Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Re: Discussion of the "Titles" (SPOILERS)

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

"What is your name?" Makes me think of Laura's line "Who are you?"

Will this be the last line of dialogue in the Series? Are we going to be left with a giant unanswered question about Coopers identity at the end of this thing? Just like "How's Annie?". 25 years ago.

Q: What's your name?
A: Dougie Jones
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

Okay, let's try again with the titles.

13 "What story is that, Charlie?": well, Audrey asking her husband in disbelief after hearing his phone revelations about Richard.

14 "We are like the dreamer.": "Jeffries" explaining his "we live inside a dream" line from fwwm

15 "There's some fear in letting go.": the log lady to hawk

16 "No knock, no doorbell.": the doppelganger trying to enter jack rabbit's palace

17 "The past dictates the future.": the evolution of the arm, similar to the "is it futur or is it past"

18 "What is your name?": monica belucci's character to dale
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

CuriousWoman wrote:Okay, let's try again with the titles.

13 "What story is that, Charlie?": well, Audrey asking her husband in disbelief after hearing his phone revelations about Richard.

14 "We are like the dreamer.": "Jeffries" explaining his "we live inside a dream" line from fwwm

15 "There's some fear in letting go.": the log lady to hawk

16 "No knock, no doorbell.": the doppelganger trying to enter jack rabbit's palace

17 "The past dictates the future.": the evolution of the arm, similar to the "is it futur or is it past"

18 "What is your name?": monica belucci's character to dale
"We are like the dreamer" is
Spoiler:
the thing Lynch scribbled down in the Art Life documentary, and is said in the black and white out-of-time scene with Coop and Monica Bellucci in Paris
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

anyone else get the feeling that "no knock, no doorbell" might be the first line spoken by an unexpected cameo, like ontkean?
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

dud wrote:anyone else get the feeling that "no knock, no doorbell" might be the first line spoken by an unexpected cameo, like ontkean?
No, but now that you mention it, it is something that might be posted on the door at a home of somebody who was yrev very sick. :?:
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Hmm... Final ep, after Coop finally wakes up and there's a moment to breathe.. Janey-E drives up, storms angrily over to Cooper. Before she can rant, Cooper smiles to her, then turns to the rest of the characters "Oh, and this is my wife..." he thinks a moment, then looks back at Janey-E, "What is your name?"
vawriter

Post by vawriter »

16 "No knock, no doorbell.": For some reason I keep hearing this in Agent Cooper's voice. It totally sounds like something he would say as he's approaching a suspect's door, and giving instruction to someone he's with. "No knock, no doorbell". We'll see!
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

vawriter wrote:16 "No knock, no doorbell.": For some reason I keep hearing this in Agent Cooper's voice. It totally sounds like something he would say as he's approaching a suspect's door, and giving instruction to someone he's with. "No knock, no doorbell". We'll see!
Could be said by any of Law Enforcement characters. But there's something to the idea Cooper would say it. "There's some fear in letting go" strikes me as a line said to him or he says around the time he wakes up, bc it would involve letting go of all the safety and comfort he gets from being Dougie. If that is the case, then he'd be in the right condition to deliver the next part's tagline.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

"There's some fear in letting go" sounds like something Margaret would say to whomever (Hawk?), but I fear someone else says it and it's about Janey-E and Sonny Jim instead. :(
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

I think "There's some fear in letting go" could also be said to Audrey if she is in a coma/dream and afraid of waking up.
Daliz
Roadhouse Member

Post by Daliz »

"There's some fear in letting go" - Norma to Walter about the original recipe and local organic ingredients of the cherry pie :D
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Whoever says it, "There's some fear of letting go" is an intriguing title after Part 14's end credits song. The lyrics and the overall wild abandon of the song is a departure from the other Roadhouse songs. They have been mostly dreamy and calm or dark and moody but that song is like something you would start an exciting party with. Then the next ep has a title about letting go.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

dronerstone wrote:"There's some fear in letting go" sounds like something Margaret would say to whomever (Hawk?),
i thinks so too
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

If Charlie is a psychiatrist then I can imagine him saying it.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

dud wrote:anyone else get the feeling that "no knock, no doorbell" might be the first line spoken by an unexpected cameo, like ontkean?
That would be amazing!
I had assumed it referred to the
Spoiler:
infamous spoiled scene that TMZ and others picked up on, but now I'm wondering if that scene might not come in the finale (ha, remember when some of us hoped it might be the opening scene to the first episode?), so who knows.
There's something a little odd about the sentence.
Almost Dougie-like maybe?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.