Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by zeronumber »

As Han Solo told Finn, "Women always find out the truth."

Audrey knew...knows.

She had his picture in a frame.

Momma issues maybe.
Daddy issue. Not so much.

(That isif she remained compos mentis...)

Dance Audrey dance~
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

If we never get a season 4, I'd be more than content with a "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" style special with Lynch and Frost getting coffee and pie and discussing Twin Peaks for an hour or two.

And I know Lynch is opposed to explaining his work, but I get the impression that he and Frost might not necessarily agree on everything Peaks related. And with both creators having some diverging interpretations of their work, that would allow viewers to not take either one's thoughts as being the end-all authoritative "explanation" of TP. Their words could instead just be new pieces of the puzzle.

But yeah, it would be fascinating to hear them talk about the creative process behind the pilot, the decision to make BOB/Leland the killer (and the fight with the network over revealing it), frustrations with Season 2, original plans for S3 in 1991, Frost's thoughts on FWWM, the three scripts they wrote before TP and how elements from them influenced TP (One Saliva Bubble, The Lemurians, Goddess), ideas that they never got around to using for whatever reason, etc.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

zeronumber wrote:As Han Solo told Finn, "Women always find out the truth."

Audrey knew...knows.

Momma issues maybe.

Dance Audrey dance~
My personal head canon on Audrey is that she spent years in denial, hence the picture of Cooper, her White Knight and teenage crush.

Her personal psychotic break happened when she realized the truth about who the father of Richard was, later in life. The way a lot of people are in denial of childhood sexual abuse repress things, I think she was in denial of what Mr. C did for a long time, and the realization that she was assaulted while comatose by a man she loved would have broken her. But I don't think she always admitted it to herself, hence the photo she kept.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Yes, we know a lot of ideas from S3 percolated from a lot of other sources. We know aspects of Part 8 are sourced or affiliated with very early ideas for FWWM - a '50s flashback involving the arrival of the Lodge beings, etc. And Lynch has alluded to Freddie and the green glove 'originally being for Jack Nance'; maybe not intended for Pete from TP, but for Jack in another project.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by zeronumber »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:
zeronumber wrote:As Han Solo told Finn, "Women always find out the truth."

Audrey knew...knows.

Momma issues maybe.

Dance Audrey dance~
My personal head canon on Audrey is that she spent years in denial, hence the picture of Cooper, her White Knight and teenage crush.

Her personal psychotic break happened when she realized the truth about who the father of Richard was, later in life. The way a lot of people are in denial of childhood sexual abuse repress things, I think she was in denial of what Mr. C did for a long time, and the realization that she was assaulted while comatose by a man she loved would have broken her. But I don't think she always admitted it to herself, hence the photo she kept.
Agreement. Sounds sound.

Secret Dossier reflects this.

Well put.

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Just a sense of where Lynch is at the moment, from a recent ArtNet interview: “I go where the ideas take me. Like, I’m working on a painting right now but I also am looking through boxes of written ideas and trying to organize those. So it depends on the day.”

“Written ideas” are good. :)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:“Written ideas” are good. :)
Yeah, but he and Sabrina Sutherland have been talking about this box of written ideas for at least a year. Is there anything in the box? IS THERE EVEN A BOX?

At this rate we could just have a performance piece where Lynch sits in a gallery sifting through crumpled little papers from a big cardboard box for hours on end, day after day. It could be like a petting zoo, where they've got those things filled with animal chow, and you put some money in so you can feed the goats or whatever, but instead of animal chow it would dispense David Lynch Signature Blend, and for $5000 a pop you could see if your cup is the one that spurs Lynch to declare that he's finally caught the big fish.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Had a showerthought today:
What if a Season 4 was announced today?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:Had a showerthought today:
What if a Season 4 was announced today?
We'd know it wouldn't be true :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

David Lynch Finally Releases Colorized Edition Of ‘Eraserhead’

https://entertainment.theonion.com/davi ... 1829335485
Attachments
fxbudrpmgmvsbxzkbzmb.jpg
fxbudrpmgmvsbxzkbzmb.jpg (230.79 KiB) Viewed 9960 times
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

OMG! I just saw this!! Great picture!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

But that's The Onion right?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:But that's The Onion right?
Most reliable source of fake news on the web!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

The Season 3 Blu-ray set never stays on the shelf in this house. I re-watch very frequently. Random episodes, usually. All out of order. Ep. 18 is probably what I watch most. It's so perfectly enigmatic. So endlessly puzzling. There's no one theory that I subscribe to for an explanation of it. It's something that I'm going to be haunted by for the rest of my life.

And I think that's exactly the effect that Lynch intended and I don't see him doing anything that would take away from its mystery.

So, while I'd be over the moon if Lynch and Frost surprised us all with further Twin Peaks in some form, I feel in my blood that it's over.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Annie wrote:OMG! I just saw this!! Great picture!
Take notice to the date I posted this :lol: But the pic itself don't look bad at all.