What postcards did you get in your gold box?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Tonya - i can find out where you live. Think about it.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Aaaaaaargh! The pressure!

Mischa, in all fairness, Audrey asked first (threats Mischa, after letting you use my review of Richard's book? Aiyeeeeee! I'll tell him you're pressuring me! It'll be a stuffed animal SMACKDOWN). Also, I already have the Agent Cooper pointing at map postcard. Guys, I wish I had two Audrey cards, I really do.

Audrey, let me think about it - she's the only connection to the Hornes and since there's no Ben Horne postcard (Major Bummer), it's kind of difficult to part with, even for Leland (and I really love Ray Wise, too).

What other Laura postcards do you have (I could go look but I'm busy and lazy at the same time) besides Laura wrapped in plastic?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No worries :wink: I'm not even sure i'm going to pursue all the postcards yet...
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

I'm going to commit blasphemy here and just say that the postcards are fun and nice, but not worth committing seppuku over. It would be cool if someone here got a David-Lynch signed one, but dang, it's a lot of dough to keep buying sets, hoping you get what you want, since the distribution seems so arbitrary.

I dunno. Maybe as more people check in at the trading post, everyone can get what they want.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

T, no problem at all -

I have doubles of Laura in the red room, Andy with Post-its; Leland, Cooper and Denise; Deerhead. You can have all of them if you want for the Audrey one.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

I'll let you know tomorrow. When I'm at home after work later today, my brain will hopefully relax a bit and I can think on it.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

TP postcard trading section up at Neighborrow.com within GreetingsfromTwinPeaks.com

http://neighborrow.com/twinpeaks
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

20:Dr. Jacoby
21:Norma
23:Sarah Palmer
27:Tibetan stone throwing
28:Deerhead
29:Audrey with the mask
30:Sheriff's Department
32:BOB
47:Laura's autopsy
48:Dennis Bryson and Cooper
52:Cooper drinking coffee
57:Corpse pointing at chessboard
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

STILL waiting for my Gold Box (and Season 2 soundtrack) to arrive and I had it preordered on Amazon.com for months! Oh, hopefully it will come in the following week. Have been watching the post every day for two weeks but no sign of it yet! Wonder what postcards (hopefully I will get some in my set!) I got....

I just won two on ebay though, no. 20 and 28. Was outbid on all the other ones! Not sure how much I'm really willing to spend on ebay on the cards though. Perhaps they'll all go too high as it's a fad - or will they become rarer?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just a question. Does anyone know if the postcards are still available in sets bought online? I heard just first 60,000 ... Is there anyway of knowing before you buy?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'm not knocking the postcards, or the fun of collecting them. But aren't all of them just screen caps from the actual episodes? Would be pretty easy to actually make these yourself.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ross wrote:I'm not knocking the postcards, or the fun of collecting them. But aren't all of them just screen caps from the actual episodes? Would be pretty easy to actually make these yourself.

You have a point there! That's why I'm wondering - in the grander scheme of things - how do people think they will fair as collector's items? They're certainly selling really well now on Ebay but will this continue to be the case?

Plus is it true that they're only in first 60,000 boxes. And has anyone even gotten a rare, signed card or wildcard yet?! :roll:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There is a sticker on the front of the box that mentions the postcards. If you don't see that sticker then beware.
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

Finally my Gold Set gets to the UK and I can join in!

1 "Welcome to Twin Peaks" sign
2 Bird from the opening credits
3 Packard Sawmill
6 Great Northern
8 James and motorbike
13 Cooper pointing to Tibet map
34 Maddy (during "You and I" I think)
55 Windom Earle
56 Annie
58 Glastonbury Grove (red curtains)
60 LMFAP
61 Laura Palmer, wrapped in plastic
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.