What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What chance do you think there is we will see a season 4?

Very unlikely
13%
Unlikely
32%
50/50
35%
Likely
12%
Very likely
7%

Total votes: 82
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: What's next? What chance do think there is we will see a season 4?

Post by Jasper »

baxter wrote:I feel like I really should go to this tour in Australia. It's not everyday you get to see stars from Twin Peaks in your own town.

Then again, I find these "in conversation" things to be really annoying in general. Some people ask great questions and get no answers, others ask crap questions and it all drags on.

Someone talk me into getting a ticket :-D
The great Al Strobel is nearing 80, if I'm not mistaken. If he can make the long trip to Australia, with but one arm, then you can surely make it across town. In fact, you owe it to him. It's the least you can do! Besides, how many more trips to Australia do you think Mr. Strobel will be making? This is probably your only chance to see this Twin Peaks legend in the flesh. He's an intelligent man who really thinks about his work, and much like many of us here, he's not afraid to jump straight into talking about interdimensional beings. Hell, he could even end up spilling the beans about why he's billed only as Gerard rather than as MIKE in season three. I remember he once discussed why MIKE had Gerard's appearance in the Red Room in FWWM.

You really ought to go check it out, and of course report back to us here on the forum.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Agent Earle wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Promotion of a show that is supposedly over after a year and a half.Hmm...
The copyright now says 2018. Is that some hint? I mean, I dont know how copyrights work.
Well, they certainly didn't have a lot of opportunities to talk and promote the show prior to its airing or when it was on, did they. I mean with all the "keep the mystery alive" stuff that Lynch imposed on anyone involved, including the network. So I for one don't blame them for wanting to let off some steam about how it was to participate in the new Peaks.
Hmm.That seems like a possibility
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:This is the first time I posted it.
You also posted the same prank post from Reddit twice and it wasn't funny either time. I can't speak for anyone else but AFAIC it's getting old.
Chill man. Everything does not have to be so serious and grim over here.Just wanted everyone to have a good time and experience on this journey :)
I think when everyone is hoping for news of a S4, repeatedly posting false alerts can come across as obnoxious. I absolutely don’t believe S4 is happening imminently, but even I got my hopes up momentarily when you posted that screenshot, only to have them dashed. Getting a S4 means something to people, and people don’t like being jerked around emotionally. Plus, you run the risk of a “boy who cried wolf” scenario. People may ignore what you have to say if you have legitimate news to report because you’ve discredited yourself by playing repeated “pranks.” There’s a difference between being humorous and messing with people’s hopes.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
You also posted the same prank post from Reddit twice and it wasn't funny either time. I can't speak for anyone else but AFAIC it's getting old.
Chill man. Everything does not have to be so serious and grim over here.Just wanted everyone to have a good time and experience on this journey :)
I think when everyone is hoping for news of a S4, repeatedly posting false alerts can come across as obnoxious. I absolutely don’t believe S4 is happening imminently, but even I got my hopes up momentarily when you posted that screenshot, only to have them dashed. Getting a S4 means something to people, and people don’t like being jerked around emotionally. Plus, you run the risk of a “boy who cried wolf” scenario. People may ignore what you have to say if you have legitimate news to report because you’ve discredited yourself by playing repeated “pranks.” There’s a difference between being humorous and messing with people’s hopes.
Ya you're right. I'll be more careful next time.Sorry
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Thank you Mr. Reindeer!
"Your log and I are on the same page."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Hey People, I would like to apologize for my foolish behavior. I did not intend to post those articles/screenshots to mess or let down others. Sorry
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:Hey People, I would like to apologize for my foolish behavior. I did not intend to post those articles/screenshots to mess or let down others. Sorry
No apologies necessary on my end! Just try to be conscious of the larger impact of your words and actions on others in the community next time. Otherwise it’s always good to have you here!
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Someone mentioned that he is holding auditions, but he doesn't do traditional open-call auditions for his own projects. Likely both this and the Netflix visit are for the film he is producing.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

IcedOver wrote:Someone mentioned that he is holding auditions, but he doesn't do traditional open-call auditions for his own projects. Likely both this and the Netflix visit are for the film he is producing.
Some actor called Palmer Scott auditioned.He said he auditioned for a David Lynch "movie"
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

krishnanspace wrote: Some actor called Palmer Scott auditioned.He said he auditioned for a David Lynch "movie"
That doesn't necessarily mean something he's directing. If Lynch and Duwayne Dunham are in the room, I'd say it's easier and brings more attention to say you auditioned for a David Lynch film than for a Duwayne Dunham film.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

source
lynchmovie.png
lynchmovie.png (289.1 KiB) Viewed 15407 times
Also, FWIW, I cannot find anything linking Duwayne Dunham's The Happy Worker to netflix. I also believe that idea behind the media companies SingularDTV and Blockchain Entertainment Studio is to create a decentralized media platform, decentralized in terms of both production and distribution; as an alternative to more standard media platforms like Netflix.

I really think the Netflix sighting is related to something different than The Happy worker. The actor auditioning however, might very well be for the Duwayne Dunham movie.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

Personally, I hope the Netflix sighting means that some (or all?) of Lynch's movies will be streaming soon. Of course, I'd also take news of an original content deal being made, but we'll see what happens
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

IcedOver wrote:
krishnanspace wrote: Some actor called Palmer Scott auditioned.He said he auditioned for a David Lynch "movie"
That doesn't necessarily mean something he's directing. If Lynch and Duwayne Dunham are in the room, I'd say it's easier and brings more attention to say you auditioned for a David Lynch film than for a Duwayne Dunham film.
In these movie, Lynch is the executive Producer. he is not directing.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Soolsma wrote:source

lynchmovie.png

Also, FWIW, I cannot find anything linking Duwayne Dunham's The Happy Worker to netflix. I also believe that idea behind the media companies SingularDTV and Blockchain Entertainment Studio is to create a decentralized media platform, decentralized in terms of both production and distribution; as an alternative to more standard media platforms like Netflix.

I really think the Netflix sighting is related to something different than The Happy worker. The actor auditioning however, might very well be for the Duwayne Dunham movie.
I Agree.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Jasper- that was very persuasive!