Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

OMG this episode was perfect !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

mtwentz wrote:
djsunyc wrote:when andy showed up with the fireman, i yelled "holy sh t" at the tv lol.
Over the years, how many times did we all joke about andy or lucy (or Nicky) ending up in the Black Lodge?
I was worried for Andy when he first disappeared - I sort of figured he'd be the least equipped to deal with Lodge weirdness of the four cops. But maybe his quasi-childlike innocence works to his advantage because he just accepts that he now has this job to do (protect the woman with no eyes), whereas the others would be trying to decipher what exactly had happened.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Anyone else notice how that enormous tree stump at Jack Rabbit's palace resembles that palace (?) atop the mountain in the purple/mauve zone or white lodge?

Or am I being overly creative here...
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

I am happy you all saw this episode now. And although my thread for EP14 got deleted (still cannot think why, nobody was forced to enter it), I am happy to share my thoughts.

This was one of the best episodes for me. Amazing from start to finish - I even loved that song at the end - Lissie is quite an impressive singer, Wild West is a good track (although it sounds different in this episode compared to the video release on YouTube).

.) Diane is Janey-E's half sister - amazing plot development. Cole sending in the guns because Dougie and Janey-E could be potentially dangerous is not good. I hope things don't turn out bad.

.) Gordon Cole dream scene with Belucci and then David Bowie was incredible. Bowie's was from the FWWM shooting but still nice. Was is one of the scenes that didn't make the initial cut in FWWM?

.) Scene at the Sheriff station was amazing, so unpredictable. Rot in hell, Chad.

.) The Vortex scene at the ccordinates in the woods next to the Jack Rabbit Palace was utterly amazing. Everything. The camera work was breathtaking, steady-cam when up-close and drones for prominent overhead views - incredible work.
I don't know if the nudity was needed, but fantastic scenes all around. The Fireman is quite particular in the persons he is chosing. Andy is a pure and innocent spirit, guess that is why he was the one. Andy also held Naidoos hand from the beginning when they found her. Such compassion.

.) Sarah Palmer scene in the pub was totally unexcpected and frightenly amazing in it's own way. CGI was better than the first time we saw something similar like this. That's some explaining she will have to do to the fed's :)

.) The ending of the F.B.I. in Vegas scene had me laugh out hard, as well as the prison scene later on with that drunken fellow, Chad and Naidoo. Lynch at his best. Marvellous!

.) Origin story of "The Glove" was incredible, although I really had a hard time understanding the deeply british accent. We have no subtitles on Sky in AT/DE, it's so lame :( But cool story, bro!

AMAZING and truly breathtaking episode, I'd give it a 10 out of 10. And it didn't even show Kyle (except in pictures)!

All my expectations were blown away so far with The Return.

Best. TV-Show. Ever.
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Any ideas as to why Frank would tell Cole about the missing pages and their reference to Cooper, but NOT the info about Jack Rabbit's Palace, given its major connections to Cooper and Briggs?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Wondering why all these comments weren't matching up to my viewing... I guess my Showtime provider showed Part 15 instead.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Audrey Horne wrote:Wondering why all these comments weren't matching up to my viewing... I guess my Showtime provider showed Part 15 instead.
Oh no... Are you serious? That really sucks for you. :( :( :(
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

docLEXfisti wrote: I even loved that song at the end - Lissie is quite an impressive singer, Wild West is a good track (although it sounds different in this episode compared to the video release on YouTube).
Good to know I'm not the only one digging the song / her smokey voice. :)

Amazing episode, yup.

ps: Bist aus AT?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

So the entrance to the White Lodge is marked by . . . what? A gold and white substance.
Attachments
not oil.jpg
not oil.jpg (38.29 KiB) Viewed 8995 times
There's your roast beef and cheese.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Audrey Horne wrote:Wondering why all these comments weren't matching up to my viewing... I guess my Showtime provider showed Part 15 instead.
I certainly hope you're being ironic here, but we have learned one can never be too careful about Twin Peaks episodes.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

garethw wrote:

NO, no.. Definitely kidding.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

I think every scene would normally be the scene we would talk about the entire week.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Audrey Horne wrote:
garethw wrote:

NO, no.. Definitely kidding.
:D
zmccain

Post by zmccain »

NOW we're talkin'! Now THAT was an episode of Twin Peaks!
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

This episode made me extremely happy.

Also, the ending song had me thinking about The Return in context of a big, supernatural Western expanding on fear/love/good/evil through the same cosmic lens established by Fire Walk With Me.

Naido! Also, I loved Cole's dream sequence. One of my favorite scenes so far.