"A good coffee, he says..." (DL on coffee in The Guardian 15 Oct 2017)

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob
Roadhouse Member

"A good coffee, he says..." (DL on coffee in The Guardian 15 Oct 2017)

Post by Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob »

"David Lynch claims his relationship with coffee began at the age of three. At one stage, the film-maker was drinking 20 cups a day; nowadays he averages 10, although the cup size has increased. A good coffee, he says, “should have no bitterness, and it should be smooth and rich in flavour. I like to drink espresso with milk, like a latte or a cappuccino, but the espresso should have a golden foam. It can be so beautiful.""

-Killian Fox for The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ich-famous
"Now it's dark....."
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Re: "A good coffee, he says..." (DL on coffee in The Guardian 15 Oct 2017)

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob wrote:"David Lynch claims his relationship with coffee began at the age of three. At one stage, the film-maker was drinking 20 cups a day; nowadays he averages 10, although the cup size has increased. A good coffee, he says, “should have no bitterness, and it should be smooth and rich in flavour. I like to drink espresso with milk, like a latte or a cappuccino, but the espresso should have a golden foam. It can be so beautiful.""

-Killian Fox for The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ich-famous
Awesome, thanks for sharing. As I sat down to check the forums just now, it was with a mug full of cold brewed coffee that I ground and put in the fridge last night before bed. Coffee is miraculous in so many ways. I can definitely understand his ceaseless consumption, it gets the gears turning in ways that few other things can, and it's stimulating on many levels as well. The flavor, smell, and the way it makes one feel are hard to beat. Chocolate is one of the few substances in the world that can measure up to coffee.

There was a period where I spent several years doing nothing but drinking coffee made in the French press and writing, drawing, and composing music for endless spans of time, so I can totally relate to this.