Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by dugpa »

Ross wrote:Restoration comparison of the zoom-in on Jacoby scene:

Not exactly sure why they changed the timing so much.
This is a strange one. The Gold Box was used as a reference to match on timing. I also checked on the Gold Box and verified that timing and framing between Gold Box and new HD upgrade for Blu match.

As to where the comparison "Before" clip came from... I haven't the slightest idea.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Si78 »

I got my shipping notification from UPS. It will be here tomorrow. I am so excited I can't sleep. I just realized it was comic-con weekend. My dad took me to SDCC in 1992 and I found the FWWM script before the movie had even come out. I read it immediately. I can't believe I have been imaging these scenes for almost exactly 22 years, and now I am going to see them.
SBZ

Post by SBZ »

I didn't notice any sync issues with the deleted scenes on my set - watched on an (American) PS3.

The booklet that comes with the Japanese version is essentially just translations of the text from the trading cards (presumably the only easy way to provide those translations). I believe the Japanese Gold Box came with something similar? It also has a breakdown of the disc contents/special features, again translated into Japanese. I can provide some photos of this if there's any interest, but it's basically just a lot of Japanese text.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

TheArm wrote:...and that bit with Laura smiling at the fan is TERRIFYING.
AGREED.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

If anyone is experiencing audio sync issues on your player (incl. PS3) disabling the 1080p/24 output setting should work. Someone on Twitter just confirmed to me that it did the trick.
TwinPeaksGrrl

Post by TwinPeaksGrrl »

Just joined the forum to say how absolutely amazing this release is. I never thought the day would come and today I spent all day watching and re-watching the Missing Pieces and FWWM as well as Episodes 1-7. It is like I am in this dream world that I never thought I would visit again.

I found no audio issues on my set and I also have the PS3. Speaking of audio, everything sounds so crisp and clean. I watched on Netflix several months back and it was like night and day.

So thank you to CBS, Paramount, and those on this forum that from the looks of it had a heavy hand in making this a dream come true.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Congrats everybody! The day has finally come!
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.18.11 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-07-28 at 11.18.11 PM.png (249.8 KiB) Viewed 9565 times
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

Bought a blu ray player and set it up yesterday, waiting for a text message from my wife to say that it's been delivered, have the afternoon booked off. I genuinely feel like a kid at Christmas. Can't say a big enough thanks to everyone who contributed in either a big or small way to getting this out.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

BobCooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by BobCooper »

It felt like Christmas morning yesterday, as my tracking order had said it would be coming a daily early. The Missing Pieces is everything I'd hoped for, it was a magical experience watching it. I'd say at least half the scenes are as good or better than what is in Fire Walk With Me, the full version of the Philip Jeffries scene is my favorite thing from the entire Fire Walk With Me era. The ending also throws in a bit of a new curveball. I loved the Lynch/Palmers interview too, watching that actually made me hopeful about the franchise having a future. Regardless of what happens though, I'm thrilled to have all of this new content to sink my teeth into.
BobCooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by BobCooper »

Also, being the Twin Peaks nut that I am, I made a form so everybody can rate every single scene from The Missing Pieces on the early beta version of a site I'm working on. If you don't have your copy yet, it's a full list of every Missing Pieces scene and the primary characters featured in them (barring the Black Lodge inhabitants or it'd get too long):

http://www.everater.com/twin-peaks-the-missing-pieces/
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

In regards to things that could have been provided by collectors but wasn't, and i mean this in the nicest way possible, but wouldn't being credited for sharing it with fellow fans be reward enough? There are lots of other people out there who would kill to see these things.

If it was me personally, i'd jump at the chance to be part of something so special, and would ask for nothing in return, knowing it would go towards something that would be available worldwide to other fans. Were they threatening to keep the source material or something? Because then i'd probably understand. I'd hate to think that yet another box set would have to be released in future with even more "unreleased" stuff on.

Just to reiterate, because plain text can be misconstrued, this is a friendly, nice enquiry. :lol:

EDIT: Awful spelling. I must be relying on autocorrect a bit too much these days. :wink:
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

I'm not speaking on behalf of any of the contributors here hopesfall, but I'm a life long film buff. I'm particularly a fan of silent cinema where there are a lot off issues regarding collectors holding copies of films/material which is no longer available.

Without going into long stories there's two sides to the issue: there are collectors who collect and hold on to films simply for there own purposes and get a kick out of knowing other people can't see it. In my experience these collectors are few and far between. On the other hand there are a lot of collectors who have invested significant portions of their time, money and lives tracking down rare material that the studios couldn't be bothered to put the effort into preserving. There is a long and storied history of collectors being sued for holding copyrighted material, having collections broken up, confiscated or destroyed as well as companies having the material given to them and not handling it the correct way and destroying it. As such collectors can worry about handing the stuff over. On top of this it's only fair for the collectors to receive some reward for providing stuff to the companies that they didn't take care of and that the collectors invested a lot into.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

From the blu-ray.com forum:

Never seen Twin Peaks before (and loving it so far ) and don't know why but had a feeling to check for Easter eggs as seems to be that type of show that would have them and there is .Press right when highlighting Play all and get a small white box and there are loads of them (so far 9 ) on disc 1 ,to get the rest just keep pressing right and down and you should find them , enjoy hunting.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

BobCooper wrote:Also, being the Twin Peaks nut that I am, I made a form so everybody can rate every single scene from The Missing Pieces on the early beta version of a site I'm working on. If you don't have your copy yet, it's a full list of every Missing Pieces scene and the primary characters featured in them (barring the Black Lodge inhabitants or it'd get too long):

http://www.everater.com/twin-peaks-the-missing-pieces/
Nice! Where do the titles come from? Aren't the scene presented like a film without black titles in between?