Michael Horse on Instagram a few moments ago.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.46.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.46.33 PM.png (675.53 KiB) Viewed 7846 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

For the record, I personally hope this whole thing ends up being that Showtime is greenlighting a Lynch-directed RONNIE ROCKET 2020..
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Jerry Horne wrote:Michael Horse on Instagram a few moments ago.
Ok, now this gets me excited.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Unlikely Michael would be doing this without clearance from L/F. Last time the rollout was carefully coordinated.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

thedougpa wrote:For the record, I personally hope this whole thing ends up being that Showtime is greenlighting a Lynch-directed RONNIE ROCKET 2020..
We’re probably among the few who would be equally excited by that. :mrgreen:
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

This isn't part of a rollout though. I mean the point of the post, if it's what we're interpreting it as, is that everyone needs to shut up for the time being.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

We interpret it differently. IMO it's almost certainly Horse tweaking/teasing fans.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

To those criticizing the organization that leaked the news for not saying more, it's obvious that they can't say more, because they shouldn't have said anything in the first place, so you can't complain that they didn't specify what they knew. So I'd take the tantalizing tidbit over nothing any day.

I also assume the announcement would be made in February, on the day Cooper comes to town. Which would also be roughly two months after the box set is released.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

I think we're arguing semantics, I simply meant that we believe he's referencing the rumors. But the fact that it started with a rumor from some (basically) random person sort of tells you it's not part of some official "rollout". IOW, if Horror Museum had never tweeted or their source hadn't leaked them something, Horse's post wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't make any sense.

Anyway, the best part about all this is that legit outlets will hopefully start digging and if there is something going on it will be hard to keep it a secret for very long.
Last edited by BGate on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.