Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by qbin2001 »

I was hoping that we'll finally see some of the stuff that Jerry have (Invitation to love and others). Too bad they didn't wanted it :-(
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:I was hoping that we'll finally see some of the stuff that Jerry have (Invitation to love and others). Too bad they didn't wanted it :-(
They had free and clear access to Invitation to Love but Lynch apparently declined. I've had multiple crew members tell me that Lynch was not the biggest fan of Invitation to Love.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:I was hoping that we'll finally see some of the stuff that Jerry have (Invitation to love and others). Too bad they didn't wanted it :-(
They had free and clear access to Invitation to Love but Lynch apparently declined. I've had multiple crew members tell me that Lynch was not the biggest fan of Invitation to Love.
I love David, but sometimes I'm very mad at him!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:Restoration comparison of the zoom-in on Jacoby scene:

Not exactly sure why they changed the timing so much.
Me too. It breaks that great transition. Maybe the first part (with full face) was damaged too much, and they have to choose what to do?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
I love David, but sometimes I'm very mad at him!
Agreed...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:

Me too. It breaks that great transition. Maybe the first part (with full face) was damaged too much, and they have to choose what to do?
I'm guessing it had to do with damage as well. Too bad.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Can I just say a massive thank-you to Dugpa, Jerry and anyone else who contributed to this set. Amazing to see the fans come together to help create such an awesome product for us all. I'll be thinking of you all as I marathon through this mammoth BD set! :D
Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:

I'm guessing it had to do with damage as well. Too bad.
Won't it be because the fade was an optical shot done in standard def? So the choice would've been to either have the "fade" of the Jacoby shot in SD or trim the shot (of the fade) and recreate it in HD.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

Package has been transferred to the USPS and will be delivered by your local postal office - July 28, 2014 11:20:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Could have had it today but stupid Amazon sent it fed ex smartpost and without a vehicle there is no way to get to the post office to pick it up now. Ugh it is going to be a long 24 hours.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Coffee wrote:Can I just say a massive thank-you to Dugpa, Jerry and anyone else who contributed to this set. Amazing to see the fans come together to help create such an awesome product for us all. I'll be thinking of you all as I marathon through this mammoth BD set! :D
Thanks Coffee, we should also add special thanks to Qbin, Audrey Horne and Jlyon1515. I'm sure I'm forgetting and/or not knowing of others. Dugpa's involvement was HUGE. I can't wait to see his documentary.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Someone should assemble a torrent titled 'and the missing missing pieces'. ;)
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Thanks Coffee, we should also add special thanks to Qbin, Audrey Horne and Jlyon1515. I'm sure I'm forgetting and/or not knowing of others. Dugpa's involvement was HUGE. I can't wait to see his documentary.
Personally I'd like to thank Dugpa - without him many things in that box wouldn't be possible. Yes, his involvement was HUGE. Without him and his passion and hard work many things wouldn't be done. I hope he will find the time to tell the story about it soon.

And also many thanks to others who helped make it happen - bringing small lost treasures you'll find in that box or just info needed to make it happen: Audrey, Jlyon1515, Bring Back Twin Peaks, Jerry Horne, Ross and probably few others I forget to mention. Thank you for all your help to make it happen!
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Has anyone in Canada received their boxset? I am planning to drive to Burlington Vermont (from Montreal) to buy a copy because I can't stand the bilingual packaging of most DVDs up here. It has nothing to do with the either of the languages (I speak both) but I find when they put both languages on DVDs and Blurays everything is squished and looks like shit. If you have it would you mind posting a picture of it?
Cheers.
-23-
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Methedrome wrote:Cancelled order from Amazon Canada. Set on hold at local hmv first thing in the morning for an even cheaper price. Thanks Amazon for nothing.
How much is it at hmv?
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

marchug wrote:Has anyone in Canada received their boxset? I am planning to drive to Burlington Vermont (from Montreal) to buy a copy because I can't stand the bilingual packaging of most DVDs up here. It has nothing to do with the either of the languages (I speak both) but I find when they put both languages on DVDs and Blurays everything is squished and looks like shit. If you have it would you mind posting a picture of it?
Cheers.
Um, isn't Plattsburgh, New York closer????
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

The Missing Pieces - what can i say: WOW! BIG BIG BIG WOW!
And the three last scenes - any fan's dreams come true!