Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:
Ross wrote:Restoration comparison of the zoom-in on Jacoby scene:

Not exactly sure why they changed the timing so much.
This is a strange one. The Gold Box was used as a reference to match on timing. I also checked on the Gold Box and verified that timing and framing between Gold Box and new HD upgrade for Blu match.

As to where the comparison "Before" clip came from... I haven't the slightest idea.
Thanks Dugpa- you are right! The timing/framing of the new blu ray DOES match what is on the Gold box. Strange! Anyone know where the "Before" footage used here is from?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Got the box today and.......

OH MY GOD, you can touch the dead Laura on the box, you can feel her face! :o :shock: :cry: :) :o :shock:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

As for collectors supplying stuff... I can see why they wouldnt just want to turn over something without any terms - I mean, I would at least want a credit ensured or a thanks in fine print. On the other hand, I also wouldnt let on that I have something that I'm not ever going to share. It's one thing to hoard for one's self and one's private enjoyment, it's another to brag about it in the open.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Just realized that some scenes from FWWM are not "deleted" or "extended". Thay are the same from different camera angle.
For exemple the scene where Laura quit the Meals on Wheels, the scene where she takes a hit and Jacobi calls, the little man with the ring and Cooper.
It would be a very hard work to edit together the missing pieces and the movie.... Just saying...
Roomservice...
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

"Diane, I'm holding in my hand a small box of poly carbonate resin..."
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

There are so many amazing moments to talk about in the deleted scenes, but one of the little ones is Sheryl Lee's performance during her scene with Dr. Jacoby. She takes a few snorts of coke just before he calls, and the way she plays Laura during that phonecall -- from start to finish -- is totally brilliant. Same goes for her and Dana Ashbrook in that short scene in the school hallway when she teases about killing "Mike" and he flips out.

So many great moments from these fine actors that we get to see now. Thank you to everyone who helped make the Missing Pieces come to life for us to finally see!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

skawitch wrote:I'm not speaking on behalf of any of the contributors here hopesfall, but I'm a life long film buff. I'm particularly a fan of silent cinema where there are a lot off issues regarding collectors holding copies of films/material which is no longer available.

Without going into long stories there's two sides to the issue: there are collectors who collect and hold on to films simply for there own purposes and get a kick out of knowing other people can't see it. In my experience these collectors are few and far between. On the other hand there are a lot of collectors who have invested significant portions of their time, money and lives tracking down rare material that the studios couldn't be bothered to put the effort into preserving. There is a long and storied history of collectors being sued for holding copyrighted material, having collections broken up, confiscated or destroyed as well as companies having the material given to them and not handling it the correct way and destroying it. As such collectors can worry about handing the stuff over. On top of this it's only fair for the collectors to receive some reward for providing stuff to the companies that they didn't take care of and that the collectors invested a lot into.
Very well said. A friend of mine has some utterly unique Twin Peaks outtakes. I asked him if he is going to offer it to CBS/Paramount and he basically said "Why should I hand it over to these big companies that neglected these materials so poorly in the first place"?

Speaking for myself, I've spent a massive amount of money and time tracking down rare TP stuff. I've paid good money to crew and cast for this stuff. They knew that the companies wanted the stuff but, shock! horror! they wanted cold cash! And without endless negotiations! By the way, there were two crew members who asked my repeatedly, "You're not with (insert big company name here) are you"? They just didn't want to deal with them. I think there is a certain amount of fear with some cast/crew about stuff they held on to.

Now, having said all that and now that the set is released and we know what's on there, may I suggest you keep an eye on:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinPeaksAr ... ature=mhee

I uploaded a deleted scene a year ago and it's still up. Maybe this bodes well for the future.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Do you know how hard it is to be staring at this box...stuck at work all day? Luckily I was able to snag on on my way into work...can't wait to get home.

Think I'm coming down with the sniffles...better clock off early...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Every sound I hear sounds like a UPS truck in my driveway! I don't watch TP, or even the extras, during the day so I don't know why I'm so anxious.

Tonight the fun begins.

-------------------------------------------------------

Pace the floor, stop and stare
I drink a cup of coffee
Start to pulling out my hair

[CHORUS]
I drink forty cups of coffee
Forty cups of coffee
Forty cups of coffee
Waiting for you to come home

A quarter to twelve
And you're still not in
The way you run around
Is a doggone sin

[Repeat CHORUS]

Forty cups of coffee
Forty cups of coffee
Forty cups of coffee

A quarter to three
I start watching the clock
The phone won't ring
So I'm waiting for your knock

[Repeat CHORUS]

A quarter to four
You ain't got home yet
I try to be cool
And smoke a cigarette

[Repeat CHORUS]

You knock on the door
About a quarter to five
I wanna hug you and kiss you
And say thank God that you're alive

I drank forty cups of coffee
(Forty cups of coffee)
Forty cups of coffee
(Forty cups of coffee)
Forty cups of coffee
But I'm glad you finally came home
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Mine just arrived!! :D
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Whoever said there's about 45 minutes of material still out there for FWWM is probably not wrong, there's a good chunk of stuff in the script-to-screen analysis that isn't in The Missing Pieces. What is there though is beautiful, some of that should have been left in (particularly the Hayward home scene). What was the shot of the church about though?
SBZ

Post by SBZ »

Like I said, not the most visually appealing contents in the booklet, though they did go to the effort of putting a "TOP SECRET" mark on Major Briggs's card and printing the trivia answers upside-down!
Also worth noting that, as the Japanese set came in the larger outside box it doesn't include the transparent backpiece that all the other sets seem to have. And the shirt is a size M, in American sizing I would assume based on how it fits (there was no choice of size so I assume M is all that was made).
Attachments
IMG_3292.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG (385.93 KiB) Viewed 9282 times
IMG_3293.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG (359.58 KiB) Viewed 9282 times
IMG_3294.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG (341.96 KiB) Viewed 9282 times
IMG_3295.JPG
IMG_3295.JPG (361.35 KiB) Viewed 9282 times
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

rewak wrote:Whoever said there's about 45 minutes of material still out there for FWWM is probably not wrong, there's a good chunk of stuff in the script-to-screen analysis that isn't in The Missing Pieces. What is there though is beautiful, some of that should have been left in (particularly the Hayward home scene). What was the shot of the church about though?
Surely it makes sense when we have angels appearing in FWWM? Also, there is a prominent crucifix on the wall next to Annie at the end.

Which other scenes were most likely filmed but not in these Missing Pieces? If not, why would they be excluded? :?
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

Listening to the Palmer family practice norwegian is priceless, especially for a norwegian, like myself :-)
The Hayward family house scene is gold - the last 15 secs is really powerful - can't understand why it was left out.
Don't you all wish you had an uncle like Ray Wise?! He must be the one of the nicest people on this planet.
Can't get enough of the David Bowie scene....or the Kiefer Sutherland/Chris Isak scenes....or the......:-)
BobSmith

Post by BobSmith »

URGH.... reading all this is killing me... I need my copy!!!! :lol: :twisted: