UK Release Season 2???

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Gabriel wrote:My guess is that the entire series 'gold' set will be issued here, skipping the season two-only set!
You're probably correct, however I'm a little unsettled by the fact that (to the best of my knowledge) there hasn't been any mention, anywhere, of the Gold Set being released over here.

Sure, I can purchase the Region 1 set, but that won't work for everyone, and I would occasionally like to be able to buy a UK product! ;-)

Does anyone here know of 'any' news regarding a UK release?

RR
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

Hi, I dont think there is any news about a UK release of season2 or the gold box, if i'm not mistaken its due to the fact Universal own the rights to S2 over here rather than Paramount/CBS.
So if you dont want the goofy looking region 1 set the alternative (which i'm routing for) is the one listed one Amazon.de - you remember it .. "the complete mystery", fingers crossed this will have all the extras of the Goofy Gold Edition but with a prettier name and a nicer box and be region 2.
I'm checking all the time (http://www.amazon.de/Twin-Peaks-The-Com ... B000K2VKCK) but as you can see hardly any info's available (especially for us englsih speakers!) except a release date and a price. Paramount own FWWM too in Germany i think so the complete mystery could include that too.
Its nice to see i'm not the only one on the look out for it, if anyones got any news or thoughts- post them! :)
Last edited by mark84 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidtobin100

Post by davidtobin100 »

If you're in the UK/Ireland area the best bet is to get on eBay and pick up the Dutch version of the complete season two. Did this about six months ago and it is a fantastic dvd. It's region 2 and PAL so there is no compatibility issues. Picked mine up for less than 70 euros with shipping.
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

yeah i did that with FWWM (before it was released in the UK). I really doubt we'll see a gold edition here though due to the rights.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

mark84 wrote:I dont think there is any news about a UK release of season2, if i'm not mistaken its due to the fact Universal own the rights to S2 over here rather than Paramount/CBS.
So if you dont want the goofy looking region 1 set the alternative (which i'm routing for) is the one listed one Amazon.de...
davidtobin100 wrote:If you're in the UK/Ireland area the best bet is to get on eBay and pick up the Dutch version of the complete season two...
Guys, thanks for the replies, but I was talking about the forthcoming 'Gold Box' set of the entire Twin Peaks, with new extras.

I already have the Region 1 version of Season 2, and (apart from the shoddy packaging) am pretty happy with it.

I came to accept that the UK won't be releasing S2 on its own long ago, but would like to know if there'll be a R2 version of the Gold Box at some point. I damn well hope so, because not everyone is region-free like I am, and I'm perplexed as to why a large proportion of UK fans are being denied this material.

RR
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

Red Room, big apology, its my mistake, i was actually reffering to the Gold Box in my first post, i have slightly altered it to make it more clear.
To sumarise my point- i dont think its possible for the UK to have the gold box due to the rights issues, In region two our best bet is "Twin Peaks - The Complete Mystery" see amazon.de /the link in my first post. Sorry about that again.
Paul

Europe release

Post by Paul »

[quote="mark84"]Red Room, big apology, its my mistake, i was actually reffering to the Gold Box in my first post, i have slightly altered it to make it more clear.
To sumarise my point- i dont think its possible for the UK to have the gold box due to the rights issues, In region two our best bet is "Twin Peaks - The Complete Mystery" see amazon.de /the link in my first post. Sorry about that again.[/quote]

The Gold Box complete mystery will be released in Europe - region 2 - everywhere but UK and France - as CBS/Par doesn't hol dthose rights - however, it will include English audio and will have all of the same extra features.
adamus

Post by adamus »

mark84 wrote:due to the fact Universal own the rights to S2 over here rather than Paramount/CBS.
Has anyone ever asked Universal if they are going to release their own set for UK/France?
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

I do know if they own the rights to both seasons, which might be the problem. Other issues would probably be the extras - which might be very lacking. I dont know much about Universal but going on their over the top high fluted logo I doubt they'd much care for a email. You could try though, live life on the fast lane.
adamus

Post by adamus »

Okay I went a bit crazy and sent off an email to Universal, I wonder if they will reply!
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

Haha, I sent an email to Paramount.de asking for more details about the complete mystery set, who knows if il get a response, i cant speak German so i had to write it in English.
adamus

Post by adamus »

Well I hope you get more luck than I did Mark, my email got bounced back, despite being the listed address on the UK website!
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

haha, oh dear. No reply as yet, it'd be nice if they do send an email to me, but i suspect it'll be very short and probably lacking any interesting info.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

About five years ago, I sent several e-mails and written letters to Paramount on if they had any knowledge on the possible release of Season 2 and the deleted scenes of FWWM. Nothing was answered. So I doubt if things have changed.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

Dont worry i'm not holding my breath!