Your thoughts on the Twin Peaks Gold Box dvd set

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

ugh -trying to remember-

first was

Kyle: Next time on Twin Peaks...

(shot of BOB picture?)
Cooper: Ronnette Polaski has awoken from her coma... I'm thinking she'll have quite a story to tell us.

(shot of hand poking through blinds)
Mrs. Tremond: Why don't you ask Mr. Smith next door ...he was Laura's frrrrriend.

(shot of Audrey's saddle shoes, and Blackie's hand on phone receiver)
Truman: Audrey Horne is missing...
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

hmmmm, for the one before Laura's killer was revealed -

(shot of white horse) -no voice over -there was always a still picture when Kyle said, "Next time on Twin Peaks..."

(shot of a boot) -"New shoes" ????!

(shot of Laura's black and white photo)
Audrey: Did kill her ...did... (tried to make it sound like Audrey said, "I did kill her.")
Pierre Tremond

Post by Pierre Tremond »

The ones i remember were from late in the 2nd Season mostly, because I had those on VHS for the longest time...

I do remember that after Episode 14 featured the still shot of Cooper's view of Leland at the Great Northern, checking on him, with Leland's back to the camera looking down and you hear Cooper asking "Are you alright, Leland?", and it had a shot of the Maddy Ferguson crime scene with the Cooper voice over "Audrey, go to your room, and lock the door, No Questions"

I'll have to think on some of the others. The goofiest one was a shot of a high school flying in midair with Nadine shouting "Corkscrew!"

Good times.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think my old tapes are at my mom's -I'll try to get it during Thanksgiving -and transfer them.

for 203 (from what I can remember)
-the letter B?
One Armed Man in bathroom stall
Audrey -"she's ready for her closeup"
This is the diary of Laura Palmer

for 204
Leland in detainment -Dr H -"anyone who's been through what Leland has
"Do you approve of murder, Doctor Hayward?"
"Blood brother, next time I'll take your head off"

for 205
Audrey's letter -"I've gone north -Jack may have the answer. Love, Audrey"
gavel -"What's the temperature of the town? Do they want a trial or a lynching?"
orchid?

for 206
Gordon pointing to One Armed Man
???? can't remember at all

for 207
White horse
Harold's feet hanging?
something with Nadine
Something with Leo's boot
Laura's picture -Audrey -"did kill her. Did."

for 208
Leland's back in Great Northern -Cooper: Leland?
tape recorder -Bobby says something
maddy's crime scene -Cooper: Audrey, go to your room and lock the door. Audrey: Why? Cooper: No questions.

for 209
jail cell door with blood on window -Cooper: Call a doctor!

for 210
Person flying in air -Nadine "CORKSCREW!"
Wheelchair or Bobby in mirror -Shelly: Bobby, Leo moved.

for 211
Denise -"putting on women's clothes relaxed me."

for 212
Blackmail photo -Audrey: I did good, didn't I? Cooper: You may have saved my life.

that's all I can remember now.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

These really need to be put up on YouTube...

Just finished episode 12. Is Hank sleeping at the Double RR? :lol:

Why would Jean and Blackie keep Audrey at One Eyed Jacks? Ben still owns it at that point. Are they not worried he will pop in and see her? Are they not worried about employees there that are loyal to him and would let him know that his daughter is being held there?

How did Blackie's sister hook up with Jean all of the sudden?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

To those wanting the "previously on..." and "next on..." segments, they are all on this fine fan-made collection in decent VHS quality. Lots of other amazing stuff there too. And the "previously on..." segments from season 1 are of course on the old DVD set in better quality.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

evenreven, I still can't figure out how to use bit torrents -I'll need to be idiot walked through it.

jerry, the Nancy character is all over the place. She's in the first two episodes as a regular at OEJs and is made as a semiconfidant to Audrey, but secretly knows who she is. But these were either filmed and scrapped or only in the script. *The actress who played Nancy is listed in the credits though so some were probably filmed. And in the diary, she is made to seem like she is working with Blackie as well. Most likely they realized they were going to still use the character but decided on a different approach.

The device of keeping Audrey at OEJ without care to Ben popping in again like he did in the third episode with Jerry is most likely due to budgeting and plot device. It's a little sloppy, but not as evident in the lack of care in detail that will start in the second season -more writers and so many threads and the need to churn out more scripts are no doubt a factor.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Simple guide for simple bittorrent sites like Mininova, Isohunt and The Pirate Bay:

1. You need a bittorrent client application. The best one for PC is µTorrent and the best one for Mac is (arguably, but it's good enough...) Transmission. Download and install it.
2. Find the bittorrent listing for what you want to download.
3. Download the .torrent file
4. Open the torrent file in your bittorrent client application.
5. Voilà! It starts downloading.

This is a full video DVD so it will take a LONG time - possibly a week or more. It depends on how many "seeders" who are sharing it. A popular torrent can take minutes or hours; a big torrent with little action can take weeks. Hope that helps!
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:It's a little sloppy, but not as evident in the lack of care in detail that will start in the second season...
This was in the second season! It's all fine and dandy that the Nancy character was in the script and the cutting room floor, however, that does not stop it from being another WTF moment for a rapidly decreasing audience.

Oh, and i love how there is a One Eyed Jacks girl (In uniform!) helping with the videotaping of a tied-up Audrey!

Blackie: Hey Betty! Got a client right now? Can you, um, help us out over here?

Betty: Sure!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

oh Jerry, I know it's in the second season. I meant the increasing amount of lack of detail to will start to steamroll as the season goes on. -does the community think some spirit killed Luara? Ben admits to sleeping with some 17 year old girl and running a prostitution ring but as long as he didn't kill Laura, that's okay? Norma as judge in Miss Twin Peaks? everything Windom does.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:...everything Windom does...
You mean dressing up as a horse is not an effective way to kidnap someone???
Pierre Tremond

Post by Pierre Tremond »

Or the fact that he had a giant target setup for shooting arrows at people while interrogating them? Heh.

I love Windom Earle. He was just insanely fun to watch.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Enjoying the latter part of the second season is a little bit like taking a leap of faith. Once you make that leap you will enjoy it so much more and can forgive certain things. Yes, Windom's target/dartboard is like something out of The Avengers!
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Yeah... too bad the second season wasn't as realistic as the first season... Laura's completely identical cousin, a bird memorizing everything Laura Palmer said in Jaque's cabin and choosing to repeat it while on tape, all of the soundtrack music made by Angelo Badalamenti readily available for the townsfolk to listen to on jukeboxes, Andy and Hawk suddenly becoming the ONLY police officers to exist in the 51,201 populated city, and of course the whole town watching the same bad soap opera... on a SUNDAY of all days. Nope, no leaps of faith there! :D

Oh, I have to admit, despite being the completest that I am... I kind of like the lack of previously ons. Not that they wouldn't have made a good special feature, like the Lucy bumpers, but without them the series flows more like a film. I like each episode standing alone, too, without the tacked on exposition.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Pierre Tremond

Look at that! 12 Rainbow Trout!

Post by Pierre Tremond »

My way of looking at all of the incredulous stuff, is that at the end of the day, this was created/advertised to be a nighttime soap opera. And that's what soap operas do: have clearly drawn characters that are good and evil and occasionally cross over to the other side, with huge plot holes and things of that nature.

Dale Cooper doesn't exist in the real world. A nutter like him would never get to Quantico to begin with much less be in charge of a murder investigation. But that's what's awesome about Twin Peaks. It's escapism to a dark dreamworld that can't exist in reality.