Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Esselgee »

I hope there's a scene in the next 2 hours where Lucy catches Cooper up on everything that's happened in Twin Peaks in the past 25 years, similar to the scene in the season 2 premiere.
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

Esselgee wrote:I hope there's a scene in the next 2 hours where Lucy catches Cooper up on everything that's happened in Twin Peaks in the past 25 years, similar to the scene in the season 2 premiere.
That will be part 17. Just Lucy rambling on for 50 minutes. :lol:
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Firewalkwithme91 wrote:
Esselgee wrote:I hope there's a scene in the next 2 hours where Lucy catches Cooper up on everything that's happened in Twin Peaks in the past 25 years, similar to the scene in the season 2 premiere.
I wish there were 19 part just for this! That would be heavenly! :D
There's your roast beef and cheese.
referendum
RR Diner Member

Post by referendum »

Deep Thought wrote:
"E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to say is "i.e.".
inland empire? :D
''let's not overthink this opportunity''
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

Deep Thought wrote:
Firewalkwithme91 wrote:
I wish there were 19 part just for this! That would be heavenly! :D
Totally, I would dig it. :mrgreen:
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

referendum wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:
"E.g." means "for example". What I think you want to say is "i.e.".
inland empire? :D
Get Shorty.

. . . Ah, duh, I get it now. Alchohol fog at the moment. 8) Just goes to show you that connections create themselves out of nothing!
Last edited by Deep Thought on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Ok, I've been wondering about this all week. So the Diane we've met was manufactured by the doppleganger so he could use her years later to inform on the FBI? The reason she got involved with the case was because Dopplecoop got himself caught to be at the same prison as Ray, which alerted Cole and Albert, who decided they needed Diane to interview Cooper. Was he banking on these circumstances? This was before they knew about Briggs' body in Buckhorn.

Did the "Around the dinner table the conversation is lively" message trigger something in tulpa-Diane that made her subservient? Prior to this message she seemed like she wanted to go home as soon as possible. Perhaps she was only semi-aware of what was going on, a la Leland's possession by BOB?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

asmahan wrote:Ok, I've been wondering about this all week. So the Diane we've met was manufactured by the doppleganger so he could use her years later to inform on the FBI? The reason she got involved with the case was because Dopplecoop got himself caught to be at the same prison as Ray, which alerted Cole and Albert, who decided they needed Diane to interview Cooper. Was he banking on these circumstances? This was before they knew about Briggs' body in Buckhorn.

Did the "Around the dinner table the conversation is lively" message trigger something in tulpa-Diane that made her subservient? Prior to this message she seemed like she wanted to go home as soon as possible. Perhaps she was only semi-aware of what was going on, a la Leland's possession by BOB?
Could be that when Mr. C made Diane T. all he cared about was that she was working at the FBI. That was all he wanted, someone on the inside. Her being useful now is just a result of his network of contacts.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Obviously Lynch ran out of money.
Nicely Done.jpg
Nicely Done.jpg (116.22 KiB) Viewed 8920 times
ScarFace32
RR Diner Member

Post by ScarFace32 »

So who was the guy who left Diane's apartment when Cole & Albert walked in?
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

asmahan wrote:Ok, I've been wondering about this all week. So the Diane we've met was manufactured by the doppleganger so he could use her years later to inform on the FBI? The reason she got involved with the case was because Dopplecoop got himself caught to be at the same prison as Ray, which alerted Cole and Albert, who decided they needed Diane to interview Cooper. Was he banking on these circumstances? This was before they knew about Briggs' body in Buckhorn.

We may never know the whole story, but I think Evil Cooper created tulpa Diane for multiple purposes. It appears real Diane was half-sisters with Janey-E. I think tulpa Diane had something to do, under direction from Evil Cooper, with Janey-E meeting and marrying Dougie, also Evil Cooper's creation. This may have led to a falling out between the half-sisters, as Dougie appears to have turned out to have been a rather disappointing husband. Tulpa Diane said they hadn't spoken for years. But Evil Cooper had already gotten what he wanted, a home life and secure, stable position for Dougie.

And yes, I think it's possible Evil Cooper's various cryptic text messages were all triggers that moved Diane in one direction or another, Manchurian Candidate style.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

AgentEcho wrote: There's a few other threads like Audrey's that has to progress beyond where it is is now, but for the most part almost anything else may be game for ambiguity and interpretation, and even perhaps leaving threads incomplete as a basis for a possible continuation. As long as it's not the same threads as the ones 25 years ago I can take it.
I think the Audrey thread is done. They've confirmed that it wasn't real by showing the audience her "awakening" in the mirror. I doubt there is anywhere else for that story to go (unless she sinks back into dreamland and argues with Charlie some more).
scotchka

Post by scotchka »

Re: the cgi/fx. I can 100% believe that Lynch was going for a certain look with the the cgi. I believe this video was from the Blue Velvet DVD explaining the robin at the end. https://www.videodetective.com/movies/b ... bin/408598
Last edited by scotchka on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
referendum
RR Diner Member

Post by referendum »

I think the Audrey thread is done.
5 dollars you are wrong there.

i guess we will find out in 16 Hours 10 Minutes 21 Seconds
''let's not overthink this opportunity''
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

referendum wrote:
I think the Audrey thread is done.
5 dollars you are wrong there.

i guess we will find out in 16 Hours 10 Minutes 21 Seconds
It's a bet!!! (not really)

btw: what kind of crazy time warped place are you in that you only had 16 hours 10 minutes and 21 seconds to go when you posted that? My screen currently say 1 day 1 minute and 0 seconds.
Last edited by BigEd on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.