Page 1 of 4

Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:17 pm
by Jerry Horne
I'm trying to make a complete list. Can anybody let me know if I missed anyone? Thanks!

SERIES:
ROYCE D. APPLEGATE (Rev. Clarence Brocklehurst)
JAMES BOOTH (Ernie Niles)
JOHN BOYLAN (Mayor Milford)
DON CALFA (Vice Principal Greege)
CATHERINE COULSON (The Log Lady)
ROYAL DANO (Judge Sternwood)
DON S. DAVIS (Major Briggs)
MIGUEL FERRER (Albert Rosenfield)
GALYN GöRG (Nancy O'Reilly)
JANE GREER (Vivian Niles)
RODNEY HARVEY (Biker Scott)
TONY JAY (Dougie Milford)
PEGGY LIPTON (Norma Jennings)
JACK NANCE (Pete)
DAN O'HERLIHY (Andrew Packard)
FRANK SILVA (BOB)
RON TAYLOR (Coach Wingate)
MAE WILLIAMS (Mrs Tremond #2)
HANK WORDEN (Waiter)
ED WRIGHT (Dell Mibbler)

FWWM:
DAVID BOWIE (Phillip Jeffries)
PAMELA GIDLEY (Teresa Banks)
CALVIN LOCKHART (The Electrician)

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:20 pm
by coolspringsj
Hey Jerry! Great idea!

Can you put next to each name what character they played because some of them are more obscure. I know who most of them are, but some names I don't recognize.

That would be neat to have a TP Graveyard or memorial thread around here somewhere.

Thanks!

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:17 pm
by Jerry Horne
Coolspringsj - If you go to the Archive site, on the right side I started a section called 'Missed' and clicking on a name will take you to a picture of said person. I'm not finished yet and plan to add more info to as many entries as possible.

Also, at the end of episode 8, right before the credits, there is a title card that reads 'Dedicated to the memory of Kevin Young, Jr.' Is this in reference to Kevin Young who played 'Toad'. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:37 pm
by coolspringsj
Jerry Horne wrote:Coolspringsj - If you go to the Archive site, on the right side I started a section called 'Missed' and clicking on a name will take you to a picture of said person. I'm not finished yet and plan to add more info to as many entries as possible.

Also, at the end of episode 8, right before the credits, there is a title card that reads 'Dedicated to the memory of Kevin Young, Jr.' Is this in reference to Kevin Young who played 'Toad'. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I always thought that was Toad, but not 100%.

Also found this on the TPG site-
Rodney Harvey - Scotty (pilot, roadhouse scene)
Died 4/11/98, drug overdose

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:19 pm
by Jerry Horne
Yes, but Toad was in the second season. I'm wondering if his child died or something.

So, Rodney Harvey was one of the biker guys at the roadhouse in the pilot?

Check out this anti-drug promo they did after he died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9RguaCuoP4

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:45 pm
by Audrey Horne
Actually, I believe it was his son who died in an accident over the summer of 1990.

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 pm
by Jerry Horne
Thanks Audrey. Yes, that makes sense time wise. It's odd about Toad because early on for some reason I thought there were two Toads. He looks different in the second season to his (One?) appearance in season one. Hmmm, I must explore this Toad issue...

Also, can anyone refresh my memory on who these characters were in the pilot?
(Update - looks like we've sorted this all out)

Frank Roberts as Father Hutchings (Scene deleted - see post below)
David Wasman as Gilman White (Bobby's Lawyer)
Jane Jones as Margaret Honeycutt (Teacher - "There'll be an announcement from the principal.")
Tawnya Pettiford-Wates as Dr. Shelvy (The Doctor that inspects Ronnette with Cooper)
Shelley Henning as Alice Brady (Bank Employee - "I knew Laura she was always so nice.")
Dorothy Roberts as Mrs. Jackson (Principal's Secretary - "Right now young man!")
Marjorie Nelson as Janice Hogan (Nurse who comforts Sarah)
Ben DiGregorio as Max Hartman (Football Coach)
Diane Caldwell as Julie (Great Northern Staff - "Your wife's on the phone again. She says its urgent.")

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:15 am
by motoko
I believe that Alice Brady was the one in the bank who gave Coop and Harry Laura's safty deposit box (deer head on table - ' Oh, it fell down'). I could be mistaken, though.

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:47 am
by MysteryMan
Jerry Horne wrote:Thanks Audrey. Yes, that makes sense time wise. It's odd about Toad because early on for some reason I thought there were two Toads. He looks different in the second season to his (One?) appearance in season one. Hmmm, I must explore this Toad issue...

Also, can anyone refresh my memory on who these characters were in the pilot?

Frank Roberts as Father Hutchings
David Wasman as Gilman White
Jane Jones as Margaret Honeycutt
Tawnya Pettiford-Wates as Dr. Shelvy (The Doctor that inspects Ronnette with Cooper?)
Shelley Henning as Alice Brady (Teacher - "There'll be an announcement from the principal.")
Dorothy Roberts as Mrs. Jackson (Principal's Secretary - "Right now young man!")
Marjorie Nelson as Janice Hogan
Ben DiGregorio as Max Hartman (Football Coach)
Diane Caldwell as Julie (Great Northern Staff - "Your wife's on the phone again. She says its urgent.")


I believe Gilman White was Bobby's lawyer (who sat with him through the interogation scene)

I think you are wrong about Alice Brady being the teacher, isn't she the bank clerk who hands Cooper and Truman Laura's safety deposit box? Margaret Honeycutt is to my knowledge Laura's teacher, the one who says "There'll be an announcement from the principal."

Janice Hogan I believe is the Palmers' neighbour who is also a nurse, who gives Sarah an injection to calm down from her screams when Truman questions her. I could be mistaken about this one...

I cannot recall any Father Hutchings in the pilot. But I think I remember reading that he is in the script, that he comes to give comfort to Sarah. Perhaps his scene was cut at the last minute?

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:54 am
by Jerry Horne
Thanks MM - I'm going through the transcript on Glastonberry Grove right now. The transcript says Alice Brady was the teacher. Still working on it - thanks!

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 am
by MysteryMan
Jerry Horne wrote:Thanks MM - I'm going through the transcript on Glastonberry Grove right now. The transcript says Alice Brady was the teacher. Still working on it - thanks!


I have consulted my copy of the screenplay. According to the original script:

"INT. CLASSROOM - DAY

Senior Home Room class. MARGARET HONEYCUTT, the teacher, is
calling the roll.

HONEYCUTT
...Terry Franklin...

The kids raises their hands as she calls their names."

And then later in the scene with Laura's safety deposit box...:

" INT. BANK - DAY

Cooper and Steadman are being lead into a back room by ALICE
BRADY, a uniformed bank guard. During below, she retrieves
Laura's safety deposit box.

ALICE
(slightly hysterical)
I knew Laura she was always so nice--

COOPER
When was the last time she came in?"

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 pm
by Jerry Horne
MM - Thank you! I was hoping someone with a script would pop on here. Well, it seems Glastonberry Grove got it wrong.

"I cannot recall any Father Hutchings in the pilot. But I think I remember reading that he is in the script, that he comes to give comfort to Sarah. Perhaps his scene was cut at the last minute?"

Can you confirm if he is in your script?

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 pm
by MysteryMan
Jerry Horne wrote:MM - Thank you! I was hoping someone with a script would pop on here. Well, it seems Glastonberry Grove got it wrong.

"I cannot recall any Father Hutchings in the pilot. But I think I remember reading that he is in the script, that he comes to give comfort to Sarah. Perhaps his scene was cut at the last minute?"

Can you confirm if he is in your script?


Only happy to help :-)

Yes, I checked with the script and he is in the scene where Sarah is questioned by Truman (Steadman in the script).

I have pasted in this part of the script below.

STEADMAN
Do you recall the time?

SARAH
I was combing my hair...

STEADMAN
You were getting ready for bed.

SARAH
Yes. Leland was just coming home...

She fades. Steadman realizes the interrogation is effectively
coming to an end. The doorbell rings. Janice moves to the
door, opens it and admits FATHER CLARENCE HUTCHINSON, a
rumpled, white-haired Episcopalian minister.

JANICE
Father...

FATHER CLARENCE
(nods, quietly)
How is she?

Janice takes his hat and coat.

JANICE
She's been asking for you.

Clarence moves into the living room Steadman rises.

FATHER CLARENCE
(nodding to the other
men)
Sarah?

Sarah looks up at him. Blinks. He takes her hand, sits beside
her.

SARAH
There's no more pain now, is there?

CLARENCE
(gently, soothing)
Our thoughts and prayers guide her
to her rest. And she is at peace,
Sarah. The peace of the just and the
good.

Sarah sits back, finding some comfort in his words. Returning
from the kitchen, Andy signals Steadman over to him.

ANDY
(quietly urgent)
That was Lucy. Got a call from a guy
works up at the mill, Janek Pulaski.
Says his daughter didn't come home
last night. And she didn't show up
at school today either.

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 pm
by Jerry Horne
Bravo MM! Interesting, so that's why Janice gets up off the couch. One more quick question for you. Remember the guy that Catherine fires at the mill? Can you let me know the spelling in the script. The first name is Fred, but I've seen the last name spelled several different ways. Thanks!

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:45 pm
by MysteryMan
Jerry Horne wrote:Bravo MM! Interesting, so that's why Janice gets up off the couch. One more quick question for you. Remember the guy that Catherine fires at the mill? Can you let me know the spelling in the script. The first name is Fred, but I've seen the last name spelled several different ways. Thanks!


In the script it says Fred Truax.

Quote:

In a hallway, listening to Giovanna on one of the loud
speakers.

KATHERINE
(to the speaker)
Bitch!

She turns and sees startled MILL WORKER standing behind her,
hat in hand.

KATHERINE
What's you name?

WORKER
Fred Truax.

KATHERINE
You're fired!

She storms off.