Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

blackcoffeemoonlight

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by blackcoffeemoonlight »

Green glove Freddy better watch that nasty left hook from Battlin Bushnell Mullins
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Wow -- instant classic TP episode. I'm reeling from all the cool stuff in here just as much as everyone else.

The Janey-E + Diane connection is a pretty huge reveal, and I definitely did NOT see that coming. Interesting though that from her reaction in the FBI meeting, she seemed sorta on their side again. Still antagonistic, but also troubled and concerned about what was all taking shape here.

Andy meeting the Giant? Amazing. That could have come off as so weird, and yet it just worked so perfectly. Andy seems plugged in a weird way -- think back to the end of season two where he gets so mesmerized by the Owl Cave map.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

garethw wrote:
asmahan wrote:Crazy episode, probably a new favorite... but wtf the Lessie scene about? Really the opposite tone of most of the Roadhouse performances thus far :|
And why does (admittedly brief) googling not turn up anything for this band? Is it fictitious?
I think you're probably misspelling it. Lissie.

But afaik nobody has ever mentioned the fact that she was going to appear despite being on the cast list (under her real name). I thought Vedder and the Veils were the only bands left we hadn't seen, so I was very surprised when the MC threw it to her.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

thedarktrees wrote:Wow -- instant classic TP episode. I'm reeling from all the cool stuff in here just as much as everyone else.

The Janey-E + Diane connection is a pretty huge reveal, and I definitely did NOT see that coming. Interesting though that from her reaction in the FBI meeting, she seemed sorta on their side again. Still antagonistic, but also troubled and concerned about what was all taking shape here.

Andy meeting the Giant? Amazing. That could have come off as so weird, and yet it just worked so perfectly. Andy seems plugged in a weird way -- think back to the end of season two where he gets so mesmerized by the Owl Cave map.
I was pretty happy to see Andy there, too. And interesting that Lucy was in his vision, too.

His courage is matched only by the size of his heart. A rare combination indeed.
blackcoffeemoonlight

Can anyone forecast Diane's angle in all of this - her motivations for good or evil and where we are headed with her storyline?

Very unpredictable at this juncture.
Last edited by blackcoffeemoonlight on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

andy sounded so authoritative and confident carrying naido but then sounded like regular old andy in the jail scene. i wonder if he remembers everything.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

blackcoffeemoonlight wrote:Can anyone forecast Diane's angle in all of this - her motivations for good or evil and where we are headed with her storyline?

Very unpredictable at his juncture.
yeah don't know. part of me thinks diane is lying about janey-e so she can get the fbi to vegas.
Last edited by djsunyc on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

garethw wrote:
djsunyc wrote:i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
There's some unspeakable Evil lurking behind that door. Perhaps newly-found footage of Evelyn Marsh.
What kind of a mind imagines such a thing?! :shock:

:lol:
QuantumMechanic

Post by QuantumMechanic »

Is NeckBiteSarah the Sarah we've been seeing or is she a doppelganger? (Also makes me wonder about the safety of deliveryboy.)

If Sarah is now Mother/Experiment (or at least hosting it), and with the Fireman showing Andy the Mother/Experiment and showing him Laura, and Andy somehow being "told" that someone's out to kill Naido, could that mean that Laura's spirit is is Naido?
That gum you like is going to come back in style.
blackcoffeemoonlight

Will we get to open that door in the great northern basement and see what lies behind it producing the humming noise Ben and Ashley Judd are hearing?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

blackcoffeemoonlight wrote:Will we get to open that door in the great northern basement and see what lies behind it producing the humming noise Ben and Ashley Judd are hearing?
If it's not Josie trying to hold back the Woodsmen I'll be a little disappointed.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
nick1218
Roadhouse Member

Post by nick1218 »

With the green glove story, it has me wondering if Naomi had been sucked up to get her super human strentgh
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

wild guess/theory here but are audrey and tina the same person?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

My prediction for the finale is:
Spoiler:
10 minutes of introducing brand new characters, then 15 minutes of Nadine and green-glove boy beating Evil Coop with golden shovels, follow by 90 minutes of Dell Mibbler sweeping up the Roadhouse. And then 5 minutes of Ed still eating his soup.
Just saying.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

1! 1! 9!