Attachments
DJKslP4XkAMLs8m.jpg
DJKslP4XkAMLs8m.jpg (190.31 KiB) Viewed 10433 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: Music From The New Series

Post by claaa7 »

^ nice!! i ended up ordering the CDs as well.. hopefully they'll arrive today.

the soundtracks are now available for streaming on Spotify / Deezer :)
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

I must say that the Roadhouse performances do work on the album. They give me the kind of nostalgic feeling that comes wih the ending of the Twin Peak-parts :) Not to mention the wonderful, broody and scary song by Trouble. Too bad they just made one song for the series. I'd love to have an entire album like that. Except for Lissie. That was a terrible, bland song.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

OrsonWelles wrote:I must say that the Roadhouse performances do work on the album. They give me the kind of nostalgic feeling that comes wih the ending of the Twin Peak-parts :) Not to mention the wonderful, broody and scary song by Trouble. Too bad they just made one song for the series. I'd love to have an entire album like that. Except for Lissie. That was a terrible, bland song.
they actually made two songs but only one song made it to the series.. it seems that it was just a one-off project for the series but at least both tracks were released on a limited 7" by Sacred Bones. the other track is called "Mother's Gone" (that reference, hmmm)

i'm listening to the Roadhouse album now.. i like the way they use the short Badalamenti intro to segue into the album and on to Chromatics. this is a different version of "Shadows", right? those big tribal drums wasn't on the actual series or was i too caught up in the visual aspect to notice?

one song that i didn't even like hearing it at first on the show that REALLY grown on me is "Missippi" by Cactus Blossoms.. what a sweet song. been having it stuck on a loop in my head all day. what a sweet song!
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

'Dark Space Low' on the Limited Event Series Soundtrack album made Part 18. It's so beautiful.
Mystery Roach
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mystery Roach »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:'Dark Space Low' on the Limited Event Series Soundtrack album made Part 18. It's so beautiful.
I'm listening to that album right now. I haven't gotten to the end yet, but I think The Fireman might be the best track Badalamenti has ever written.
SatisfactionJackson

Post by SatisfactionJackson »

Mystery Roach wrote:
Trudy Chelgren wrote:'Dark Space Low' on the Limited Event Series Soundtrack album made Part 18. It's so beautiful.
I'm listening to that album right now. I haven't gotten to the end yet, but I think The Fireman might be the best track Badalamenti has ever written.
I think so too
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

the instrumental album with all of Angelo's contributions REALLY holds together incredibly well as an album that you can listen to front-to-back. The only track I'm not so sure of is the inclusion of "American Woman", it's cool and sounded especially good in the series but it doesn't seem to jive with the concept and style of the other songs. i thought i would be more bothered by the inclusion of some material from the earlier score(s) but listening now it all flows very well.

and yes, "The Fireman" is a masterpiece, especially in this long uncut 7 minutes version. when i first heard it on episode 8 together with the gorgeous black and white other world visuals i was knocked out by how wonderful that piece was.. "Heartbreaking" is another song that is incredible and the "Accident / Farewell Theme" still gives me the chills. Angelo is such a good composer, using only a synth he creates these lush, swelling songs that take on a life of their own when evoking your emotions. it's like the sounds directly speaks to your soul.. "Fireman" especially sounds very spiritual, almost cleansing in a way.

the Roadhouse album is also good but the instrumental one is the one that exceeded my expectations.. i think i will buy it on vinyl as well (i bought both CDs). my only minor complaint is that i wish all of the Thought Gang material had been released here, but considering that Lynch and Hurley has opened up and gone through the music vaults it's not at all impossible that they are saving those for an actual album release.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

btw, where and when in the series did we hear the composition "Night"?

another thing - i'm glad that i included "Windswept" although it was already released on Johnny Jewel's album.. i love that song and kind of see it as Cooper's theme during his "Dougie"-crisis after episode 5 and 6. i don't think it would have hurt to include the song in at least one more Dougie scene towards the latter half of that arc. it worked beautifully in context.
Mystery Roach
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mystery Roach »

claaa7 wrote:the instrumental album with all of Angelo's contributions REALLY holds together incredibly well as an album that you can listen to front-to-back. The only track I'm not so sure of is the inclusion of "American Woman", it's cool and sounded especially good in the series but it doesn't seem to jive with the concept and style of the other songs. i thought i would be more bothered by the inclusion of some material from the earlier score(s) but listening now it all flows very well.

and yes, "The Fireman" is a masterpiece, especially in this long uncut 7 minutes version. when i first heard it on episode 8 together with the gorgeous black and white other world visuals i was knocked out by how wonderful that piece was.. "Heartbreaking" is another song that is incredible and the "Accident / Farewell Theme" still gives me the chills. Angelo is such a good composer, using only a synth he creates these lush, swelling songs that take on a life of their own when evoking your emotions. it's like the sounds directly speaks to your soul.. "Fireman" especially sounds very spiritual, almost cleansing in a way.

the Roadhouse album is also good but the instrumental one is the one that exceeded my expectations.. i think i will buy it on vinyl as well (i bought both CDs). my only minor complaint is that i wish all of the Thought Gang material had been released here, but considering that Lynch and Hurley has opened up and gone through the music vaults it's not at all impossible that they are saving those for an actual album release.
I completely agree with everything you said, except that I was actually surprised by how much I loved the full remix of American Woman. It's just so wild. I do think it works here, although I'm glad they got it out of the way early before settling into the score. It's a nice jolt at the beginning though. I was also impressed with how well the old blended with the new in this. I was most anxious to hear this album because I had no idea how it would flow, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

And the fact that the Dean Hurly album has Vol. 1 in the title leads me to hope that there will be at least one more Anthology Resource release forthcoming, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either it will also contain the Thought Gang material or that if the stars align we could even get a full Thought Gang album as well.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RE: Compact Disc.

Anybody else hearing some static in Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room especially starting at 1:08 or so? Also on 'The Chair' towards the end.

Hopefully it's not my system.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mystery Roach
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mystery Roach »

You know, I haven't been a Pearl Jam fan in a long time, so I was pretty shocked to discover that Out of Sand is my favorite artist track in the series. That song moves me on a deep deep level, especially after seeing the last episode.
Spacevessel

Post by Spacevessel »

One good thing the new TP surely did is introducing me to Johnny Jewel's music.
"I should have been a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas."
smokebelch
Roadhouse Member

Post by smokebelch »

Jerry Horne wrote:RE: Compact Disc.

Anybody else hearing some static in Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room especially starting at 1:08 or so? Also on 'The Chair' towards the end.

Yeah I'm hearing the same on mine :(
Did notice the sound is pretty Brickwalled/compressed on both soundtracks... I'm guessing maybe to do with that...
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

smokebelch wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:RE: Compact Disc.

Yeah I'm hearing the same on mine :(
Did notice the sound is pretty Brickwalled/compressed on both soundtracks... I'm guessing maybe to do with that...
I also had this problem on track 15 called Night.