Your thoughts on the Twin Peaks Gold Box dvd set

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Audrey Horne wrote:by her fifth appearance, after being a blond, a brunette, a red head, and a giant afro -her character would just be introduced walking though a door in a bald cap, a bucket would fall on her head and that would be it.

Dr. Hayward: Oh good, lord -Linda!
Good lord! Connie!

(I apologise for the extremely dodgy photoshop work. I used to be pretty good. Sigh.)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think I just peed my pants a little. I'm still laughing.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Does anyone else agree with me that Robyn Lively was horribly miscast as a woman who could charm/seduce all men. I hate her horrid permed hairstyle too! :lol:
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Yes. To me, Lana is by far the worst character on the show, much worse than Little Nicky, Evelyn and Malcolm combined. She's badly written, badly cast, she's just bad, period.

I had a "Bad Twin Peaks" binge yesterday and watched episodes 17-23 in one day. And I must say, even the terrible jump-frame effects when Malcolm is beating James in episode 22 was watchable (still better than 24; yes, you heard me), but Lana made me cringe way more than the Nicky-as-Satan thought bubble and all the other bad moments of Peaks combined. She's just insufferable. I wanted to throw things at the tv. What were they thinking? I kept hoping they'd changed the story for the Gold box to the Mayor shooting her. "I don't want to talk, I want to shoot". I know EXACTLY how you feel, Dwayne.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

the whole thing is so shakey and unsure of itself. They have no idea what to do with the character, or why she even needs to be there in the first place. And for a series that had spent so much time almost effortless on the seductive and sensual, it was hard to shallow the "power" Lana had -since she looked and was filmed like she should been from a third-rate FOX sitcom circa 1988. I was pretty young at the time, but even I said when Hawk, Andy, Dr. H etc were fawning over her, "this is just bad."
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?