Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

RedRum
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

Post by RedRum »

mlsstwrt wrote:
RedRum wrote:
mlsstwrt wrote: That green glove boy scene was ATROCIOUS. Maybe you have to be a Brit to understand how much that grated. When the guy used cockney rhyming slam (snappin' 'is Gregory (i.e. Gregory Peck, Neck) my jaw dropped. Cockney rhyming slam in Twin Peaks. I've lived in England for 40 years and never actually heard someone use cockney rhyming slang. Maybe if I go into the right East End boozer, they will, I don't know, I don't go there. But in.....frigging.... Twin Peaks.
This scene was the point I started outwardly saying, they killed Twin Peaks... Its over, finished. They ruined it completely.

Then when we saw Sarah Palmers scene I was like o.k. so now they ruined the original series too.

FUCK YOU LYNCH YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER TOSSER!
Such a cringeworthy scene. Americans, genuine question - do you get why that scene would be so cringeworthy to a Brit? Cor blimey guvnor.
Perhaps they should have a scene set in texas where all the people go.. Yeeehhaaa! :)
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

RedRum wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:
RedRum wrote:
Not anymore...

After episode 14 I would have to be some kind of masochist.

Why would I continue to watch someone take a wet sticky dump all over something I love so much?
Yet you continue to post.
I might also add I am willing to bet that most that like it are Liberal Voters :)
That explains a lot. You and I are done here.
Aqwell
RR Diner Member

Post by Aqwell »

I'm really looking forward to see GreenGloveMan in action.
The lynchian super-hero is born and he will kick some ass! Or more probably punch tem.
I will not be surprised to learn that a comic spin-off is already on the way...
RedRum wrote:I might also add I am willing to bet that most that like it are Liberal Voters :)
Someone's looking for a fight... :lol:
Last edited by Aqwell on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedRum
Roadhouse Member

Post by RedRum »

Hockey Mask wrote:
RedRum wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote: Yet you continue to post.
I might also add I am willing to bet that most that like it are Liberal Voters :)
That explains a lot. You and I are done here.
Thank you for confirming my suspicions.
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

Introducing Green Glove Boy with 4 more episodes to go and so many unresolved plot threads.... I mean, utter genius. How could we possibly question Lynch's powers at this stage?

This whole thing is an abomination.
waferwhitemilk
Roadhouse Member

Post by waferwhitemilk »

mlsstwrt wrote:Introducing Green Glove Boy with 4 more episodes to go and so many unresolved plot threads.... I mean, utter genius. How could we possibly question Lynch's powers at this stage? This whole thing is an abomination.
The more I think about it, the madder I get!!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

mlsstwrt wrote:Introducing Green Glove Boy with 4 more episodes to go and so many unresolved plot threads.... I mean, utter genius. How could we possibly question Lynch's powers at this stage?

Does it occur to you the 'green glove boy' might be a parody?

And btw, he was introduced as a character in the second episode. It's only his backstory that was introduced in Episode 14.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

mtwentz wrote:
mlsstwrt wrote:Introducing Green Glove Boy with 4 more episodes to go and so many unresolved plot threads.... I mean, utter genius. How could we possibly question Lynch's powers at this stage?

Does it occur to you the 'green glove boy' might be a parody?

And btw, he was introduced as a character in the second episode. It's only his backstory that was introduced in Episode 14.
Yeah, I find my attention drifting.

Parody like the Michael Cera appearance? Maybe. Wouldn't surprise me given that this is a bad comedy sketch show.
RedRum
Roadhouse Member

Post by RedRum »

waferwhitemilk wrote:
mlsstwrt wrote:Introducing Green Glove Boy with 4 more episodes to go and so many unresolved plot threads.... I mean, utter genius. How could we possibly question Lynch's powers at this stage? This whole thing is an abomination.
The more I think about it, the madder I get!!!
I shall be angry about Season Three for a long time, certainly longer than lynch lives.
waferwhitemilk
Roadhouse Member

Post by waferwhitemilk »

I know the food metaphor's been used before in the beginning of the thread, but imagine getting a totally rubbish dish and then some wise guy starts asking you "has it occured to you this dish is a parody? the dish is rubbish on purpose! don't judge the dish until you've had the desert!! french cooks made rubbish dishes in the 60s and this is clearly a homage!! this cook was always rubbish why complain now?"etc
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

Mtwentz, LateReg,Yaxomoxay (prob messed up the spelling, sorry) - you seem like good people. But please understand at this point I and several others are probably beyond disappointed and kind of angry about this. Can you please just allow us to vent about this? It's really beyond the discussion point, for me at least. Not that this was ever really a debate thread.

As to why keep watching? Maybe I shouldn't but I've waited 25 years and already watched 14 episodes so I may as well watch the amazing finale that we're bound to get. If I could go back and not have watched any of this, believe me I would.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

He's gotta be wrestling Mr. C for the dominion over the place that the coordinates lead to, what else could it be? Next part or so we may find some background on that insurance agent who was looking for sheriff Truman in part 1 (or was it part 2). Maybe his name is Dougie Jones too. If not that, it is probably Billie.
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

waferwhitemilk wrote:I know the food metaphor's been used before in the beginning of the thread, but imagine getting a totally rubbish dish and then some wise guy starts asking you "has it occured to you this dish is a parody? the dish is rubbish on purpose! don't judge the dish until you've had the desert!! french cooks made rubbish dishes in the 60s and this is clearly a homage!! this cook was always rubbish why complain now?"etc
Everything good is deliberately good in The Return.

Everything terrible (acting, effects, writing) is deliberately terrible. So it's genius too.

Therefore everything in The Return is genius.
RedRum
Roadhouse Member

Post by RedRum »

mlsstwrt wrote:Mtwentz, LateReg,Yaxomoxay (prob messed up the spelling, sorry) - you seem like good people. But please understand at this point I and several others are probably beyond disappointed and kind of angry about this. Can you please just allow us to vent about this? It's really beyond the discussion point, for me at least. Not that this was ever really a debate thread.

As to why keep watching? Maybe I shouldn't but I've waited 25 years and already watched 14 episodes so I may as well watch the amazing finale that we're bound to get. If I could go back and not have watched any of this, believe me I would.
Imagine, someone stopping you and saying.. 'Wait, do not watch this season, it will make you feel downhearted, angry and depressed while ruining the original and all you held dear about Twin Peaks.'

I know I would thank that person... but it would be like a big red button with 'DO NOT PRESS' :)
mlsstwrt wrote:
Everything good is deliberately good in The Return.

Everything terrible (acting, effects, writing) is deliberately terrible. So it's genius too.

Therefore everything in The Return is genius.
Except there is 90% terrible and 10% good.... If that's deliberate then may I return you to my Mona Lisa analogy?

Lynch is a complete and utter Arse!
referendum
RR Diner Member

Post by referendum »

I wonder how many of those that like season three are new to the series or only recently got into twin peaks?

And how many of those that hate the season are long standing original watchers of the series?

I have a feeling that those that love it are mostly from the Millennial generation and therefore not watched the original because they were yet to be born.
hi, i can play this game.

I saw elephant man the week of it's cinema release, ditto blue velvet, and watched TP as it came out. I have not re watched it since. Season 2 i really actively disliked about 1/3 of, but i stuck with it for the good stuff. There is nothing quite as bad as the worst bits of season 2 ( wyndham earle, civil war, etc) in TP TR. That said, the best aspects of TP TR have ( for me ) been the stuff that has little or no relation to the original series.

I like this series ALOT ( hence my presence on this forum, it has totally sucked me in on a level of detail in a wholly unexpected way. The last thing I saw that did that was Bunuel films when i discovered them ten years ago).

I have pretty strong reservations about some aspects of TP TR ( hence why i follow this thread with interest) but i excuse this as '' you have to take the rough with the smooth'' - even though i know in cinematic terms, you don't have to take the rough with the smooth, usually you edit out the rough. Here it is left in - as it was in Series 2.I suspect this ' dream/dreamer' business might be an explanation for that. Just let it flow.

Anyway at the time i stuck with S2 and to some extent felt what some people are saying here - that at least half of it trashed the promise and feel of S1 and it became a parody of itself. ( As judasbooth put it about this series, i felt at the time re probably half of series 2 that the self-conscious/ meta. post modern wackiness and dime store weirdness-for-the-sake-of-weirdness killed the heart ). The Lynch episodes and a handful of other episodes were of course worth staying watching for. Those are my remembered impressions from 1991 or whenever it was. As I say, i haven't re-watched any of it since, apart from the pilot, once, about ten years ago. Will however definitely re-watch after this series has finished. Right now I would say there is as much good material in TP TR as in series 2 - and less crap. It took me about 6 episodes to become fascinated by S3 enough to end up here :) The first time i have gone on a forum about any movie or TV show. And probably the last unless there is a series 4 :)
Last edited by referendum on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
''let's not overthink this opportunity''