Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15 & 12/10

Post by TwinsPeak »

From Z to A.. that expression sounds a lot like the beginning of Twin Peaks is the actual ending...hmmmm
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15 & 12/10

Post by Mb3 »

It is happening again (I'll be spending more money on Twin Peaks related stuff than I originally expected, as always).
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:I can't be the only one intrigued by how this turned up with no warning.
That's how I like my Season 4 announcement. Also that's what she said . Lol
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Sounds very interesting. So we don't have complete specs but it seems we can maybe piece together what's on each?

Twin Peaks from Z to A:

Discs 1-10 - Same as "The Entire Mystery" with seasons 1, 2, FWWM, Missing Pieces, bonus features
Discs 11-18 - Same as "Limited Series" 8-disc version with all bonus features
Disc 19 - Several hours of new Jason S behind the scenes stuff
Disc 20 - New bonus features including Roadhouse songs, Kyle and Sheryl, Kimmy and Harry
Disc 21 - 4K versions of Pilot and Part 8

Complete TV Series:

All the same as above except missing 4 discs. From what we know and also what we can guess I'd say it's missing:

1 - FWWM/Missing Pieces
2- Several hours of new Jason S behind the scenes stuff
3 - New bonus features including Roadhouse songs, Kyle and Sheryl, Kimmy and Harry
4 - ? It would either be missing the 4K bonus disc or it's missing Disc 10 from the "Entire Mystery" (bonus stuff related to FWWM) or it's missing Disc 8 from the "Limited Series" bluray (the 5 hours of Jason S stuff). Since we know the TV version omits FWWM, it seems kind of obvious that this version would not have Disc 10 from the Entire Mystery set as those extra pertain primarily to FWWM.
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Twin Peaks from Z to A:

Discs 1-10 - Same as "The Entire Mystery" with seasons 1, 2, FWWM, Missing Pieces, bonus features
Discs 11-18 - Same as "Limited Series" 8-disc version with all bonus features
Disc 19 - Several hours of new Jason S behind the scenes stuff
Disc 20 - New bonus features including Roadhouse songs, Kyle and Sheryl, Kimmy and Harry
Disc 21 - 4K versions of Pilot and Part 8
As much as I would love having all of Twin Peaks in one box, I can't justify the $140 for what essentially boils down to potentially 2 discs of bonus material, none of which excite me greatly. The fly-on-the-wall bonus material of the Season 3 release was intriguing but I'd much rather have a straightforward making-of documentary along the lines of 'Secrets from Another Place.' If they were producing an expanded version of that documentary that covered FWWM, the intervening years, and then finally Season 3, then I'd sign up in a second.

And if they include the footage of Ben killing Maddy, that could sway me too :-)
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Is anybody online friends with Sabrina? Since the set is ready to go and extras must already be in the queue, she'd probably confirm one way or the other if any deleted scenes from Season 3 are included. I DOUBT it, but it would be a lovely surprise if there are a few missing scenes that would be included in the new set.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Before any of you give away your "Entire Mystery" boxsets, let's see which version of "Between Two Worlds" ends up being included here.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

bosguy1981 wrote:Is anybody online friends with Sabrina? Since the set is ready to go and extras must already be in the queue, she'd probably confirm one way or the other if any deleted scenes from Season 3 are included. I DOUBT it, but it would be a lovely surprise if there are a few missing scenes that would be included in the new set.
Obviously it would be a great surprise, but I truly believe that if there was another Missing Pieces type thing for The Return that it would have already been announced as it would be a major selling point. That is, unless they're saving it for the next release of the set. Which could honestly be coming in the form of 4K UHD, if they somehow determine there is a market for it. Then again, all signs/rumors point to most footage already having made its way into the official release (though I obviously hope that isn't the case).
Last edited by LateReg on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

They'll never find the footage of Ben killing Maddy.

Prove me wrong again, universe!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Does z to a include Blu-ray versions of both pilots as well as 4K?
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Also, yeah it would suck if they took more preorders than they had actual boxes for.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Diane wrote:Does z to a include Blu-ray versions of both pilots as well as 4K?
Yes, it should include everything the previous box sets included. The 4K disc is essentially a bonus.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I wonder if this will essentially be a repackaging for the already released stuff, or if they'll have new menus and maybe even reordering of contents?
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

AXX°N N. wrote:I wonder if this will essentially be a repackaging for the already released stuff, or if they'll have new menus and maybe even reordering of contents?
My guess is same discs repackaged. I kind of hope that is the case. Every time there’s a new release, some previously available feature gets left off.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by bosguy1981 »

LateReg wrote:
Obviously it would be a great surprise, but I truly believe that if there was another Missing Pieces type thing for The Return that it would have already been announced as it would be a major selling point. That is, unless they're saving it for the next release of the set. Which could honestly be coming in the form of 4K UHD, if they somehow determine there is a market for it. Then again, all signs/rumors point to most footage already having made its way into the official release (though I obviously hope that isn't the case).
I agree it's unlikely. The only reason I wonder if it could be a little surprise (at least in the sense that they don't announce it in the initial listing) is that if there are any deleted scenes to share, all indications are it would be a small amount (like 15 minutes or something, and not a Missing Pieces-type feature). Crossing my fingers.

Honestly, I just want like one more scene with Big Ed! :D