Location of Slice of Lynch Doc

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Location of Slice of Lynch Doc

Post by vancurenw »

Does anyone know where the slice of lynch doc was filmed? The shirts say "Sparkwood & 21", but I dont know where or what that is. (if it is a real place)
tomgushue

Post by tomgushue »

Sparkwood and 21 is the intersection in Twin Peaks where Laura jumped off James' bike and ran into the woods the night she was killed.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

It is kind of annoying that there isn't a little booklet that tells you exactly where these things took place. Almost looks like a set-up in LA. Kyle looks like he walked off the set of "Desperate Housewives." But I never knew that David had his own pet name for Kyle, starting with Dune, which is interesting that he'd even mention Dino's name.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Location of Slice of Lynch Doc

Post by Jerry Horne »

vancurenw wrote:Does anyone know where the slice of lynch doc was filmed? The shirts say "Sparkwood & 21", but I dont know where or what that is. (if it is a real place)
From the Charles de Lauzirika interview on this very site!!!

..."A Slice of Lynch" was like mounting a low budget indie film. We had a full crew, four HD cameras, make-up and wardrobe artists, extras, catering...the whole deal. We shot the whole thing in about two hours at the Bigfoot Lodge in the Los Feliz area near Griffith Park and Hollywood. We only had two hours because that was our window of opportunity to get David, Kyle, Madchen and John together all at the same time. And it was particularly intense for me because at the same time, I was working to get Joanna Cassidy on-board to shoot some additional green screen material for the Final Cut of "Blade Runner" the very next day! Fortunately, both shoots went off perfectly...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks Jerry! I feel stoopid :roll:
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

So the shirts must have been made up for the occasion, but are not real? Because the girls in the interview are only wearing them in the beginning and end (before the actors show up and after they "leave").
Charles de Lauzirika

Post by Charles de Lauzirika »

I designed the logo, then our amazing costume designer Oakley Stevenson made the shirts. The idea was that in "real time," this would take place at a fictional present day bar called Sparkwood & 21, but then in "Lynch time," the waitresses would be dressed as if they were in the more retro setting of the Double R...as if David had been transported into the past. It was just a way to visually break things up. And it was meant to be a fun in-joke for fans.

And since I can't think of a single DVD in the history of DVDs that includes a booklet listing all of its interview locations (!), here's the info on that great little bar we shot "A Slice of Lynch" and several of the documentary interviews at:

http://www.bigfootlodge.com/LAhome.html
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Thank you for sharing that link, Charles. I don't think a better ambiance to match that of the TP locale could have been found. It was absolutely eerie watching A Slice of Lynch and so well done. Re-experiencing the show and how beautiful it looks after the remastering is a joy. Huge props to all of you involved.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

That place really does look like it's right out of Twin Peaks! What an inspired choice!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

What a great idea. The location was excellent, and the shirts were awesome. I was sort of hoping that there was a "Sparkwood & 21" out there somewhere. It would be an awesome themed bar, especially if it wasn't over the top and looked like the bar in the documentary.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Tonya J wrote:Thank you for sharing that link, Charles. I don't think a better ambiance to match that of the TP locale could have been found. It was absolutely eerie watching A Slice of Lynch and so well done. Re-experiencing the show and how beautiful it looks after the remastering is a joy. Huge props to all of you involved.
Here, here, I totally agree! Glad you can come in here to answer questions, Charles.
It's great having you participate. Image