Timelines

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Timelines

Post by Jerry Horne »

I remember taking note of the fact that Mark Frost said he was a big fan of Westworld on HBO. Then, when we started to get into the timeline stuff in S3. It made some sense I suppose. Recently I began to wonder if timelines weren't a big factor in S3. Then I came across these:

I still maintain that Cooper's question at the end of the series is flawed.

The big revelation for me is the fact that all the scenes of Sarah are in a different timeline.

I'm rambling a bit here and have had too much coffee. There you go.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Re: Timelines

Post by Hester Prynne »

Thought the comparison between Cooper meeting Laura's doppelgänger in the original run and the trucker's confrontation with Sarah Palmer was interesting. Also, I completely missed that the statue wasn't there in Episode 18, but my guess is it's because Coop was going in the opposite direction in the Lodge, or there was never a Bob/Cooper union. It seems like all of the doppelgängers have merged in Episode 18, symbolic of Diane seeing her tulpa/doppelgänger at the motel and merging into Linda.

Also, I have a greater appreciation for Annie's character after watching these. Not sure why they didn't use her character in Season 3 with the exception of Hawk's recap for Frank Truman.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Re: Timelines

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Thank you very much for sharing this video Jerry!!