Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote::lol: And it only works at 2:53
:lol: Please, let's not give DKL such ideas.
Jerry Horne wrote:Jasper - brilliant.
Thanks, Jerry.

Here's a rough conceptual mockup:
Cooper_usb_concept_cinematic_cut_sm.jpg
Cooper_usb_concept_cinematic_cut_sm.jpg (43.51 KiB) Viewed 9883 times
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Post by LateReg »

I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to embed things, but Lynch's tweet as of 50 minutes ago is very intriguing relating to this box set, I assume. Twin Peaks From Z to A. Which makes it very odd indeed that, if it is the box set, that it wouldn't have Fire Walk With Me.

https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/ ... 4290023424

Edited to add: Welcome to Twin Peaks already has info on this here: https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twi ... U_J_Avfu-g

Apparently it includes everything. The original series, The Return and Fire Walk With Me. Plus 6 hours of unreleased bonus content??? A ton more behind the scenes stuff for each episode of The Return? A 4K disc with the original series pilot AND Part 8??? Holy crap. Limited Edition. Awesome.

(I can only assume that, since Lynch is dabbling in 4K, that The Return will at some point be released on UHD.)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.23.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 1.23.46 PM.png (652.35 KiB) Viewed 9709 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15 & 12/10

Post by Jerry Horne »

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15 & 12/10

Post by Rainwater »

More behind-the-scenes, awesome. Hopefully with less "Herzog" this time around.
Is it an old release of FWWM?

4K transfer of the International Pilot on top of the regular one, interesting choice.
I'll see you in the trees
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15 & 12/10

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Well, fine. Take my money, Lynch.

The additional Jason S. footage, broken down by Part, sounds incredible. Wasn’t “Behind the Red Curtain” already the title of the Beymer doc, though?

Is it safe to assume that the first people to preorder are guaranteed a copy, since it’s a limited edition? Not sure how that works, but I’m flashing back to the horror show of the “Limited Event Series” release, which wasn’t a limited edition, and many of us who preordered the thing on the first day possible had to wait weeks to get it.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A & The Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15 & 12/10

Post by BGate »

I could literally watch the Jason S. stuff infinitely. Amazing that we're getting several hours more of it.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Well, fine. Take my money, Lynch.

The additional Jason S. footage, broken down by Part, sounds incredible. Wasn’t “Behind the Red Curtain” already the title of the Beymer doc, though?

Is it safe to assume that the first people to preorder are guaranteed a copy, since it’s a limited edition? Not sure how that works, but I’m flashing back to the horror show of the “Limited Event Series” release, which wasn’t a limited edition, and many of us who preordered the thing on the first day possible had to wait weeks to get it.
I'd say, in theory, the first to order are the first to get served. In December 2017, I was lucky to have a friend who had the day off and picked up two of only three or four copies that Best Buy had. I had pre-ordered pretty early on Amazon, but judging by the fact that Amazon didn't ship it to me until a week later (I'm a Prime member who orders multiple new releases every week and this almost never happens to me), and that Best Buy only had a few copies, and that so many had trouble getting it, I think it was widely assumed to be a blunder on Showtime or the distributors' part, either not having enough copies prepared by release date or having not ordered/shipped enough to meet demand. I think this time they won't make that same mistake and the available box sets will be immediately available to those who ordered, so you won't have to worry about a shortage in that regard. 25,000 is a limited number for a popular show, but it's still a fairly large number for a cult series that has already been released a few times, so I don't know how quickly it will sell out. If anyone's worried, I'd just preorder and lock the order in with Amazon since they don't charge you until the item ships.

It's always exciting to have a new boxset, like you're watching it for the first time, and I'm so grateful for the effort that has been put into this one, from the new features to the 4K disc/tease. I too can't wait for the additional Jason S. stuff, and also hope it's just footage of cast and crew sans the narration.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I can't be the only one intrigued by how this turned up with no warning.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
81z9ZV8Gs7L._SL1500_.jpg
81z9ZV8Gs7L._SL1500_.jpg (396.85 KiB) Viewed 9681 times
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

What the heck is that graphic, Jerry?! It has the (now known to be inaccurate) “Television Collection” title, and says DVD even thought this is Blu Ray only. Is that maybe a companion release minus the new features (and FWWM)?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There are two different box sets coming out.

'From Z to A' is a limited edition with special packaging and will have exclusive features. Blu-Ray only.

'The Television Collection' has no new features, no FWWM or Missing Pieces and no special packaging. It will be on DVD and Blu-Ray.

See post one in this thread for pre-order links.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Aha, got it. Thanks for keeping us informed!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

N. Needleman wrote:I can't be the only one intrigued by how this turned up with no warning.
It struck me as funny, the way that it just materialized out of nowhere. That said, it makes perfect sense as a release, and was probably inevitable.

As it seems that hope springs eternal with you much more than it does with me, I wonder if you're implying that some other TP surprise might well spring out of nowhere.

I wish.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Holy smokes, well, that feeling I had when the BR for TR came out that it was vastly underrepresented in terms of extra stuff (compared to how much there was for the old show across 3 different releases) is totally not true now. I'm worried my preorder won't guarantee me jack, but here's hoping. :o
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.