Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by Jerry Horne »

Gordon wrote:There are some B/W photos of Tim & Tom's Taxidermy in the Access Guide... I inmediately remembered the book when I saw that still... :D
I LOVE that book! Brings back memories of a time when you could walk into a bookstore and find multiple Twin Peaks items.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Neosmith wrote: I do wish that we'd gotten some more details regarding this - I would love to discuss the doc itself with Dugpa on this forum if possible, as I neglected to do so back in 2010 and the subject seems to have fallen off the radar since.
Glad to discuss. What has been released on the Blu-ray is all of best stories and insights from the interview sessions. The interviews were filmed originally for an MK2 DVD release that never saw the light of day. The footage was filmed between 2004 and 2005.

We only made two cuts of which are featured as Easter Eggs "the Bet" and "the Fight".
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

dugpa wrote:
Neosmith wrote: I do wish that we'd gotten some more details regarding this - I would love to discuss the doc itself with Dugpa on this forum if possible, as I neglected to do so back in 2010 and the subject seems to have fallen off the radar since.
Glad to discuss. What has been released on the Blu-ray is all of best stories and insights from the interview sessions. The interviews were filmed originally for an MK2 DVD release that never saw the light of day. The footage was filmed between 2004 and 2005.

We only made two cuts of which are featured as Easter Eggs "the Bet" and "the Fight".
Oh, wow. This is awesome. Thank you.

I have a few questions about the doc. Please answer them if you feel comfortable.

1. Did you attempt any follow-up interviews for the doc at all? Your original post mentioned you had three more interviews scheduled before the company put the kibosh on the project.

2. When did the project resume? Did CBS/Lauzirika, etc. contact you to get you to come back and edit the material?

3. Given that you had 20 hours originally, did you manage to fit all that you wanted to into the doc as it is now? Or were you envisioning it as a much longer, comprehensive documentary? Were you given a time limit for the doc? Can we expect to see any of the other interviews at some point?

4. Why change the title from "World of Blue"?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I would have liked to follow up with additional interviews but with there being an almost 10 year time gap and having time constraints, we opted to keep everything sourced from the original set of interviews.

At some point in the project I pitched the idea of using the footage to CBS and they agreed.

I was very lucky to have Charlie and editor Marissa Cicero take the footage to the next level.

I think there were a few areas I would have liked to explore like the Cannes and US Premieres, the Music, and maybe even cover the restoration. The problem was that we didn't shoot any footage of Angelo back in 2005 and the US and Cannes interview memories didn't have any good stories. As for the restoration, it was literally done weeks before disc lock as David didn't like the MK2 transfer and requested a brand new transfer for FWWM from the original negative.

I don't expect to see the other interviews as what was released is really the best of the bunch.

The title seemed more appropriate and happens to be one of my favorite songs from the film.

I'm glad to finally get the footage out and hope you all enjoy it. It was made for the hardcore fans that wanted to get that extra insight from some of the folks that have never spoken about the film before.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Now that I've seen the missing pieces, Moving Through Time is one of the things I'm more excited to see on my upcoming set. Heard it's a real treat.
Thanks for everything Dugpa :)
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Did the deleted scenes from that bootleg disc that was floating around make the set?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Only the ones that were in the Gold Box.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

rocketsan22 wrote:Did the deleted scenes from that bootleg disc that was floating around make the set?
No.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Japanese FWWM release back in the 90's! Take a look at Coop in the Black Lodge!

Roomservice...
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

Can anybody tell me once and for all, if the US release is really region free? I've just noticed a popped up R1 sign in the American release description on amazon. I can't figure out, how such an important information can be negligently treated like this. I remember, the UK release was marked as R2, that's why I decided to avoid any risk purchasing the American one. Now these things are happening..., and it contradicts the confirmation of region free release allegedly made by amazon to welcometotwinpeaks.com You know, it's driving me crazy... Is it just some weird game, which rules I can't penetrate or what? Sorry, I'm a bit irritated now, because the parcel with the box is almost at my door and I don't know what to think. MAYDAY!!!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

nemo wrote:Can anybody tell me once and for all, if the US release is really region free? I've just noticed a popped up R1 sign in the American release description on amazon. I can't figure out, how such an important information can be negligently treated like this. I remember, the UK release was marked as R2, that's why I decided to avoid any risk purchasing the American one. Now these things are happening..., and it contradicts the confirmation of region free release allegedly made by amazon to welcometotwinpeaks.com You know, it's driving me crazy... Is it just some weird game, which rules I can't penetrate or what? Sorry, I'm a bit irritated now, because the parcel with the box is almost at my door and I don't know what to think. MAYDAY!!!
It's a Region Free release worldwide, don't worry :)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

One thing I really wish was on the set is a feature on the deleted scenes themselves. About why they were cut, the mystique surrounding them, why it took 22 years to release them, and about the actual restoration work, editing, and music choices.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote:One thing I really wish was on the set is a feature on the deleted scenes themselves. About why they were cut, the mystique surrounding them, why it took 22 years to release them, and about the actual restoration work, editing, and music choices.
Definitely, they have a legacy of their own.
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

It's a Region Free release worldwide, don't worry
Thank you Sam! Nice to hear it was a false alarm! I've just received the box, but it will take some time, till I join the conversation leaving my comments. I'd like to start with the series first, then watch the movie and after that the deleted scenes.
JumpWithSigm&Phi

Post by JumpWithSigm&Phi »

Hello to all, new member here but fan of Twin peaks since the beginning I finally have time to watch all the fantastic features on the blue-ray and I have a question: where are the season one pictures from the ski trip from ? I can't remember if they appear in the show?

Another thing, I love the fact that in the deleted scenes (from the show) we learn that Johnny Horne may have a secret that could explain his state. When Jacoby say to Audrey mother that he isn't like this because of Audrey but because he choose to be like this. It was very interesting, and should season 3 have happened maybe we would have learned more about Johnny.