Filming started on Twin Peaks 30 years ago

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Filming started on Twin Peaks 30 years ago

Post by Jerry Horne »

Hard to believe. We are all getting old and will die. Anyway, yes, Twin Peaks began filming on 2/21/89. Here is the shooting schedule for that first day. I'll also add some photos from the filming of the Pilot. Feel free to add any rarities you have as well.
Attachments
Twitter1.png
Twitter1.png (753.3 KiB) Viewed 11569 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Filming started on Twin Peaks 30 years ago

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Cool! So the very first scene Kyle filmed as Cooper was that deleted scene by the gazebo? Glad that scene was found!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

That's so cool!!!! I wish we get a Season 4 before we all die
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

krishnanspace wrote:That's so cool!!!! I wish we get a Season 4 before we all die
There won,t be fourth Season of Twin Peaks. All this wait has been for Nothing. I was waiting some kind of news about the future of the series but lynch and frost don,t say Nothing and don,t want do It.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
139467941.jpg
139467941.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 11502 times
139424242.jpg
139424242.jpg (62.53 KiB) Viewed 11502 times
139619321.jpg
139619321.jpg (58.86 KiB) Viewed 11512 times
139619285.jpg
139619285.jpg (58.35 KiB) Viewed 11512 times
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:That's so cool!!!! I wish we get a Season 4 before we all die
There won,t be fourth Season of Twin Peaks. All this wait has been for Nothing. I was waiting some kind of news about the future of the series but lynch and frost don,t say Nothing and don,t want do It.
Our collective gut feelings -- our collective suspicions of future knowledge -- contradict this statement.

You say "nothing" when you have been given everything you asked for and more, and now you are mistaking a want for a need, and that's why you are only perceiving emptiness where there is plentiful bounty.

Remember yesterday when you thought there was nothing, and that there would be nothing. Then remember to never say never.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

So the very first Twin Peaks scene finished was Shelley finishing her shirt at RR Diner? For some reason this makes me incredibly happy - that's one of my favourite scenes in the pilot with a couple of my favourite characters.

Thanks for posting Jerry!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
139619271.jpg
139619271.jpg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 11489 times
139467881.jpg
139467881.jpg (56.43 KiB) Viewed 11489 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Henrys Hair wrote:So the very first Twin Peaks scene finished was Shelley finishing her shirt at RR Diner? For some reason this makes me incredibly happy - that's one of my favourite scenes in the pilot with a couple of my favourite characters.

Thanks for posting Jerry!
You are very very welcome Sir!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

That's just so, so beautiful.

Never knew filming began end of February '89, right around when Laura was murdered. (and when I was conceived)

Do you have any more schedules for the following days Jer?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Soolsma wrote:That's just so, so beautiful.

Never knew filming began end of February '89, right around when Laura was murdered. (and when I was conceived)

I believe the real-world reason Laura was murdered on that date is simply that they shot the scene of Cooper driving into Twin Peaks on 2/24, and Kyle just said the actual date they were shooting. (It’s a completely different date in the script.) They then stuck with that date (mostly) in future episodes/media, in a solid showing of attention to continuity.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Soolsma wrote:That's just so, so beautiful.

Somewhere. I'll look. I had this portion on my desktop and ready to go since last year.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Our collective gut feelings -- our collective suspicions of future knowledge -- contradict this statement.

You say "nothing" when you have been given everything you asked for and more, and now you are mistaking a want for a need, and that's why you are only perceiving emptiness where there is plentiful bounty.

Remember yesterday when you thought there was nothing, and that there would be nothing. Then remember to never say never.
Future knowledge? I don,t understand.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Thanks a lot Jerry for posting this!!!
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:

Future knowledge? I don,t understand.
In other words at many points in the past I've felt that something is going to happen before it actually does, feel that something is going to happen now, and many others share in that feeling.