Your thoughts on the Twin Peaks Gold Box dvd set

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Jerry Horne wrote:Erin - I for one would want to get the prints from Richard. I think they would be much better quality then printing them ourselves. It might be more expensive that way but i prefer quality over quantity. One suggestion would be to sell some framed with his autograph on the matte!
Oh, definitely prints from the source (R). The only problem after that is which ones to choose, they're all so ... I have officially run out of adjectives.
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

i just watched 'twin beaks' on youtube. pity this wasn't on the boxset. it was much funnier than the saturday night live skit....
Parkamarka

Post by Parkamarka »

Ross wrote:
Parkamarka wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Cooper's 'Windom Earle' line in ep. 28 is in fact present on this set. I seem to recall someone said it was missing on the season 2 set. Curious.
It's actually missing on my copy of the Gold Set as well as my Season 2 set. Now that is curious.
I actually don't have the set yet :( so I can't check, but I think it depends on which audio track you choose. I would assume its there on the original stereo track, and not on the other (the track that was on the season 2 set). Can any one confirm?
I just checked it, and yes, this is the case. I know nothing about audio formats, but having toggled my remote it's definitely there on one track and absent on the other.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Parkamarka wrote:
Ross wrote:
Parkamarka wrote: It's actually missing on my copy of the Gold Set as well as my Season 2 set. Now that is curious.
I actually don't have the set yet :( so I can't check, but I think it depends on which audio track you choose. I would assume its there on the original stereo track, and not on the other (the track that was on the season 2 set). Can any one confirm?
I just checked it, and yes, this is the case. I know nothing about audio formats, but having toggled my remote it's definitely there on one track and absent on the other.
That's what I figured. Shame they didn't fix it- but at least we have the original stereo track on there to hear it correctly.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

So what's the deal in Season 1, episode 8 with the Ben/Audrey scene missing? This would be where he's visiting the "new girl" and when she realizes it's her own father, puts on the white mask. I know because I've seen the clip on YouTube but it isn't on the disc.

Sure doesn't make sense when Audrey is called on the carpet for displeasing the owner, and she says the owner "wasn't her type" (Duh). Without that scene, you don't know how she got out of the situation.

Anyone know the story of why it didn't make it into the actual episode? I never bought S1 and 2 separately before this box set and I'm just not up on the inside scoop.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Episode 8 was season 2 and that scene is on there.

Season 1 - Pilot and episodes 1 thru 7
Season 2 - Episodes 8 thru 29
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Huh. That is exceedingly strange because I watched it again and it's just not there. At least not in my set.

(I wanna cry).
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Are you sure you're looking in the right episode? It's right after the scene where the Giant visits Cooper in his room after being shot. I will re-check my copy.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

woah, that can't be right.

Season one ends with Audrey being discovered, and then Cooper being shot.

The second season opens with Cooper being visited by the Giant, and then cuts to One-Eyed Jacks with Audrey and Ben. It's about ten minutes into the second season premiere.

Should be on the fourth disc, T -with the double t diner on the disc.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The scene is on there! Well, my copy anyway.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:Season one ends with Audrey being discovered
The final scene of season one is Coop being shot. Audrey was not discovered as she had a mask.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Now, I know I turned a year older today but didn't know I was this senile ... Good Grief. Thanks Audrey!! I found it - was doing something hinky with my remote. Now I can be creeped out fully by the scene.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

No, I know -I meant cliffhanger of possibly being discovered, and then Cooper is shot ending the season.

And then the pickup in season two -we're saying the same thing. I just said it badly -hey, I know let's consult that Do your palms ever itch thread -it was just covered...
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

I x-posted right above you.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey Tonya--Happy Birthday!!! :lol:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.