Your thoughts on the Twin Peaks Gold Box dvd set

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Richard should be selling his photos again very soon. Anyone interested should snap them up this time as you never know if and when he will offer them again. Erin?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

That would be awesome.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Wow. So i just finished watching the series for the first time in over 10 years. Still amazed at what a great final scene that is in the bathroom. I don't think i'll ever forget that sound when Cooper smashes his head into the mirror. Their might be some slight audio problems right before the end credits roll in episodes 26/27/28/29 Right as the last scene fades and before the credits roll, i seem to hear voices. Maybe i'm just snacking on some of the local mushrooms.

All my discs were fine as far as the menu's go.

Cooper's 'Windom Earle' line in ep. 28 is in fact present on this set. I seem to recall someone said it was missing on the season 2 set. Curious.

I'm looking forward to Dugpa's review.

Nice postcards that came with the set, and in fact i bid on a lot of 4 today on eBay. However, after i lost and they almost fetched $45 (For 4 postcards) I had a moment of clarity and in fact decided that there is no way i'm going to spend loads of money on silly postcards. Besides, i already have an authentic Lynch autograph.

Deleted scenes were a letdown as i had already owned what was on the set (Cleaned up picture my ass! Some of mine are better quality)

I'm off to watch the final two things i need to see. The second season doc and a slice of Lynch. Sweet!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Not that it effects me, as I have a multi-region player, but why has the UK been given the cold shoulder on the second season and gold box?

I am glad that Ridley Scott hasn't forgotten us in the up coming Blade Runner set, but then I guess he wouldn't be allowed back home if he had.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Jerry and Tonya, glad you enjoyed it so much. I really think they did a fantastic job. I've only made it through the first 20 eps, but I've seen them all so much in the past, I think I'm okay.

Jerry, the docs are great, all four of them -and Lynch's is quite candid too. Enjoy!!!

I guess I was all right with the deleted scenes because I wasn't expecting Audrey to be in the Johnny scene -and never knew it existed -I thought she was in the crawl space listening, and it wasn't filmed. So I was more than happy, and loved seeing the dynamic between her and Sylvia.

I only wished there has been more commercials. I loved the old Lucy ones from the first season -and the ones where they promised that Laura's killer would be revealed on the November episode.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

STILL waiting for my Gold Box (and Season 2 soundtrack) to arrive and I had it preordered on Amazon.com for months! Oh, hopefully it will come in the following week. Have been watching the post every day for two weeks but no sign of it yet! Wonder what postcards (hopefully I will get some in my set!) I got and dying to watch new documentaries. Looks like Deleted Scenes are disappointing though (I already had all of them). Whoa is us, we'll probably never see scene of Ben killing Maddy
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jonah wrote:Whoa is us, we'll probably never see scene of Ben killing Maddy
I have a feeling there's no way Lynch would ever let that footage out there. I mean he doesn't even like commentaries because they "demystify the art too much". And I'm sure he would think that seeing Ben kill Maddy would take away from the real experience of the actual Leland scene. In a way, I agree.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Parkamarka

Post by Parkamarka »

Jerry Horne wrote:Cooper's 'Windom Earle' line in ep. 28 is in fact present on this set. I seem to recall someone said it was missing on the season 2 set. Curious.
It's actually missing on my copy of the Gold Set as well as my Season 2 set. Now that is curious.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

WHAT? Are you listining to the original 2.0 audio track?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Parkamarka wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Cooper's 'Windom Earle' line in ep. 28 is in fact present on this set. I seem to recall someone said it was missing on the season 2 set. Curious.
It's actually missing on my copy of the Gold Set as well as my Season 2 set. Now that is curious.
I actually don't have the set yet :( so I can't check, but I think it depends on which audio track you choose. I would assume its there on the original stereo track, and not on the other (the track that was on the season 2 set). Can any one confirm?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

It's on the 2.0 track for sure.
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

Jerry Horne wrote:Richard should be selling his photos again very soon. Anyone interested should snap them up this time as you never know if and when he will offer them again. Erin?
YES! I am on the phone right now talking with Richard about this. We are sorting out some things, but the photos should be available soon(ish). Honestly, it may be a couple months more... I'll keep you posted and as soon as photos are available I will let you know per the usual .... http://www.myspace.com/richardbeymer

Though I will say, it's nice to have the whole gallery on the dvd set. They look great on the "big screen".

I am also looking at different distribution options... What do you think. Would those of you interested in getting prints prefer to order printed photos or just download and print yourself? Any suggestions? Either way, he plans to have them available for a while once they are up.

p.s. I got my box set yesterday!!!! So exciting. I watched the pilot and some of the extras last night.. but was still very exhausted from work and catching up on rest after my LA trip so I am embarrassed to say I fell asleep mid episode. But that's okay... I own that s**t. And to answer your other question, yes, I did go to the TP dvd release party and got a chance to finally meet Brian and Charles (the dvd producer) which was fun. It was very low key and I mostly spent the night catching up with friends etc., but it must be very fulfilling for Charles and team to have it done. I really enjoyed Dugpa's interview with him.

xo
erin
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Erin - I for one would want to get the prints from Richard. I think they would be much better quality then printing them ourselves. It might be more expensive that way but i prefer quality over quantity. One suggestion would be to sell some framed with his autograph on the matte!
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

I am very excited at the prospect of getting a hold of new Richard Beymer prints. I have one proof sheet, and would love a few of the others. I wont miss out this time. (like I did in 2000 or whenever it was that they were last available)
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

Jerry Horne wrote:Erin - I for one would want to get the prints from Richard. I think they would be much better quality then printing them ourselves. It might be more expensive that way but i prefer quality over quantity. One suggestion would be to sell some framed with his autograph on the matte!
Good point. Quality is definitely a concern. We are trying to keep things minimalist for us since it's a DIY operation here... I agree that it will be nice to have him sign all copies that go out, but I don't think it would be possible for all prints to go out that way... Will definitely pass the word though.

We are discussing online print orders, but again... we're not sure of the quality and that's important.