TURNING THE GOLD BOX INTO A PLATINUM BOX

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Daniel Knox

TURNING THE GOLD BOX INTO A PLATINUM BOX

Post by Daniel Knox »

Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely happy to have the wonderful gift that the GOLD BOX is. But being a completeist, this is what I would do to make it a PLATINUM BOX:

- FWWM Special Edition with Deleted Scenes obviously
- Laura's Diary & Cooper's Bio with new introductions by Jen Lynch & Scott Frost
- Coopers Tapes on CD
- All 3 soundtracks and both Julee Cruise albums including bonus tracks on CD
- Complete "Invitation To Love" episodes as a bonus feature.
- NO Season 3 Graphic novel. That was a stupid idea and I'm relieved it never happened.
- As mentioned earlier, a documentary about the WIP guys
- More interviews. Where is Sherrif Truman? Others?
- An interactive version of the Board Game
- Easter Eggs!!!! Jeez! Where are they? If ever a DVD set should have them it's this one.
- The "previously on Twin Peaks" & "last time on Twin Peaks" montages as an option. I don't believe they lost these. They're on the VHS set.
- Anyone see the weird japanese documentary that comes with the Japanese laserdisc set? That or scenes from that would've been cool

I know this would cost a fortune. But who here wouldn't pay top dollar for a set like that?

Any one got any other ideas?
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

A house in Twin Peaks, vip tables at the roadhouse, David himself as your personal entertainer.. :x
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
Daniel Knox

Post by Daniel Knox »

ouch
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Most of the items you listed are very far-fetched. It's nice to dream though.

Just fresh in-studio commentaries for me.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Daniel Knox

Post by Daniel Knox »

I thought de Lauzirika made a good point though, about Lynch not wanting commentaries. Things like the books, the music, etc take you futher into the Twin Peaks world, where behind the scenes stuff takes you out of it.
xman
Roadhouse Member

Post by xman »

A Platinum set would clearly have to be Blu Ray (or HD or both--just think how great this would look!)

That alone would be a great selling point. Adding the 'previously on Twin Peaks' items would be nice as well. Throw in a couple of interviews, some platinum postcards, and maybe some Festival footage and we have the makings of a winner.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

But who here wouldn't pay top dollar for a set like that?
Unfortunately Daniel, all my dollars are like (sob) half dollars. Actually they're more like dimes. But yes, if I had it the green, it would great to have a deluxe set like that. The show deserves it. But this is all assuming I have *cough* the plasma tv, screening room, etc. etc. so it's perfect.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.
Judy

PLATINUM

Post by Judy »

I'd have to sell my house and car to get it but I don't really need that stuff anyway.
So let us in walking gently upon the Earth leave behind a simple legacy, that we are warriors--MYSTIC WARRIORS who love the Earth and try to save it.
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Re: TURNING THE GOLD BOX INTO A PLATINUM BOX

Post by grrlskout »

Don't most fans HAVE most of that stuff already though??? Most of those things are still really easy to find. The cds, the books, ect. And anyone who'd pay a gazillion dollars for that dream boxset would probably already have this stuff. And how many would want to rebuy it?

A rerelease of the cds and books would be nice though. I doubt it would happen, since I don't think they were great sellers to begin with :cry: Those Dale Cooper tapes were EVERYWHERE in cheap bins for a while. Wish I'd thought to buy them up.... *grumble*