Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by bosguy1981 »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:Hey everyone, so I just conducted an interview with Ray Wise for something he's involved in unrelated to Twin Peaks for the Nerdist, which I write for-the interview won't run for a while,but I did get this bit of info out of him towards the end. He has shot something with David Lynch, along with Sheryl Lee and Grace Zabriskie. He said it was something of "sit down" so maybe it's just an interview like "Slice of Lynch" was for the 2007 set? He did say there were many more surprises on this set. And he did confirm the Blu-ray set would have Fire Walk With Me. That's all I got out of him regarding Peaks...but it's something!
YES!!!

I had a feeling they'd do another "Slice of Lynch" for FWWM and it would be with those three. I'd like to think I willed it to happen. :wink:

It makes me so happy to think we'll see the Palmer family reunited again. I know Sheryl and Ray have done TP events together before, but have all three actors been together for anything since FWWM? LOVE IT. Now I need to get a Bluray player already!
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:Hey everyone, so I just conducted an interview with Ray Wise for something he's involved in unrelated to Twin Peaks for the Nerdist, which I write for-the interview won't run for a while,but I did get this bit of info out of him towards the end. He has shot something with David Lynch, along with Sheryl Lee and Grace Zabriskie. He said it was something of "sit down" so maybe it's just an interview like "Slice of Lynch" was for the 2007 set? He did say there were many more surprises on this set. And he did confirm the Blu-ray set would have Fire Walk With Me. That's all I got out of him regarding Peaks...but it's something!
I could kiss you. Did you happen to ask him if the FWWM deleted scenes will be on there?
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
I could kiss you. Did you happen to ask him if the FWWM deleted scenes will be on there?
No...believe me, If I could have, I would have talked Twin Peaks with him the whole interview, but it was for something else he's doing that comes out next month. I figured he probably got a scolding for spilling the beans about what he did do for the Blu-ray set, so all I asked him was "So, without getting you in any hot water, do Twin Peaks fans have reasonable cause to be happy in 2014? You can just answer yes, no or maybe" He laughed and told me what I said earlier...he gave me more info than I was expecting, but he didn't divulge anything about the deleted scenes. But he did confirm FWWM as part of the package. But he also said there would be many more surprises, so maybe that was a reference to the deleted scenes...or maybe something else?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
No...believe me, If I could have, I would have talked Twin Peaks with him the whole interview, but it was for something else he's doing that comes out next month. I figured he probably got a scolding for spilling the beans about what he did do for the Blu-ray set, so all I asked him was "So, without getting you in any hot water, do Twin Peaks fans have reasonable cause to be happy in 2014? You can just answer yes, no or maybe" He laughed and told me what I said earlier...he gave me more info than I was expecting, but he didn't divulge anything about the deleted scenes. But he did confirm FWWM as part of the package. But he also said there would be many more surprises, so maybe that was a reference to the deleted scenes...or maybe something else?
Well whatever it is, I'm extremely excited and very grateful to you for asking him. Thanks a lot! :mrgreen:
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

From David Lynch voice himself!! :D

Thanks to welcometotwinpeaks.com

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/davi ... ay-rumors/
Roomservice...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

piero wrote:From David Lynch voice himself!! :D

Thanks to welcometotwinpeaks.com

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/davi ... ay-rumors/
Not sure if there was any new info there we already didn't know?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

That's great info GreekBoyEric74, thanks for sharing :)
BobSmith

Post by BobSmith »

Fantastic news, thanks Eric.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Hey qbin2001, I took my scene from episode 8 (S02E01), when they're doing a recollection of Laura's murder at the conference room.
I suppose your scene is from the pilot, when Truman and Cooper are visiting the crime sight? That also looked good on the DVD.
Check that scene on episode 8 to see if there was any improvement with the HD :)
Ah, here's the problem. The scene you are talking about is FX scene with long shot from Cooper, then over doughnuts to crying Andy, with overexposed scenes from the previous episodes (that picture is one of them). The problem is that this long shot over doughnuts on a film was missing in the archives. So they used 20 years old (in old TV standard resolution) tape with original episode from ABC's archives. If they didn't found any new missing films they they can scan in HD to recreate the scene I think will stuck with low resolution. There is a thread on the forum where most of the problematic footage was discussed.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

qbin2001 wrote: Ah, here's the problem. The scene you are talking about is FX scene with long shot from Cooper, then over doughnuts to crying Andy, with overexposed scenes from the previous episodes (that picture is one of them). The problem is that this long shot over doughnuts on a film was missing in the archives. So they used 20 years old (in old TV standard resolution) tape with original episode from ABC's archives. If they didn't found any new missing films they they can scan in HD to recreate the scene I think will stuck with low resolution. There is a thread on the forum where most of the problematic footage was discussed.
Hm, I see. Then I guess what was low resolution stays low even after the HD treatment. Too bad.
Unless they found missing films that they didn't before and that's part of the surprise for the BD release (pretty unlikely).
Anyway, thanks for clearing that out qbin2001 :)

What about BOB's face on the rug?
They should try to recreate the effect of the stain turning into BOB's face, like it was originally intended.
Now they have access to resources they didn't have back in the 90's. That'd be really neat.
The rug scene as it is always seemed kind of dumb and unfinished to me.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:What about BOB's face on the rug?
They should try to recreate the effect of the stain turning into BOB's face, like it was originally intended.
Now they have access to resources they didn't have back in the 90's. That'd be really neat.
The rug scene with BOB face was showed only in TV outside the USA. It wasn't there on the original broadcast. Can anyone from USA verify that? That one should probably be presented as an alternate bonus take.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
The rug scene with BOB face was showed only in TV outside the USA. It wasn't there on the original broadcast. Can anyone from USA verify that? That one should probably be presented as an alternate bonus take.
The rug scene in the original US broadcast was indeed withOUT Bob's face.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

BobSmith wrote:Fantastic news, thanks Eric.
You're welcome guys. I'm just a hardcore Peaks nut like yourselves. Even though I've interviewed a few people I really admire (like Joss Whedon for example) my love of Twin Peaks predates all that, going back to when I was 15 years old in 1990. So hearing Leland's voice come out the other end of my phone was surreal. But awesome.

I will admit, I WAS a little bummed that this is likely just an interview type deal he did with Lynch and the other actors. I'm sure it'll be great and we'll all love it, but I was holding out hope that we might get some kind of Lynch directed "epilogue" to the series set 25 years later, maybe in the Black Lodge. Something like a short film to tie up Cooper's story. But if we get the series in HD, plus the film, PLUS the deleted scenes, plus the USC Q&A's, plus whatever other new special features they give us (not to mention all the excellent old ones) it's really more than we could have ever hoped even a year ago.
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

According to David Lynch 'Fire Walk With Me' will not be included in the Blu Ray box set after all, just the pilot, series one and series two... :(
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
The rug scene in the original US broadcast was indeed withOUT Bob's face.
Yep, here in Brazil we always got the rug scene with the bubble effect of BOB's face.
Apparently they couldn't finish that effect in time, that's why the US only got the stain.

I wish they'd make an improvement of that tho. At least make the stain red to look like blood.
Everybody keeps asking me "What is that shadow that Laura's cousin sees on the rug?" lol